This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Captain Forever

Comments

• This game is irritating at times. It's fun, but goddamn hard to level one's ship.
  • This game is irritating at times. It's fun, but goddamn hard to level one's ship.
    The trick I've found is to just go with a stupid design. Just make a big long stick with lasers on one side and jets on the other side. Put the jets closer to the edges for faster turning, and put the lasers in the middle. Attack whatever you can kill, and run from what you can't.
  • Thanks for the tip. Is the extra content (i.e., Captain Successor) worth becoming a supporter for, in your opinion?
  • Thanks for the tip. Is the extra content (i.e., Captain Successor) worth becoming a supporter for, in your opinion?
    Don't know. I haven't, and probably won't, pay for it.
  • edited December 2009
    This game is fun, if only it was multiplayer... (haven't read anything but I assume it isn't).
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited December 2009
    The Broadside.
    Very clever but, I imagine, difficult to upgrade.
    Post edited by Omnutia on

• The Broadside.
    Whoa. How do you get the shield?
  • edited December 2009
    The Broadside.
    Very clever but, I imagine, difficult to upgrade.
    Very hard to upgrade, as soon as I got it into that state I defeated a Charlie, and tried to upgrade my substrates, and was promptly beset upon by three Delta's. The broadside was never the same again.

The Broadside.
    Whoa. How do you get the shield?
    It will just randomly show up, spot of luck that I found it and also that I didn't destroy it when I was trying to grab it for my own. Not sure what it does yet.

EDIT: The Broadside 2: The Sequel
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • edited December 2009
    Broadside: ENDGAME
    Like the fist of an angry god, this prismatic death machine deals out white, fiery, death.
  • Broadside: ENDGAME
    Like the fist of an angry god, this prismatic death machine deals out white, fiery, death.
    jesus, that's a powerful ship.. showing me that I suck at that game.
  • Jesus, that's a powerful ship.. showing me that I suck at that game.
    You do not suck, you just don't have infinite free time.
  • Broadside: ENDGAME
    You need to upgrade your girders. I got in a firefight with a light blue and would have won, but another ship clipped me during a strafe and one of the red girders got instantly blown apart in the crossfire, taking along three of the guns.
  • You need to upgrade your girders. I got in a firefight with a light blue and would have won, but another ship clipped me during a strafe and one of the red girders got instantly blown apart in the crossfire, taking along three of the guns.
    Which Broadside did you play as? Because there are no red girders in the ENDGAME Broadsides design. Also, as a note, the girders in the ENDGAMEs design are the highest hit-point girders. Try clicking the link again.
  • edited December 2009
    I must have used the Broadside 2. Many apologies.

EDIT: Goddamn. That is a powerful ship.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I do not believe that the endgame ship is actually the product of a human playing this game. Clearly someone has figured out the save-game code, and created the ship by manipulating the GET parameter.
  • I do not believe that the endgame ship is actually the product of a human playing this game. Clearly someone has figured out the save-game code, and created the ship by manipulating the GET parameter.
    It can be improved upon. Turn it into a windowed hammerhead, and it's basically a Star Destroyer.
  • edited December 2009
    I do not believe that the endgame ship is actually the product of a human playing this game. Clearly someone has figured out the save-game code, and created the ship by manipulating the GET parameter.
    You are making an argument from incredulity, I believe. I could see how that what you propose would be easier for you to accomplish. I will however tell you this, I played the fuck out of that game. Nineless challenged me to show him the prismatic components I said were at the end of the game (Hence: ENDGAME), so I played until I had them. It's a product of boredom really.
    I am now tempted to manipulate the GET parameter however.
    EDIT: I just deleted one of my lasers by switching an 'a' for a 'b'. This is neat.
    It can be improved upon. Turn it into a windowed hammerhead, and it's basically a Star Destroyer.
    What do you mean improve? You ungrateful son of a whore. You're just adding unnecessary weight.
    edited December 2009
    Nineless challenged me to show him the prismatic components I said were at the end of the game (Hence: ENDGAME), so I played until I had them. It's a product of boredom really.
    PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!!!! PEW!

I like the sound it makes when you just keep firing...

EVERYTHING DIES! MAHAHAHAHAHAHA! PEW PEW PEW!!! ALL EXPLODE IN PARTS!
    Post edited by ... on
  • Am I the only one seeing a skull in the background when you shoot?
  • That's the pilot's face.
  • Press "C" if you have a webcam.
  • Press "C" if you have a webcam.
    Omg haha, that is so good.
  • What do you meanimprove? You ungrateful son of a whore. You're just adding unnecessary weight.
    Would you prefer "made ever more godly?" The weight isn't unnecessary; it allows you to broadside all four directions simultaneously, like some sort of flatland Borg cube. Lining the inside of the "window panes" with more thrusters allows for extra maneuverability and incredible speed.

That being said, the Endgame is basically invincible by itself. I've destroyed peacekeepers with a single strafe. I have no idea how you progressed that far, but hats fucking off to you.
  • Would you prefer "made ever more godly?" The weight isn't unnecessary; it allows you to broadside all four directions simultaneously, like some sort of flatland Borg cube. Lining the inside of the "window panes" with more thrusters allows for extra maneuverability and incredible speed.

That being said, the Endgame is basically invincible by itself. I've destroyed peacekeepers with a single strafe. I have no idea how you progressed that far, but hats fucking off to you.
    That's actually a pretty good endgame design, problem is that would be harder to upgrade to than a broadside design.You'll need a fuckton of girders. I'll be back in a couple of hours and provide a link to it.