This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• Why don't they make good comedies like Tommy Boy anymore?
    Because David Spade hasn't starred in anything funny since 2006, and Chris Farley is dead.
    Because David Spade hasn't starred in anything funny since 2006, and Chris Farley is dead.
    Thanks for being literal.
  • Thanks for being literal.
    If you want a real answer, because comedy movies come in four flavors now - Family, Financially safe, "Edgy" parody Salad, and very occasionally, actually decent.
  • I saw Prince of Persia on Netflix streaming this weekend. It was a fun movie that is not going to test your brain in anyway but it definitely wasn't bad and probably one of the best movies based off an actual video game.
  • Inspired by the most recent Greatest Movie Ever podcast, I'm hosting a watching party of the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Blu-ray fuck yeah.
  • First TMNT movie is still awesome. The other two live action movies suck pretty badly. The CG movie was pretty good, and actually just today I watched that "Turtles Forever" TV movie which is basically a crossover between the '87 and '03 TV series'. It was pretty good, but contains a ton of in-jokes that may not hit with everybody. Best part was however when they basically switch into the universe of the 84 original comics. It also shows a lot of how bad and stupid the 87 cartoon really was.
  • The original TMNT comics were a Daredevil parody and incredibly violent.
  • Just watched Rumble In The Bronx. First time I saw a Jackie Chan movie in full length and the stunts were great, even if the story wasn't all there.
  • Tonight I watched Moon. It was remarkably average for a science fiction movie. Average meaning the good and the stupid canceled each other out, to leave me with a "meh" feeling.
  • I really liked the set design.
  • I am watching "Quest for the Mighty sword" the 3rd film in the Ator trilogy of movies (though apparently there are 4 movies) anyhow, it's low budget fantasy in it's finest cheesy goodness that you don't find anymore. I highly recommend if you are like me and love "bad" movies or if you want a movie to Mystery Science theater. Plus it's on Netflix instant viewing so it's painless! Trust me.. You'll love it :-p (don't trust me)

Bonus for the hobgoblin character being the same costume from the "troll" movies :-p
  • Watching The Runaways. Pretty damn good so far.
  • edited February 2011
    I saw the three Indiana Jones movies in the past few days. I'm pretty sure I'd seen them before, but I watched them again anyway.
    The second one is definitely much weaker than the others, and the third was probably the best.

The action is stupid/corny at times, but it's funny when it is, so all is well.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Finally watched Robocop. Enjoyed it.
  • Black Dynamite is still the greatest movie ever. That is all.
  • I saw the three Indiana Jones movies in the past few days. I'm pretty sure I'd seen them before, but I watched them again anyway.
    The second one is definitely much weaker than the others, and the third was probably the best.

The action is stupid/corny at times, but it's funny when it is, so all is well.
    I really like the second one. I like it better then the first. For me it goes 3 2 1 4. I like 2 because I like Short Round. And "KALI MA!! KALI MA!!!!"
  • The correct order is 3, 3, 3, 1.
  • No, it's 1, 3, 2, 4.
  • No, it's 1, 3, 2, 4.
  • No, it's 1, 3, 2, 4.
    Some people were dropped on their head too much.
  • No, it's 1, 3, 2, 4.
    Some people were dropped on their head too much.
    You're telling me, man. Some people don't like rosemary.
  • edited February 2011
    I've only watched 2 and 4 once each and I must say that I think that Short Round was more annoying than Shia LaBeouf and the Temple of Doom plot was more moronic than The Kingdom of the Chrystal Skull. So my order is 3, 1, 4, 2
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best one out of sheer quality, Last Crusade is the most enjoyable in some respects.
  • I don't know why you all think there are 4 Indiana Jones movies. Don't you remember that terrible tragedy with Harrison Ford and the wheat thresher?
  • Come on! Jumping out of a plane in a raft??? How awesome is that? "Sounds like fortune cookies"? Tearing beating hearts out? 2 is sooo good.
  • I don't know why you all think there are 4 Indiana Jones movies. Don't you remember that terrible tragedy with Harrison Ford Shia LeBoeuf and the wheat thresher?
    FTFY because Harrison Ford going on Conan high out of his fucking skull was his redemption.
  • There is no Indiana Jones 4, you bitches be crazy.
  • I'm going to watch The Temple of Doom tomorrow at a friends house, and I've seen the other two movies recently, so I'll be able to make an informed statement.
  • There is no Indiana Jones 4, you bitches be crazy.