This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Adult Swim/Tim and Eric

edited December 2009 in Flamewars
I just ended up watching like five episodes of this show and it is excellent. I was surprised because I had seen clips of it on YouTube and found them kind of mediocre, but the stuff is ridiculously funny within the context of the show.

Through a combination of low budget effects and faux-poor acting, they manage to create some of the best awkward humor I've ever seen. You guys should really check out this show, it's something else.

Comments

• This show is really funny drunk. Srsly.
  • This is one of the most terrible shows on Adult Swim. It's like they're trying to be humorous without using any humor. It fails and my opinion is that this is awful.

At least it's not 12 oz Mouse horrible.
  • This show is really funny drunk. Srsly.
    I agree. But it's also funny sober.
    This is one of the most terrible shows on Adult Swim. It's like they're trying to be humorous without using any humor. It fails and my opinion is that this is awful.
  • My friend's boyfriend put this on a while back, and I found it about 10% funny/90% painful. The Major Lazer video that Eric directed, though -- magnifique!
  • I never thought I'd bump into someone who liked this show. I'm going to pretend this thread never happened. D:
  • Tim and Eric is fucking garbage.
  • A delicious Tim and Eric ad for you wonderful people.

• edited December 2009
    Errr... What?
    Somewhat funny in parts, though.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • The Major Lazer video that Eric directed, though -- magnifique!
    This one?

• This is the one thing from Tim and Eric that I actually thought was funny.
  • This one?
    The very same.
  • Just saw the title change. Sail, I love you.

• For your health!
  • It would be wrong for me to say, that I HAVE laughed at this show before, but I don't really like it. Better than other Adult Swim shows, but most of the time it's like watching a baby playing with it's own poo.
  • most of the time it's like watching a baby playing with it's own poo.
    really funny drunk. Srsly.
  • Most adult swim shows are just unwatchable. This is only one of many.
  • Most adult swim shows are just unwatchable.
    Now that's just blasphemy. ATHF, Metalocalypse, and the Venture Brothers are absolutely hysterical. "Xavier: Renegade Angel" is the only [as] show I consider truly unwatchable.
  • ATHF, Metalocalypse, and the Venture Brothers
    OK, you successfully named 3. Actually, I don't consider ATHF watchable past the second season, but I agree about Metalocalypse and Venture Bros. AS has however produced such gems as Squidbillies and Tom Goes to the Mayor.
  • AS has however produced such gems as Squidbillies and Tom Goes to the Mayor.
    I really like those as well. My roommates hate Squidbillies with a passion, which I find odd given their love of ATHF.

Robot Chicken has its moments. Frisky Dingo was quite good, in my opinion, and Drinky Crow was killer if you love Maakies (I do). I haven't decided whether or not I like Titan Maximum. Most of the old stuff (Sealab, Harvey Birdman, The Brak Show, Space Ghost) kicks ass, and anything from Channel 4 or the BBC they show (I love The Mighty Boosh and Look Around You like I love air) is consistently incredible.
  • Most adult swim shows are just unwatchable.
    Now that's just blasphemy. ATHF, Metalocalypse, and the Venture Brothers are absolutely hysterical. "Xavier: Renegade Angel" is the only [as] show I consider truly unwatchable.
    The only one of those I find remotely entertaining is Metalocalypse and that is only funny for an episode or two. It is the same joke.
  • AS has however produced such gems as Squidbillies and Tom Goes to the Mayor.
    I really like those as well. My roommates hate Squidbillies with a passion, which I find odd given their love of ATHF.

Robot Chicken has its moments. Frisky Dingo was quite good, in my opinion, and Drinky Crow was killer if you love Maakies (I do). I haven't decided whether or not I like Titan Maximum. Most of the old stuff (Sealab, Harvey Birdman, The Brak Show, Space Ghost) kicks ass, and anything from Channel 4 or the BBC they show (I love The Mighty Boosh and Look Around You like I love air) is consistently incredible.
    Robot Chicken was really good, but then the skits got strangely, STRANGELY dark and it turned it off for me. But I haven't really seen episodes of Season 4.

Frisky Dingo was fantastic. Sealab was great, but loss it's punch when we lost Harry Goz. (RIP :( ) It does make me wonder how their next project, Archer, will be.

Hate Squidbillies, Hate 12oz Mouse (That show is STU-PID), Xavier was dumb...

Tom Goes To The Mayor was very funny, which is why Tim and Eric weirds me out. It had a some dull episodes, but some very funny ones. It had the best pilot and great guests.

Did anyone else like Morel Orel? It was probably one of those shows that took a darker, more dramatic turn but that really worked for the show. The silliness is still funny, but the late episodes in the series really have you own edge.
    ATHF, Metalocalypse, and the Venture Brothers
    OK, you successfully named 3. Actually, I don't consider ATHF watchable past the second season, but I agree about Metalocalypse and Venture Bros.
    You didn't care for Season 3 or 4? Those were hilarious. Three is kind of where I appreciate ATHF for what it was and it allowed me to rewatch Season 1 and 2 and laugh with them.
  • Sealab
    Tolerable.
    Harvey Birdman
    Spastic and unwatchable.
    The Brak Show
    Ugh.
    Space Ghost
    Hilarious when very tired, drunk, or 15.

Metalocalypse is still the best thing they've ever done.
  • THIS is why Squidbillies is awesome.
  • Not a single show listed thus far has gone above "meh" for me and most make me cringe.
  • edited December 2009
    Space Ghost
    Hilarious when very tired, drunk, or 15.
    But those are the times you should watch it. That's when I always watched it, at, like, one in the morning in hotel rooms while I was on vacation with my parents. We laughed and laughed, because we were so tired and punchy, and it was so stupid. I really love Space Ghost.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Not a single show listed thus far has gone above "meh" for me and most make me cringe.
    Agreed. There are episodes of ATHF, Venture Bros, and Robot Chicken that I have enjoyed, but I have never gone out of my way to watch any of them. Every other show I've attempted to watch on Adult Swim (not including non-original content) has been like, "Okay, I'd like my half hour back now."
  • Robot Chicken
    I find RC to be extremely hit-or-miss. It's either hilarious or painful.
  • Robot Chicken
    I find RC to be extremely hit-or-miss. It's either hilarious or painful.
    Something about that show is so aesthetically unpleasing that I can't get past it to enjoy any other aspect. It is simply ugly.
  • When I interviewed to work at Adult Swim, we talked about all kinds of things, including how I liked some of the shows. They all agreed with me that this show is the worst.