This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Recommended Anime podcasts

edited December 2009 in Anime
I'm looking for some new anime podcasts to try out. Are there anime podcast out there that you all like that are on par with Fast Karate for the Gentleman, Anime World Order and Geeknights ?

Comments

• Are you sure? I was going through iTunes podcast sections for anime podcast. There is quite a bit of them out there. There has got to be one more decent one to add to my subscription to listen to.
  • There has got to be one more decent one to add to my subscription to listen to.
    The internet is a surprising place.
  • edited December 2009
    Anime Pulse. :snicker snicker:
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Are you sure?
    To be perfectly honest, I haven't listened to much other than the ones you mentioned. I'm not a huge anime fan. But this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, and that's the consensus.
  • Anime Pulse.:snicker snicker:
    You didn't even try to find one did you?
  • Are you sure?
    To be perfectly honest, I haven't listened to much other than the ones you mentioned. I'm not a huge anime fan. But this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, and that's the consensus.
    My apologies then good sir.
  • My apologies then good sir.
    Maybe I shouldn't have said "ad nauseum". I didn't mean to imply that your question wasn't welcome.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    There seriously must be another good one other than "The Big Three". I think someone should actually try and see if there is one that is on par with or close enough to where it could be considered exceptional. The Anime Airwave Axis has got to shatter sometime.
    Are you sure?
    When was the last time? If it's been more than a year, I don't think the consensus is valid anymore as time has passed and more podcasts have been made. Who knows, a good one may be out there, albeit a diamond in the rough.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I don't even know if Fast Karate should be considered an anime podcast. It's more of a "be funny about dumb shit" podcast, and anime just happens to make up a lot of that dumb shit.
  • The Anime Airwave Axis has got to shatter sometime.
    I don't think that's possible.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    The Anime Airwave Axis has got to shatter sometime.
    I don't think that's possible.
    That's what many probably said about the Axis powers back in WWII, but history has run it's course...to say the least.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited December 2009
    I don't even know if Fast Karate should be considered an anime podcast. It's more of a "be funny about dumb shit" podcast, and anime just happens to make up a lot of that dumb shit.
    It's true, the quality of any Fast Karate episode is inversely related to the dumbness of the source anime or game. That's why their episodes about He is My Master, Sister Princess, and Kanon are so great while their episodes about Big O and Five Centimeters Per Second are not the same kind of awesome.
    I'm looking for some new anime podcasts to try out. Are there anime podcast out there that you all like that are on par with Fast Karate for the Gentleman, Anime World Order and Geeknights ?
    I've got to put in a good word for several podcasts that at least discuss anime, while they may not be exclusively anime related.
    -R5 Central mixes radio drama with solid anime and tokusatsu reviews.
    -Destroy All Podcasts DX is a good podcast about movies, both live action and animation, western or eastern. My favorite episode of Destroy All Podcasts DX was the one where Jeremy, Clarissa from AWO, and Viga talked about Urusai Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer.
    -The Anime Counterpoint, while this has podfaded after only 10 episodes, I believe it was a good podcast which strayed from the conventional "news-review" format that most podcasts use. The format is more akin to an essay about one topic (for example, "Fanservice") and then the personalities use several different series as support for their statements. It is hosted by people who do "Abridged Series" parody videos on YouTube, which may or may not be to your comedic tastes.
    -Anime Today from RightStuf has some interesting interviews with industry luminaries (I recommend the ones with Helen McCarthy) and it is formatted in such a way that you can skip all the bullshit advertisements.
    -Anime News Network's ANNCast is very good and illuminating (I suggest the one called"The Life and Kime of Geneon, USA"). The two hosts know their stuff, but the show can be pretty depressing when they start being super cynical. That's all I can think of right now.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • ANNcast is good.
  • I agree with the ANNcast suggestions.
  • edited December 2009
    My favorite anime related moment from the otherwise non-anime Mega 64 podcast. (Eva spoiler)

edit: better clip, with more context
    Post edited by Koholint on
  • No.
    This.
    At least the quotient of signal to noise for anime podcasts is not as low as video game podcasts.*shudder* *shudder*
  • While it's not only anime related, listen to the Greatest Movie EVER! podcast. It's pretty good.
  • Has anyone ever even listen to a new episode of Anime Pulse. I know it was bad before, but it might have gotten better. I think I'll download the latest episode and listen to it to see if it got any better. Also, I won't queer my expectations as well as the quality of my findings by having any expectations at all.
  • Has anyone ever even listen to a new episode of Anime Pulse. I know it was bad before, but it might have gotten better. I think I'll download the latest episode and listen to it to see if it got any better. Also, I won't queer my expectations as well as the quality of my findings by having any expectations at all.
    Some of their episodes arn't that bad, and I still have hope for them becuase one of the hosts, Ichigo, was on Anime World Order (Ep. 11 or so). It was a pretty good episode. He actually had level-headed and informed opinions. He is clearly capable of excellent podcasting. Look for episodes that feature only Ichigo and Bato. Those are the best ones.
    Some of their episodes arn't that bad, and I still have hope for them becuase one of the hosts, Ichigo, was on Anime World Order (Ep. 11 or so). It was a pretty good episode. He actually had level-headed and informed opinions. He is clearly capable of excellent podcasting. Look for episodes that feature only Ichigo and Bato. Those are the best ones.
    I think you might wanna listen to this.
    I already have, but I used to really like their podcast. I eventually drifted away when I realized that Anime World Order and those other ones I mentioned are a lot better.
    I already have, but I used to really like their podcast. I eventually drifted away when I realized that Anime World Order and those other ones I mentioned are a lot better.
    Whom are you referring to when you say "their"?
    Whom are you referring to when you say "their"?
    Anime Pulse.
  • I see. Thank you for the clarification.
  • Anime pulse is fine for what it is. Personally I have lost interest in it. Though I'm enjoying Manga pulse more then the original show. Also if you just want anime news the anime nation podcast is pretty good for that since none of the anime shows really do that not that there is much going on. Here is the link if you're interested http://www.animenation.net/blog/
  • edited September 2010
    I listen to some in Japanese and Norwegian, but as far as English goes, the only good one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned, is Gundamn.
    http://gundamntheshow.mevio.com/#show-episodes
    If you're into Gundam, it's worth checking out
    Post edited by Aria on