This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Black and White

Comments

• There probably won't be slot machines in this game because they got censored in HGSS. I'm ok with this because the game corner is garbage.
    ...really? Why'd it get censored?!
  • ...really? Why'd it get censored?!
    Gambling is considered inappropriate for kids by some. I was playing poker for popcorn at the age of ten, so I don't really get it, but there you go.
  • There probably won't be slot machines in this game because they got censored in HGSS.
    HUH.

That's retarded. Besides, the games make it clear that the gaming centers are run by Team Rocket. That screams "GAMBLING IS BAD" enough already.
    edited February 2010
    That's retarded. Besides, the games make it clear that the gaming centers are run by Team Rocket. That screams "GAMBLING IS BAD" enough already.
    This is true. The more important question is, why only now? After 14 years they think about this?

It's replaced with supposedly some minesweeper-like game, with voltorbs. I however don't see how that censors any gambling though. You still bet and win coins afaik, and it's still random.
    Post edited by ... on
  • "Owns male genitalia" Huh?

I hope that you are referring to your own, otherwise that would be just weird and scary. Wouldn't you say "possesses" in that case? I never say that I "own" my stomach.
    If you are trying to convey that you are a self-identified masculine gendered person, that might not be the best choice of words to get that across. You might be intersex, born with ambiguous genitalia, a chromosomal female from birth. Why don't you just write "MAN!!!" or something?
  • "Owns male genitalia" Huh?
    He keeps them in a jar on his desk. He sometimes takes them out to make candle molds, and when they go bad, he throws them at passers by.
  • he throws them at passers by.
    I was absolutely certain that he cooks them up and gives them to the homeless.
    edited February 2010
    I hope that you are referring to your own, otherwise that would be just weird and scary. Wouldn't you say "possesses" in that case? I never say that I "own" my stomach.
    If you are trying to convey that you are a self-identified masculine gendered person, that might not be the best choice of words to get that across. You might be intersex, born with ambiguous genitalia, a chromosomal female from birth. Why don't you just write "MAN!!!" or something?
    No, no, no. None of that, you're reading it entirely wrong. You know Dr. Tran just gives out hot dickings, right? I supply the dickings to him to give out. It's quite the lucrative business model since I get cameos in his films.

Anyways, back to pogeymanz. They've released the names, Ethan, Lyra, the rocket executives have lost their rocket-based names. If Red is called Ash I'm going to kill someone.
    Post edited by ... on
  • The only name I don't like is Proton because that is a robot's name.
  • I don't think they will rename Red to Ash and Blue to Gary. If they were going to do that, they would've done it in the original GSC.

Ethan is meh and I wish they would've just called him "Gold," but since his character didn't exist at all in the original games so I'm willing to let this one go. Lyra's cool, but I would've preferred it if she'd been named "Maria" because come on, she is so obviously based on Mario. The Rocket executives are all right.
  • Ethan is meh
    Whatever, Ethan is an awesome name. Any person who would ever have that name has to be awesome. <----
    2nd urban dictinary result: known for his good looks,whitty charm, and having a much larger penis than Colin.
  • Alright, first silhouette of a New Pokemon!

So, absolutely brand new Pokemon are confirmed. This is definitely going to be a Generation V.
  • My first thought was a Lucario evolution, since they appear to have similar body shapes and it looks vaguely canine in appearance. But I don't think they'll be related. Lucario doesn't really need an evolution anyways, no less one that'll be featured prominently in an upcoming movie.
  • So, absolutely brand new Pokemon are confirmed. This is definitely going to be a Generation V.
    We already knew this from the start. They said there would be new pokemon, they announced that a new one would be revealed on some show. It also looks horrendous.
  • We already knew this from the start. They said there would be new pokemon, they announced that a new one would be revealed on some show. It also looks horrendous.
    They said the same thing when Platinum was being released. We ended up just getting the Rotom Formes. Then again, this could also be a Lucario Forme, though I doubt it.
  • I have been contemplating whether or not I want to get into Pokemon again. I've only played Yellow and Crystal, back in the day. I enjoy leveling up your Pokemon and battling, but I don't think I can get into breeding. It reminds me of trying to get hybrid flowers on Animal Crossing. I simply do not have to time nor desire to commit to such a thing.

It also seems so complicated. I just want to play and battle. Any suggestions for a poke-noob? Thanks.
  • but I don't think I can get into breeding.
    Not mandatory. You can just ignore that stuff.
    It also seems so complicated. I just want to play and battle. Any suggestions for a poke-noob? Thanks.
    Realize that it's MUCH EASIER on the physical/special side. You no longer have to remember that Ghost type attacks are physical and that Lick is the only Super Effective ghost attack in first gen. Also, hate entry hazards, they suck and ruin the metagame since every team now either dies, or has to have a rapid spinner.

If you just want to play battles without grinding for levels or through the boring main game, you could just try Shoddy Battle, a program for windows that allows you to battle against other players on a server. Though it'll have the metagame bullshit too.
  • Ro, playing in-game is a lot simpler than competitive battling. If you wanna keep things simple, just play the game and battle your friends. You'll learn type advantages and stuff as you play.

Omg I am hoping that new pokemon is a wolf thing.
  • edited February 2010
    If you just want to play battles without grinding for levels or through the boring main game, you could just try Shoddy Battle, a program for windows that allows you to battle against other players on a server. Though it'll have the metagame bullshit too.
    Well I do enjoy exploration and leveling your Pokemon. I don't mind some of that grindy stuff.

Now, I just need to pick a game to start back up again.

Edit: Thanks, Loltsundere. I'll probably do that, even though most of my friends don't play it.

I also like Mr. Roboto's ideas on improving the game. I would probably become a Poke-maniac again if this were to happen.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Just play the RPG and stop playing after you beat it. Then it's basically like Earthbound, but with a monster team.
  • If you want to play Pokemon again, I would just wait for Heart Gold/Soul Silver to be released.
  • If you want to play Pokemon again, I would just wait for Heart Gold/Soul Silver to be released.
    March 14, eh? I can wait that long. By that time, I should have Bowser's Inside Story completed.
    ust play the RPG and stop playing after you beat it.
    I will have to look into that as well.
  • Then again, if we all agree to battle with teams that we just use to run through the game, battling should be fun.
  • edited February 2010
    Just play the RPG and stop playing after you beat it.
    With HG/SS, the Pokeathlon they added instead of just having the completly broken and un-fun Super Contests should add some post-story content that will actually be fun.
    I will have to look into that as well.
    You should. When I play Platinum now, I basically only take on the Battle Frontier. I had a brief stint in which I was farming berries, but I quickly realized how stupid an idea that was.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Now, I just need to pick a game to start back up again.
    Definitely Heartgold or Soulsilver.
    Then again, if we all agree to battle with teams that we just use to run through the game, battling should be fun.
    You can't have a dozen pokemon on your team.
  • Then again, if we all agree to battle with teams that we just use to run through the game, battling should be fun.
    Or we can do something like, all Pokemon must be exactly level 10 or 15. That gives enough levels to have interesting abilities, but few enough levels to make the battle interesting in that there probably won't be a lot of one hit kills. Of course, everyone will still be pumping up their Pokemon on performance enhancing pills, but that's always going to happen.
  • Can the level of a Pokemon be adjusted downwards? (Yeah, I don't know shit about Pokemon games).
  • Just play the RPG and stop playing after you beat it.
    With HG/SS, the Pokeathlon they added instead of just having the completly broken and un-fun Super Contests should add some post-story content that will actually be fun.
    Not to mention that HG/SS will have a shit ton of legendary-based sidequests and other goodies when you transfer special Pokemon over. I'm particularly looking forward to meeting Giovanni.
  • Or we can do something like, all Pokemon must be exactly level 10 or 15.
    At 10 or 15, most Pokemon who evolve haven't even done so at that point. Those levels are far too low. There is a way that you can have a set level during multiplayer battles and the game actually decreases the stats to that level.