This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Katsucon 16

Is anyone going to Katsucon this year?

Comments

• Ha!

Considering that whole departments quit the staff en masse a while ago, I don't trust the con to be well managed. GameKatsu was the best part of Katsucon, and they're gone.

For those of you who do go, I want to hear every detail. The new staff may well pull it off, but I'm highly, highly dubious.
  • edited January 2010
    I friend of mine will be a volunteer and will assist to the volunteer meetings. I will keep you guys updated.
    So far the only thing she has told me is that the schedule is kind of non-existent.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • So far the only thing she has told me is that the schedule is kind of non-existent.
    Really? It's January. They're fucked.
  • That's about what I thought, I guess I'll trek up to Albany for Genericon and hanging to Karl, Wyatt and Pete.
  • That's about what I thought, I guess I'll trek up to Albany for Genericon and hanging to Karl, Wyatt and Pete.
    Sweet! The con isn't so great*, but we can hang out and try to meet some cool locals. We could run a panel so we don't have to pay. Failing that. I say we drink till ours livers rise up in revolt.

*= It's a decent collage con. Nothing flashy.
  • Failing that. I say we drink till ours livers rise up in revolt.
    This, generally speaking, was my plan all along. I also have the Baccano box set, which is an excellent way to kill at 6 hours or so, possibly while also drinking.
  • Update: They are very close to finalize the schedule of events.
    Too little, too late. =P

If it were closer, I would go just to see what happens. I expect horrible crowd and line control.
    Too little, too late. =P

If it were closer, I would go just to see what happens. I expect horrible crowd and line control.
    It's about 10-20 miles from me and I really don't care to find out.
  • For those of you who do go, I want to hear every detail. The new staff may well pull it off, but I'm highly, highly dubious.
    Oh boy, you are gonna hear it from me.

They still didn't send any of the panelist anything saying if they're accepted or not. My co-panelist and I are very wary. The reason I'm still going is because, heck, why not go. I live in DC so it's close and I it's a chance to see some of my con friends. If this year doesn't go well, I will just take Katsucon of my con list.

In other news, some of the old awesome staff went to T-Mode and are building that up. I've been watching it closely and think it will be the victor between the cons.
  • some of the old awesome staff went to T-Mode and are building that up.
    Many of them also took up the Black with PAX East.