This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Community: "I'd say the whole word next time." "Jew-y?"

Comments

• When the geekeries fall during the cold open (rulebooks, comics, dice, Watchmen), one of the comics is clearly named SCUD: The Disposable Assassin. Dan Harmon was giving himself a nod there; he wrote and illustrated those books. You can get all of them in an omnibus for about $20; they're really good and darkly humorous, with a cool concept.
  • edited February 2011
    When the geekeries fall during the cold open (rulebooks, comics, dice, Watchmen), one of the comics is clearly namedSCUD: The Disposable Assassin. Dan Harmon was giving himself a nod there; he wrote and illustrated those books. You can get all of them in an omnibus for about $20; they're really good and darkly humorous, with a cool concept.
    There was also a game of SCUD:The Disposable Assassin, which was pretty decent.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • There were also a picture of The Daleks, and that was pretty awesome :D
  • I would say that a two-part episode that successfully combines The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with Star Wars beats out a Die Hard episode. Thoughts?
  • I would say that a two-part episode that successfully combines The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with Star Wars beats out a Die Hard episode. Thoughts?
    I would say that this two part finale, is the best two two part finale in the history of sitcoms based on community colleges and awesomenes :D
  • edited May 2011
    Ah, I'm glad there's a thread for this show. There is nothing I don't like about Community, and since the start of the second season, it was quickly become my favorite show currently airing, and possibly ever. I love me some sitcoms, and whenever an episode is over I always come to the same realization that I've had a smile stuck to my face the whole time. I am now going to watch the second part of the finale, and probably die. See you on the other side.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • I just borrowed the first season from a friend. It is delightful.
    Also, it looks like since it is a commuity college it will only run for 2 seasons. I want to see who the show evolves after the first year.
    Another character that I enjoy is the Dean. His character is hilarious in so many levels. He goes and creates the mascot for Greendale, which is "The Human". Another funny moment is when he is watching a youtube video of what it looks like a furry and he says to himself: "This better no awake something in me". He is like the second coming of Tobias Funke. The third coming will be when the "Arrested Development Movie" finally comes out :P
    Later, when they are trying to find out who sent a racially profiled text, it shows him in his office opening up a box containing a dalmatian fursuit.
    This friend should be rewarded.
    This friend should be rewarded.
    Friendship is its own reward.
  • Friendship is its own reward.
  • Was I the only one that felt a little sad at yesterday's finale. I never thought it would end like that. It was a good ending, and it also surprised me a lot.
  • The last shot of the episode (excluding the stinger) had me going ";-;"
    Tugged my strings, man.
  • I just watched 55 episodes of Community over four days. Great stuff! Many of the episodes have blurred together, but some stand out. Of the more recent ones, Yahtzee stands out as a more interesting episode, but the Fußball episode was the one that made me laugh the most.
  • When you say the Yahtzee, you are talking about the multiple dimensions episodes right?
    My favorite so far if the second christmas episode which basically explains the meaning of Christmas for many people in the world.
    By the way the dreamatorium episode was fantastic :D
  • Not multiple dimensions but multiple timelines.
  • It's going to be hard picking a favorite this season. I do love the two-parter of the Blanket/Pillow Fort War between Troy and Abed.
  • That Ken Burns styling was hot.
  • edited April 2012
    The most striking episode on this show, if not necessarily the best, is the flashback episode. It's clip-show format, but all of the flashbacks are original content. This pretty much ruined all other shows' flashback episodes for me.

EDIT: I must say, I think my favorite episode is the Goodfellas one. That narrative style gets me every time.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • My most favorite episode I've seen so far is the one where they play D&D. But I haven't seen all of them, so that might change in the future.
  • edited April 2012
    I'm insanely stupid.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited April 2012
    Yes, that's a spoiler, don't be a smartass about it.
    Spoiler tags look like this. Use them.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Oh so that is how a spoiler looks, sorry :P

• Oh great, yet another thread about a TV show that I can't enjoy because of stupid spoilers. I guess I'll not join in again until I'm all caught up!
  • What about those of us who watch the show but aren't caught up? Huge fucking spoiler, dude. Thanks for that.
  • Sorry guys, I would edit it but I can't :(
  • What about those of us who watch the show but aren't caught up? Huge fucking spoiler, dude. Thanks for that.
    Oh great, yet another thread about a TV show that I can't enjoy because of stupid spoilers. I guess I'll not join in again until I'm all caught up!
    I don't really consider Community to be terribly spoilable in any meaningful sense.

But more to the point, while I do not go out of my way to spoil things for people, the reality of the modern world is that if you are the kind of person who actually cares about "spoilers" for mass-popular media (or locally-popular-to-your-demographic media), then you either have to always stay on top of everything or never look at the Internet.