This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Out of Print Classics

edited January 2010 in Anime
What are your favorite shows that are currently out of print in the U.S? Some of my favorite shows or movies were once released by Geneon, CPM or Manga. My personal list is as follows:

Haibane Renmei
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Serial Experiments Lain
Castle of Cagliostro
5 Centimeters Per Second (I understand that Bandai has licenced this, but I don't think that a DVD has come out yet. Someone tell me if it has!) I also realize that it was first licenced by ADV
Animation Runner Kuromi

Are you listening Funimation?

Comments

• There used to be a "Lupin III Megabox," from Geneon. It had all 155 episodes of Lupin III, part two. Brings a man-tear to my eye thinking about that not being printed anymore.
  • Tetsujin 28 (2004)
    Someone has to buy the rights from Astro Boy 2003 if we want to get a decent release.
    Change Getter Robo
    Arcadia of My Youth
  • I thought this thread would be about... like... I don't know... lifeguard certification or something.
  • I thought this thread would be about... like... I don't know... lifeguard certification or something.
    Yeah, the thread name doesn't make any sense...
  • Fumimation rescued FLCL. The box set that I bought two years ago for $25 now goes for $250. lolol
  • edited January 2010
    Fumimation rescued FLCL. The box set that I bought two years ago for $25 now goes for $250. lolol
    ...I just returned that same to a friend who had completely forgotten that I had it...

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That set is far too nice to sell.
  • That set is far too nice to sell.
    True, I'm just upset I returned it to someone who doesn't care about it...
  • edited January 2010
    That set is far too nice to sell.
    True, I'm just upset I returned it to someone who doesn't care about it...
    Take it back!
    That set is far too nice to sell.
    Everything has a price.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Why hasn't Trigun been rescued yet?
  • edited February 2010
    Why hasn't Trigun been rescued yet?
    Never mind.
    Post edited by Diagoras on