This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kindness of Your Day

edited January 2010 in Everything Else
This is a thread to share the nicest thing you did for someone else and/or the nicest thing someone else did for you in the day and/or a personally observed act of kindness/thoughtfulness/charity that you found note worthy (no matter how great or small that act may be). Let's celebrate/focus on the positive, people! ^_~

The nicest thing I did for someone else thus far was give them the better parking space in my work's full lot that is currently quite icy.
The nicest thing someone did for me thus far today was that Adam put together my lunch for me this morning. He is a darling!

Comments

• Every day I regularly talk to a depressed individual with extremely low self esteem and personal issues, and every day I make it a point to brighten his existence either through a kind gesture or by helping him make a personal breakthrough of some kind. It's tough having to deal with it every day but I enjoy nothing more than to see him become a better person day after day.
  • Yeah, Joe, sometimes posting on this forum can feel that way.
  • Today, as is the case with every work day, I protected the good citizens of New York from dangerous, dangerous pathogenic bacteria that are terrorizing their food. Think of me like Jack Bauer, except I work solely in the realm of spinach. And I don't yell as much.
  • Today, as is the case with every work day, I protected the good citizens of New York from dangerous, dangerous pathogenic bacteria that are terrorizing their food. Think of me like Jack Bauer, except I work solely in the realm of spinach. And I don't yell as much.
    But that is also being evil to the bacteria, to think that you also experiment on them, and keep them hostage in a cage against their will, change bacteria for any ethnicity or an animal and it would be cruelty.
    Yay! Pete! Thank you for keeping my food from killing me! I really appreciate that!
  • But that is also being evil to the bacteria, to think that you also experiment on them, and keep them hostage in a cage against their will, change bacteria for any ethnicity or an animal and it would be cruelty.
    Pfft. Bacteria aren't people. Just like Jews.
  • on sunday I brought my girlfriend back to school and helped her move back in (the drive from her house to there is about 200 miles).

today a brought my buddy to the bank. kinda stupid but I did it
  • We're adopting two kittens, tonight. I don't know what my housemate has named his, but after a brief discussion where my housmate said no, I could not name the cat "Chitinous horror" or "Cat" I settled for naming it "Chairman Mao", or "Mao" for short.
  • We're adopting two kittens, tonight. I don't know what my housemate has named his, but after a brief discussion where my housmate said no, I could not name the cat "Chitinous horror" or "Cat" I settled for naming it "Chairman Mao", or "Mao" for short.
    Pics, please.
  • I settled for naming it "Chairman Mao", or "Mao" for short.
    He best have a little kitten Red Army cap.
  • The Glorious Proclamation in Chairman Meow's Red Book shall lead us to a bountiful harvest of herring and catnip, and victory over the Capitalist Pig mice!

Chairman Meow is Our Salvation! Bright is the day he has brought us into!
  • Pics, please.
    Coming when they arrive at the house - housemate is out retrieving them from his friend's place as we speak.
    He best have a little kitten Red Army cap.
    Coming when I learn how to sew.
  • a bountiful harvest of herring and catnip
    HURRAY! HURRAY! HURRAY! Hail Chairman Meow! Crush the pig mice between your paws! HURRAY! HURRAY! HURRAY!
  • victory over the Capitalist Pig mice!
    We had mice in the house, but I caught them with some simple home-made topple traps, and then kept them fed and happy till the snow melted, and let them free in the local park, near the church. There was only two of them, Ninja and Little bastard, and they lived in a big old glass coffee pot next to my bed while we kept them.
  • Pfft. Bacteria aren't people.Just like Jews.
    Says the man with Salmonella framed on his wall.

I already answered on Facebook, but I will here again. Today Emily helped me to understand formatting stuff that I don't get because I am stupidanimator. It was very nice of her. :)
  • Says the man with Salmonella framed on his wall.
    What's wrong with that? That's like framing a deer's head to your wall. Doesn't make it human. Heaven forbid, that would make it only worse. Ever seen a human head on a hunting plague?
  • Today I spent four hours teaching little kids sit still, pay attention, and work together (in the guise of a TKD class).
  • I did not destroy anyone at work today. Take it as a kindness. There was cause to do otherwise, but no, my wrath was subdued.
  • But that is also being evil to the bacteria, to think that you also experiment on them, and keep them hostage in a cage against their will, change bacteria for any ethnicity or an animal and it would be cruelty.
    Pfft. Bacteria aren't people.Just like Jews.
    I lol'ed.
  • Showed an anime fan the DAICON animations for the first time. He told me he felt like a richer anime fan having seen those and knowing what a couple of nerds can do in their basement with a little elbow grease.
  • Letting someone down kindly. Or so I hope. This might move over into the Fail thread later, depending on the reaction.
  • Okay, that went well. I guess.
  • What's wrong with that? That's like framing a deer's head to your wall. Doesn't make it human. Heaven forbid, that would make it only worse. Ever seen a human head on a hunting plague?
    It's a painting of Salmonella, but I suppose you could have a painting of a mounted deer head on the wall too. Or a painting of Jews.
  • It's a painting of Salmonella
    Way to go, Rym. Personally, I was really hoping it was a salmonella culture on the wall, like some sort of trophy.
  • +1 for using a proper SEM of a Lactobacillus culture.
    :<

Fuck it, I'll just keep picturing TheWhaleShark to just have a bad-ass salmonella culture on the wall. IT'S THE SPECIAL STRAIN CALLED GARMONELLA! IN A GLASS CASE WITH THE WORDS "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK GLASS" WRITTEN ON IT. AND WHEN SUCH AN EMERGENCY OCCURS, HE'LL BREAK THE GLASS AND THE GARMONELLA WILL GIVE HIM SUPERPOWERS AND A BAD-ASS LAB COAT. IT'S A WHITE LAB COAT, ONLY BAD-ASS! THIS IS POSSIBLE BECAUSE IT'S MY IMAGINATION. FUCK YES!
  • Adam is investigating volunteer opportunities for education and arts programs in the Albany area. There are some really great programs out there and I know Adam will be a great help to any organization he commits to.
  • Fuck it, I'll just keep picturing TheWhaleShark to just have a bad-ass salmonella culture on the wall. IT'S THE SPECIAL STRAIN CALLED GARMONELLA! IN A GLASS CASE WITH THE WORDS "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, BREAK GLASS" WRITTEN ON IT. AND WHEN SUCH AN EMERGENCY OCCURS, HE'LL BREAK THE GLASS AND THE GARMONELLA WILL GIVE HIM SUPERPOWERS AND A BAD-ASS LAB COAT. IT'S A WHITE LAB COAT, ONLY BAD-ASS! THIS IS POSSIBLE BECAUSE IT'S MY IMAGINATION. FUCK YES!
    That works for me.