This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 100111 - CES Roundup

edited January 2010 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we discuss many things which occurred at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show. In the news, TWiT had crazy CES coverage, and some vendors got kicked out of their hotels.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    RE: Scotts call for sponsers.

Hey, I'm gonna be broadcasting the podcast at a college campus four times a week within the next month or so. That's the best sponsership I can currently offer as I am a poor college kid.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'll probably be starting a business when I move down LA way, I'd be happy to sponsor GN as finances permit.
  • As you were wondering about how the 3D glasses work: The shutter glasses are actually LCD based, turning black at the apropriate time, synced using an IR transmitter on the screen.
  • I'd also buy swag, if you had any, but it appears that you entirely lack a place from which to purchase said swag...
  • I'd also buy swag, if you had any, but it appears that you entirely lack a place from which to purchase said swag...
    All they have is a shell, with nothing in it.
  • edited January 2010
    All they have is a shell, with nothing in it.
    I know, Matt. I was attempting to Needle Rym about the lack of a store, remember how he even told us to give him shit about it?
    (Though, conveniently, this just fits in with what I'd do anyway)
    Post edited by Churba on
  • All they have is a shell, with nothing in it.
    I know, Matt. I was attempting to Needle Rym about the lack of a store, remember how he even told us to give him shit about it?
    (Though, conveniently, this just fits in with what I'd do anyway)
    He's not going to do it, might as well not ask anymore. Unless Scott does it and cleans up after Rym's absentmindedness and irresponsibility.
  • He's not going to do it, might as well not ask anymore. Unless Scott does it and cleans up after Rym's absentmindedness and irresponsibility.
    So? I'm still going to give him shit about it.
  • He's not going to do it, might as well not ask anymore. Unless Scott does it and cleans up after Rym's absentmindedness and irresponsibility.
    So? I'm still going to give him shit about it.
    Best thing to do.
  • Best thing to do.
    Well, right after cocaine off a hooker's ass, but it's close.
  • Best thing to do.
    Well, right after cocaine off a hooker's ass, but it's close.
    You've dealt with such things before?
  • edited January 2010
    You've dealt with such things before?
    Of course not! It was off her tits, that way, at least if I lose some into her cleavage, it's not that bad to get it back.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You've dealt with such things before?
    Of course not! It was off her tits, that way, at least if I lose some into her cleavage, it's not that bad to get it back.
    Better than off her waist where it can get in the belly button. Have you ever dealt with belly buttons? Not easy.
  • edited January 2010
    Gentlemen, gentlemen.

I believe we can all agree that the best location from which to insufflate a substance off of a lady's body is the small of the back.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited January 2010
    Gentlemen, gentlemen.

I believe we can all agree that thebestlocation from which to insufflate a substance off of a lady's body is the small of the back.
    Yes. Or the breasts. Their cushyness lends for a good place to pass out on.
    ^_^
    Post edited by Victor Frost on