This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• For the love money. Hell yes.
  • Well, if they're going to make it a series of minis by a bunch of different writers, I could see some of these being good. Imagine what Neil Gaiman's Watchmen would be like.
  • For there to be any story at all to tell, I guess they'd have to go back to before the events of the original book -- that wouldn't necessarily be bad. If it's a genuine sequel, I can't see how it could be anything but awful. But whatever -- I couldn't care less that they're doing it. I almost certainly won't read it, and the original book is still there, unchanged. It's a crass money-grab, but that's surely nothing new in comics.
  • I am against this. The story is finished and should stay that way. In other words:
    What.
  • Please, just no.
  • Please, just no.
  • Please, just no.
  • This is a lie.
  • This is a lie.
    [Easy Portal reference joke]
  • This is a lie.
    [Link to Jonathan Coulton playing Still Alive at PAX]
  • edited February 2010
    This is a lie.
    [Link to Jonathan Coulton playingStill Aliveat PAX]
    [Tangentially related comment that has nothing sensible to do with the thread topic.]
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2010
    This is a lie.
    [Tangentially related comment that has nothing sensible to do with the thread topic.]
    [Forced and untimely attempt at another Portal joke.]
    Post edited by Sail on
  • This is a lie.
    [Insult]
  • [Insult]
    [Retort]
  • edited February 2010
    [Condemnation of the pointless shit people are spewing all over this thread, and an expression of confusion and apprehension at the possibility of a Watchmen sequel]
    Post edited by Walker on
    edited February 2010
    This is a lie.
    [Insult]
    [Retort]
    [Statement that somebody else has done this already]
    [Secondary statement about how predictable you are]
    [Second insult]

[EDIT]
    [Condemnation of the pointless shit people are spewing all over this thread, and an expression of confusion and apprehension at the possibility of a Watchmen sequel]
    [36 seconds of hatred in regards to quoted poster]
    Post edited by ... on
  • [c-c-c-c-combo breaker image]
  • [neck punch]
  • The problem with making a sequel to Watchmen is that the comic ends with a utopia, that really doesn't leave any wiggle room for a sequel. I guess they could do a prequel, but they already tried that with Watchmen: the End is Nigh. That really didn't end well.
  • The problem with making a sequel to Watchmen is that the comic ends with a utopia, that really doesn't leave any wiggle room for a sequel.
    Unless you're being sarcastic, I suspect you didn't get Watchmen. Utopia my arse.