This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your Ladder Theory is Crap

12346»

Comments

• However, I will say that Story Time with Wyatt is always entertaining.
    Is it bad that I want Wyatt to lower his standards just so I have better stories to hear?
  • However, I will say that Story Time with Wyatt is always entertaining.
    Is it bad that I want Wyatt to lower his standards just so I have better stories to hear?
    I am not sure he has any standards at this point. :P
  • I am not sure he has any standards at this point. :P
    1. Breathing (mostly).
    2. Female.
  • 1. Breathing (mostly).
    2. Female.
    Those standards can easily be remedied with some help from the internet.
  • edited March 2010
    HOW DARE YOU!?!?! I have standards! I just forgot where I put them. :P

What's wrong with meeting someone new and see what they're like? I give women a chance to prove they're as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside. Also, fucking nuts. I don't want to hear about your crazy vampire drug rave, or how you want to tie me to your bed and hit me with a riding crop. I JUST MET YOU! It's not like I'm sleeping with all of them or dumb enough to ever see them in public again. It just so happens that some of the girls I've meet have a black snaggel tooth and smell like cigarettes, dog, cat, unwashed WoW Fangirl, and maybe a ferrite (ferret). I wasn't entirely sure. Regardless, I'm willing to go that extra mile for you people, and I hope you damn well appreciate it.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • edited March 2010
    ...maybe a ferrite. I wasn't entirely sure.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited March 2010
    What's wrong with meeting someone new and see what they're like? I give women a chance to prove they're as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside.
    Yeah, see, that's the problem. I used to have the philosophy that everyone who asked me out should at least get a chance. Then I discovered that no, no they really shouldn't. You see, it's really just cruel to go out with someone you don't even feel a spark of attraction to. To both you and them. Of course, if you're a masochistic asshole, by all means, continue. ;)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • You shouldn't judge a book by the cover.

Oh wait, yes you should. 99% of the time, the cover judgment is correct. For that other 1% of the time where the cover is wrong, let it correct itself sometime down the line. It's not the end of the world.

Oh wait, yes you should. 99% of the time, the cover judgment is correct. For that other 1% of the time where the cover is wrong, let it correct itself sometime down the line. It's not the end of the world.
    Keep in mind that the spark of attraction does not have to be from looks only. After talking to a person for 5 minutes, you should have a pretty good idea of whether they are reasonably intelligent. If they are worth dating, then they are worth hanging out with first to see if they are worth dating.

So maybe don't judge it by the picture on its cover...but after you read the synopsis on the back that tells you the basic premise, feel free.
  • edited March 2010
    So maybe don't judge it by the picture on its cover...but after you read the synopsis on the back that tells you the basic premise, feel free.
    The back cover is still the cover. The inside of the cover is also the cover. And also dust jackets.
    Post edited by Apreche on

Scott Rubin is Lucky we didn't judge his book by the cover :-p
  • Scott Rubin is Lucky we didn't judge his book by the cover :-p
    I dunno, Scott is pretty upfront and honest. I think he gives you a reasonably true impression of himself right off the bat, except that he may be a little more quiet around people he has just met. The thing is, we read the book and forgive it for certain narrative flaws.
  • edited March 2010
    I dunno, Scott is pretty upfront and honest. I think he gives you a reasonably true impression of himself right off the bat, except that he may be a little more quiet around people he has just met. The thing is, we read the book and forgive it for certain narrative flaws.
    Hey Scott Rubin is one of my best friends, I'm just saying he said "You should judge a book by it's cover" and I know Scott Rubin does not make good first impressions. I can't begin to count the number of times I have to say "Rubin doesn't hate you" to people in the past (it hasn't happened much recently because not many new people have been around)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • "Rubin doesn't hate you"
    Yes he does.
  • Yes he does.
    Only if your cover sucks.

Curse you Dragon Heeeeat!
  • Yes he does.
    When did you become so superficial?

Dear ugly people,
    Scott Ruben doesn't like your cover! Start being less ugly or switch your format! A little re-branding couldn't hurt either.
    -MGMT
    PS: WyWy still loves ya'! ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Yes he does.
    When did you become so superficial?

Dear ugly people, stupid looking/acting people.
    Scott Ruben doesn't like your cover! Start being less ugly stupid or switch your format! A little re-branding couldn't hurt either.
    -MGMT
    PS: WyWy still loves ya'! ;)
    I think it's more like that
    Post edited by MrRoboto on