This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Karaoke Go-To Songs

edited January 2010 in Everything Else
I'm sure you all love Karaoke. In the right setting, it can be quite enjoyable! As a young Filipino male, I've been raised in a family (and culture) that has the tendency to bust out the karaoke machine during parties and gatherings. Still, I've come to notice that specific people tend to gravitate towards specific types of songs.

How about you guys? What are your Go-To karaoke songs?

Comments

• I'm mildly surprised that Sonic didn't beat you to making this thread.
  • edited January 2010
    80's power ballads... Thread over.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Does Rock Band count as karaoke? In that case, The Ballroom Blitz is a really fun song to sing.
  • I've never done karaoke, but I imagine Juke Box Hero and Eye of the Tiger would be sung until they threw me off of the stage.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm mildly surprised that Sonic didn't beat you to making this thread.
    Wha? Why's that?

Anyhow, My favorite karaoke songs are "Senorita" by Los Lonely Boys, "Maria Maria" by Santana, "Kokomo" by The Beach Boys, and "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top.

Oh, and of course damn near anything by Frank Sinatra.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • For me, it's "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond, "Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi, and anything by Journey.

Also, "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. That song is amazing in karaoke settings.
    Wha? Why's that?
    You spent the entirety of AX trying to get us to do karaoke.
  • Freebird.

Thread/

Or this.
  • I've been known to take on stupidly difficult songs, and play them for comic effect. It has been reported to me that my most impressive karaoke performance included an attempt at I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
  • Beat It, but spoken, and in a vaguely English accent.
  • Though I've never actually gone out for karaoke, I know that I'd go with Elton John. "Benny and the Jets" and "Levon" FTW.
  • I've only done karaoke a couple times, and only Billy Idol songs.
  • You spent the entirety of AX trying to get us to do karaoke.
    God, I would have loved that.
  • edited January 2010
    Juke Box Hero
    This and Bohemian Rhapsody (along with other people).

Oh, and GaoGaiGar. Don't forget about that one.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
    Wha? Why's that?
    You spent the entirety of AX trying to get us to do karaoke.
    Well that's 'cause it's a fun thing to do with a group. That's why there are all those karaoke parlors in k-town.
  • Any Queen
    Any Boston
    Any Bon Jovi
    Any Bowie

Go from there.
  • For me, it's "I'm Sailing Away" by Styx. Cartman version is also great. And when I want to make people crack up, "Painkiller" by Judas Priest as "sung" by James Lipton.
  • Anisongs:
    Fukai Mori (Inuyasha)
    The Real Folk Blues (Bebop)
    Ask DNA (Bebop)
    Duvet (Lain)

Japanese:
    Juku - Kami Hikouki
    Puffy - Ai no Shirushi
    L'Arc~en~Ciel
    Spitz

Western:
    Weezer
    Garbage
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Radiohead
    Gorillaz
    Greenday
  • I completely forgot about Space Oddity by David Bowie. That one is great to sing.
  • edited January 2010
    It's been so long since I karaoked, but I think I have more fun singing Sesame Steet versions of songs more than the originals, especially Born to Add.
    There's nothing better than a Boss-type singing about the successor function.
    Post edited by Frank on
  • I've only done karaoke once in my life, and I did "War" by Edwin Starr. Badly. Thankfully I was singing with 2 other people who could mask me.
  • I forgot about the time a friend dragged me and two other friends up to do "We Are the Champions". None of us really knew the song that well. Clusterfuck.
  • I don't have any go-tos that I can think of. I just look over the lists and sing what grabs me at the moment.