This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

10 hour multiplayer?!

edited August 2006 in Video Games
Was reading this little article over at Joystiq, and goddamn does Crysis sound like it's going to be an awesome game. I mean just from what you could do in the single player sounded good enough. But this power struggle multiplayer match type sounds ridiculous, especially with matchs lasting 10 hours. That's nuts.

I can't see ever playing for 10 hours straight, outside a LAN party type situation, but that's still really damn cool.

Comments

• On paper this seems really cool, especially for a LAN party type setting. However, I question what percentage of those 10 hours you will spend doing meaningful, interesting or exciting activities. I forsee that most of the time spent playing that game you will be sitting still, hiding or moving straight forward. In order to make this work they have to have some sort of new interesting gameplay elements.
  • Very true, but it seems to me that the length of the game will likely be dictacted by the game settings. Perhaps altering certin settings make the game 10 hours, or could make it 30 minutes.

But even in those 10 hours it seems like unless you're involved in building stuff your going to be either trying to find the alien fuel/technology stuff, or guarding a base. I'm sure there will be crazy fire fights when people try to take the small outposts too. But, yeah, it really depends on how the gameplay mechanic is in the game, whether it'll be really worth it or not.
  • They only thing I ever devote a 10 hour block of time to is sleep.