This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

International Juggler 2009

edited January 2010 in Everything Else
I thought you guys might like to see my year-long video project from 2009:
XJF4DeRb218
I put a lot of time and work into this video, and I'd love you to share it around.

Comments

• I thought you guys might like to see my year-long video project from 2009:
    I think this is pretty much the best evidence in favor of our argument that high school guidance counselors don't know jack shit.

Go to university and learn incredibly advanced computer science and sit at a desk all day.

Practice juggling, travel the world and make awesome videos!
  • ***Head explodes***
  • *second clip, ball falls in the water* Oh god, this reminds me of our dog. Long story short, house at the water, dog has heavy chewing ball, lies on deck outside. Let's go of ball, ball starts rolling, dog stays put staring. Ball falls over ledge into the water. Dog stands up, wanders over to ledge and looks down. The ball being heavy, it had sunk like a brick and had probably dug itself deep into the loose, gross, mud on the bottom. Dog turns head at us and we all go "D'awwwww".

*Oranjestad, Aruba clip* That looks awesome with the orange setting sun. (oranje = orange in Dutch for those who don't know)

OH GOD BIG ROCK, OH GOD GIANT ICE CUBE JUGGLING, OH GOD DEAD SEA FLOATAN' JUGGLING, OH GOD SLIDING DOWN AFTER JUGGLING, OH GOD FAKE ALLEY JUGGLING, OH GO-
    ***Head explodes***
    Forwarding time.
  • Very awesome video! Love the wide scenic shots, especially the one in Boaño.
  • Getting the shot in Boano scared the life out of me. I'm not a guy to suffer from vertigo, but that bit of rock sticking out wasn't flat, and it had a hole in the middle of it. The wind was blowing too. I first sat down and juggled, but then the wind stopped for a moment. Also, standing that high is fine if you can see the horizon, as you have a point of reference. But then to juggle 5 balls you need to look up, and suddenly all I could see was open sky. That really fucks with your sense of balance.

It was a long way down. If I'd dropped the balls they would have been lost too.

This is the same place:

• Goddammit, Luke. Why do you have to be so much cooler than the rest of us? The video rocked, I lol'd at the Zanzibar and Cape Horn parts. This should really be on the YouTube front page.
  • Maybe there is a real international juggler, but this person in our forums is stealing his identity.

I mean, how trivial would it be for me to make a forum account. Then I find a Flickr and Youtube account of some awesome person. Then I just pretend to be that person, and keep linking their Flickr and YouTube pretending I'm them. It would be trivial to do, and would totally work.
  • Maybe there is a real international juggler, but this person in our forums is stealing his identity.

I mean, how trivial would it be for me to make a forum account. Then I find a Flickr and Youtube account of some awesome person. Then I just pretend to be that person, and keep linking their Flickr and YouTube pretending I'm them. It would be trivial to do, and would totally work.
    What benefit would someone get from that?

Geekchat voice is the same as in his video blogs.
    edited January 2010
    Maybe there is a real international juggler, but this person in our forums is stealing his identity.

You forgot the imposter would have to be able to impersonate voice too... as Roboto already pointed out, damnit. SEVEN SECONDS, DARN YOU!
    Post edited by ... on
  • He also has a twin brother. Maybe his brother is impersonating him!
  • He also has a twin brother. Maybe his brother is impersonating him!
    Maybe he has no twin, and is indeed saving up his identical twin for the one day he may have to get away with murder.
  • Here's a video I can proudly forward to a bunch of people I know. ^_^
  • I'm saving up my twin for spare body parts when he's laying in a coma and I need a new kidney.
  • Here's a video I can proudly forward to a bunch of people I know. ^_^
    Oh yeah, I'd like that. I don't know how to get a video on any front page of anything, but I guess the more people who see it the more chance it has to do things like that.
  • Video tweeted and facebook'ed. :)
  • I'm also going to jump on the forwarding bandwagon, this is just too awesome not to share.
  • I just got a call from my old local newspaper and did a phone interview. I guess it'll be a "local boy comes good" story.

Also, I submitted it to Digg: http://digg.com/d31GQmL
  • Holy cow man! This is absolutely amazing! I do admit to laughing at the beginning when you lost the ball on the boat, though.
    *Forwarded all over the place*
    Nice job! I kinda wanna learn how to juggle now...
  • I guess I made the local news. But the bastards seem to be hosting the video themselves, something I specifically asked them not to do. I want people to see the original on youtube.
  • I guess I made thelocal news. But the bastards seem to be hosting the video themselves, something I specifically asked them not to do. I want people to see the original on youtube.
    That's awesome. At least it's publicity. I posted your stuff to my Facebook.
  • I have forwarded that one video to 150+ friends of mine.
  • You really have that many people you'd call friends?
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    ave that many people you'd call friends?
    I've met and know a lot of people. This includes old friends from old schools, people I meet everyday, forumites, family friends, and family.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • That's awesome work, Luke!
  • Hi Thaed, I'm glad you like the video. And it's good that you've shown your face around here again.
  • Wow, that was lovely! I will pass it on.
  • Fantastic! You've juggled in countries I've never even heard of. I also really like the song.
  • Heh, I've been to your hometown, I found it quite nice, though I was admittedly there for only a short time.
  • You're a pretty awesome dude, Luke.