This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Post who you look like

edited December 2009 in Technology
Has anyone tried this? I only got a 64% match, and didn't think it was even close. A really interesting concept, though.

Comments

• Only 58%, but mildly amusing...
    Me on the left, match on the right. Decent, but not great. I saw some other great matches happening, though, so I think the program does work fairly well, it's just rather limited at the time.
  • It gave me a message about technical difficulties. Clearly, this is because there is no-one that can match my cuteness.
  • It gave me a message about technical difficulties. Clearly, this is because there is no-one that can match my cuteness.
    Clearly.

Seriously though, I got the message, then tried again a minute later and it worked. It's just got a super busy server, so it probably screwed up.
  • Me on the left, match on the right.
    Your match looks like the love child of Joshua Jackson and Neil Patrick Harris.
  • I submitted a second photo and it couldn't find a match. 6.5 billion people just breathed a sigh of relief.

One match that it showed (when giving samples) was a man and woman. Funny.
  • edited December 2009

At least they got the asian/pacific islander nose part down. Possibly the almond shaped eyes as well. Coca-Cola says it's a 68% match.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I hate to break this to you, but I think this really just depends on the angle of the shot.
  • I hate to break this to you, but I think this really just depends on the angle of the shot.
    I think it does. I changed the angle, and my match changed completely. They both were relatively similar, but neither were really matches.

But Ro, I think that's actually a pretty decent match. Not great, but I think it's a bit better than mine.
  • Yeah. I didn't save mine, but pretty much my "match" had simply the same expression on his face as me. His nose was pretty flat and wide too, which mine is not at all.
  • Yeah. I didn't save mine, but pretty much my "match" had simply the same expression on his face as me. His nose was pretty flat and wide too, which mine is not at all.
    Are you sure it wasn't Squirtle? :P ^_~
  • And so, now we play the game of inserting pictures of random objects and seeing how much of a match we can get.
  • They didn't have a match for me. Either because I'm to unique looking or lack of black people. :P
    Are you sure it wasn't Squirtle? :P ^_~
    Lolz
  • The "match queue" is completely fake. That's annoying.

My caucasian young son just got matched with a middle aged black woman. The angle of the face was the same, so it definitely has a strong preference for that aspect.
    Me on the left, match on the right. Decent, but not great. I saw some other great matches happening, though, so I think the program does work fairly well, it's just rather limited at the time.
    Carlton Lassiter?
    Carlton Lassiter?
    Holy crap...That is totally Lassiter from Psych...If I contacted him, I wouldn't say he looked like me, I'd say he looked like Lassiter. That's awesome.