This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

*sip*

edited December 2009 in Everything Else
Forum's been a bit slow lately.
So, what's up?

Comments

• I'm sipping on Raspberry Ginger Ale. Yum.
  • I ate latkes for the first time today. Yum!
  • I'm sipping on Raspberry Ginger Ale. Yum.
    I love that flavor.
  • Forum is always slow on the weekend.

Me, I'm pretty much just spending the evening tying up some loose ends(Read: Not studying for finals).
  • I've been studying for the past five hours and 30 minutes. Still need to refresh my memory on some various Calc topics and learn a couple new ones for Tuesday morning's Calc final. Yesterday, I studied for 9-10 hours.

Thank Bob tomorrow is my last night of studying.
  • Peeling orange, going to bed.

WindUpBird, you are taking breaks, right?
  • Just got back from a Chanukah dinner with my dad's side of the family, gonna read what I need to for school then go to sleep.
  • WindUpBird, you are taking breaks, right?
    Occasionally. They usually spawn from distraction, though; besides that, I've been making sure to get enough sleep.
  • I'm procrastinating on my Secret Santa project, while I work on the last major color for my cross-stitch project. >.< I predict I will have it finished by the end of the month. I'm looking forward to being done with this project.

I'm also getting back into Battlestar Galactica. I never did finish the series.

I honestly am not on my computer that much on the weekends. I have enough of computers when I'm at work, so my desire to be near one at home isn't a lot. However, that might change soon since I started playing Dragon Age.
  • I'm just pretending to be really busy with studying. Ooh, look at me, I'm working hard to improve those brains of mine! Look at all these paper around me, I must be so busy! Yeah...I predict a D for my chemistry exam I just took, with a somewhat believable chance of a C. Not that that's bad or anything, I expect half the class to get a D. IB chemistry is - as my friends describe it - forced anal sex with no lube. That is to say, you walk out of the exam room rubbin' your rear and just happy that it's over with. It's logical, but there are so many exceptions thrown into the knowledge given. There are so many different details you need to know because everything is not black and white.

What determines if a weak acid is weak and a strong acid is strong? A strong acid is good at conduct, but what about an average strength acid? Do we just not learn about average strength acids? Are they pushed to the side, forgotten in the annals of chemistry? What a sad life it must be to be of an average strength acid, no one cares about you at all.

Oh yeah, what the fuck is hydroiolic acid? I have never seen that before in my life and BOOM, somehow I'm supposed to know about its ability to conduct. So here I am staring at this question, trying to find out what the fuck this acid is, and I can't help but giggle at the strangeness of the pronunciation. HydrOOOHHAAAIIIOOOOHHlic acid. OOOOHAAAAIIIOOOOH! OOOOOOHAAAAAIIIOOOOH! Oh crap, I wasted 5 minutes on this question.

So that's what's up today.
  • I'm playing Titan Quest. A lot. What's up with that?
  • We're in spore mode until the new year. Lots of change coming. Good change. ^_~
  • And now I'm eating muesli. Weird.
  • I've been at my mom's house for Chanukah. I've also got a pretty busy week coming up. It happens sometimes.
  • I found the whole series of Tetsujin 28 (Directed by Yatsuhiro Imawaga) at f.y.e. for about 20 bucks. It is going to be an epic watch.
  • We're in spore mode until the new year. Lots of change coming. Good change. ^_~
    I don't know. Do spores lug a bunch of heavy moving boxes around and do a ton of paperwork? Do they ride on buses and go Christmas shopping? For a spore I've been awfully busy.
  • I have cheap internet access for the first time in a week. I can now download a load of podcasts without paying about 40 dollars to do so.
  • Yep...
    I'm coding and avoiding coding, need to finish writing a game by Wednesday.
  • Waiting for something to do at work. Pretty relaxed from the weekend.
    edited December 2009
    What a sad life it must be to be of an average strength acid, no one cares about you at all.
    :< I feel sad now. Poor average strength acids. But that's a great username. Just as great as say Solar-Powered Flashlight. Anyways, I'm sipping my drink and preparing for the cinema. Gonna watch Ninja Assassin because eh, free tickets (and everything else is shit or drama).
    Post edited by ... on
  • I'm playing Titan Quest. A lot. What's up with that?
    Titan Quest was better the first time around, when it was called Diablo.

Actually, I do like TQ more. It's a bit of a better game.

As for me, I'm taking it easy at work and continuing to brainstorm about my secret santa gift. I've made progress, but now I need to figure out how I want to finalize it. This has proven to be a fun little project for me.
  • This makes me want to create Rym & Scott-based creatures in Spore.
  • I've been working on school stuff, and planning my Saturnalia party. FRCF members in Rochacha, feel free to drop by! (Whisper me for address etc)
  • What determines if a weak acid is weak and a strong acid is strong? A strong acid is good at conduct, but what about an average strength acid? Do we just not learn about average strength acids? Are they pushed to the side, forgotten in the annals of chemistry? What a sad life it must be to be of an average strength acid, no one cares about you at all.
    Strong acids you mostly have to memorize; they dissociate entirely in water. Everything else with a Ka that results in an [H+] which is less than the concentration of the acid in solution is weak. Even if its pH would make it of "average" (7?) acididity, there's really no such thing as an average acid. Strength just relates to dissociation in solution.

Sorry, my chem final was on Friday and I'm still regurgitating facts.
  • Don't worry, give it a few weeks and all that knowledge will have drained out of your brain to make room for important things.
  • Returned home, was a nice blood+body parts film. Nomming on some stracciatella yoghurt. So great! n___n
  • Returned home, was a nice blood+body parts film. Nomming on some stracciatella yoghurt. So great! n___n
    I don't think my stomach can take doing both those specific things at the same time, and I rarely (if ever) get grossed out by an ultra-violent movies at all. You sir have a cast-iron stomach :)
  • I've just been lurking around here, interested but not really having much to say. Plus, reading 400+ posts on a single subject takes a while for me, when I feel like getting up to date. But honestly, whenever I feel like responding, someone's already said what I had planned. Thus, no reason to post.
    I'm not dead yet!!! :3