This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Black and White

Comments

• There's no other animals than pokemon in the world of pokemon.
    Lion tamers are mentioned in the anime, normal fish swim in the aquariums of the Cerulean Gym. Later seasons replace more and more things with pokemon, giving credit to the Comatose theory. I also see no problem with eating fearow instead of chicken.
  • edited January 2010
    It's called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Applying it to the main game just sounds retarded. Are you seriously willing to spend time in the PC Box? Are you?
    Pokemon mystery dungeon is still turn-based, I'm talking about something that is not. Probably more like a fighting game.
    They made that, it's called Pokemon Rumble.
    This.
    xD
    And I guess I'm out of ideas....
    You are blowing my mind here.
    How about this. There's no other animals than pokemon in the world of pokemon. People in just about all the pokemon media(outside of the games) are seen eating meat. Where, praytell, does this meat come from?
    It's all specially designed tofu. Didn't you know?
    Post edited by Sixthpence on
  • Well, I'm sure Farfetch'd is eaten in a thanksgiving like holiday, if I recall from the series.
  • Nine, by Comatose theory, are you talking about that crazy guy who equates Pokemon with Evangelion and thinks that the entire anime series is a delusion of Ash's? Or is it something else?
  • edited January 2010
    Nine, by Comatose theory, are you talking about that crazy guy who equates Pokemon with Evangelion and thinks that the entire anime series is a delusion of Ash's? Or is it something else?
    I don't remember it being equated with Eva, but the theory states that the series is indeed a delusion of Ash's. Read here.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Nine, by Comatose theory, are you talking about that crazy guy who equates Pokemon with Evangelion and thinks that the entire anime series is a delusion of Ash's? Or is it something else?
    Yes, that one. Also it's not a crazy guy and the comparison to Evangelion is a single line joke made by others who host the transcript in their introduction to the original theory, because it's quite DEEP.
    Yes, that one. Also it's not a crazy guy and the comparison to Evangelion is a single line joke made by others who host the transcript in their introduction to the original theory, because it's quite DERP.
  • it's quite DERP.
    My mind has officially been blown.
  • it's quite DERP.
    That correction... doesn't really change anything, other than ruin the joke. :(
  • That's the brilliance of it!
    But you're not allowed to correct people anymore! Or something like that.
    You're not allowed to do it in a mean-spirited, grammar nazi, moderator-esque way. Editing someone's post for humor (or lack thereof) is still okay, as far as I can tell.
    You're not allowed to do it in a mean-spirited, grammar nazi, moderator-esque way. Editing someone's post for humor (or lack thereof) is still okay, as far as I can tell.
    Damn. That means Nine and I can't correct anyone, because we're always mean-spirited.
    Damn. That means Nine and I can't correct anyone, because we'realwaysmean-spirited.
    Oh well. Better luck next time.
    Damn. That means Nine and I can't correct anyone, because we'realwaysmean-spirited.
    Maybe we should change that?
    edited January 2010
    Damn. That means Nine and I can't correct anyone, because we're always mean-spirited.
    I contest that. The word 'always' is unfitting. It indicates a period of time that's too short to describe the duration of my mean-spiritedness.
    Editing someone's post for humor (or lack thereof) is still okay, as far as I can tell.
    You ruined it! Why? What did I ever do to you other than being mean? Seriously. That was just uncalled for. Like totally unnecessary. I could argue it was even mean to interrupt Cheese and I. We were having a good time, right Cheese? If not, I'll have to give him another good time, but I don't know if I can satisfy his needs then. ;3
    Maybe we should change that?
    That's the most horrendously, horrible, heinous idea I've ever heard. Good thing I read it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    <3</p>
    @?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited January 2010
    Speaking of crazy theories, I came up with one for Cross Game just now.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I guess I was just remembering the "crazy" part wrong. "Had too much free time and an unhealthy fixation on pokemon philosophy" might be better for the guy who came up with that theory. The "crazy" probably came from the inappropriate enthusiasm of the guy introducing it.
  • Growlithe/arcanine are very wolfy.
  • Growlithe and Arcanine are based on puppies and the Fu Dog/Shiisa/Guardian lion-dog statues often seen outside of important places. They are super cool, and I love dogs, but they are definitely doggies and not wolves.
  • but they are definitely doggies and not wolves.
    I don't really see it.
  • They should just reboot the whole thing and center more in puzzle solving than just farming for pokemon also:
    -You should have your pokedex act as the transfer PC as well, so you can have access to all your pokemon everywhere outside battle.
    -Faster leveling.
    -Healing while not in use.
    -No HM's just items as nine stated, or all abilities are also available on the map screen as stated by Scott.
    -Instant travel from visited town to visited town.
    -Fast run through already cleared dungeons.
    -GOOD INTERNET PLAY and Co-Op Puzzles.
    -Less pokemons but better planned ones.
    -No breeding BS.
  • Breeding is fun on a surface level, but if you're doing it to get good IVs, it's a pain in the ass. I would like them to tweak the system in some way to make it so that it doesn't require so much grinding to get a Pokemon with decent IVs. Maybe instead of it being mostly luck of the draw, we could instead have it be so that every next generation is stronger than the last, or something.

I'd also like to see a little more done with contests, to be honest. Like, you actually fight another pokemon with your standard set of attacks, but you have to do certain things with your stylus to make the attacks attractive enough. Pokemon could really do with utilizing the stylus technology more, and that's a possibility.
  • I actually like the idea of breeding, but the problem I have with it is that when I actually get to the point in which breeding is a possibility, I already have a strong team. No matter how many awesome abilities they have from birth, I don't want to start raising any more new Pokemon. If leveling was done faster, I might actually do this.

Of course, I hatched a Riolu egg (not the one you get from Riley, but a brand new one) and it already has some bad-ass moves. I'm going to trade him to Soul Silver and raise him from the beginning of the game.
  • They will autolevel Pokemon for wifi battles but not for local ones. I still don't understand what's up with that.
  • -Instant travel from visited town to visited town.
    Fly. Though I guess that is an HM, which is one of the things that you want to see removed, so...
    I'd also like to see a little more done with contests, to be honest.
    From what I understsand, HeartGold/SoulSilver will be introducing this event called the Pokethlon, which is like a new sort of contest where you pick a team of Pokemon to compete in a variety of mini-games. It looks pretty fun.

I picked up shiny Pichu. It's level 30, male, and has Volt Tackle and Endeavor as special moves- but that information is all over the internet already anyways, so you probably already know this.