This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Watchmen 2

2»

Comments

• The problem with making a sequel to Watchmen is that the comic ends with a utopia, that really doesn't leave any wiggle room for a sequel.
    Unless you're being sarcastic, I suspect you didn'tgetWatchmen. Utopia my arse.
    I would really like to see the world after Watchmen. I liked that Rorschach had the last laugh :P
    Never compromise, not even at the face of armageddon!
  • Just make Saturday Morning Watchmen a real thing.
    I'd non ironically would watch that. Just for the horrible 80s cartoon cliches.
    I'd non ironically would watch that. Just for the horrible 80s cartoon cliches.
    That would actually be awesome, and I'm sure Dave Gibbons would be all about that since he stated that he loved the parody.
  • If it were Saturday Morning Watchmen I would be okay with it. But since we already got that prequel video game, it'll probably be a more traditional sequel, and then I don't even know what to think.

Also:
    What.
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
  • Wow, I was just talking with my colleagues at the legal career fair about how in order for the international community to get anything done (vis a vis Copenhagen) we need aliens to invade. Surprisingly, there was a consensus that this is, indeed, what needs to happen.
  • Wow, I was just talking with my colleagues at the legal career fair about how in order for the international community to get anything done (vis a vis Copenhagen) we need aliens to invade. Surprisingly, there was a consensus that this is, indeed, what needs to happen.
    Nothing unites a group of people quite like wanting to screw over another group.
    Aliens don't even need to invade. There just needs to be a real threat of aliens.

Story of Super Dimension Fortress Macross:

1999 - Spaceship crash-lands on earth. Over the next ten years U.N. Spacy reverse engineers and rebuilds the ship. During that same time there are the unification wars which result in the global unification under the U.N.. Not until 2009, on the day the ship relaunches and world peace has already been achieved, do aliens appear.
  • I suspect it will pick up with Rorschach's journal being discovered. If I were forced to write the sequel myself, I might look at how far would the "heroes" compromise to cover Adrian's tracks. They would start of as "good guys" and end up as villains.
  • I suspect it will pick up with Rorschach's journal being discovered. If Iwere forcedto write the sequel myself, I might look at how far would the "heroes" compromise to cover Adrian's tracks. They would start of as "good guys" and end up as villains.
    Yes, this could be a great movie. However, given the choices made in the first Watchmen movie, my expectations are low.
  • I suspect it will pick up with Rorschach's journal being discovered. If Iwere forcedto write the sequel myself, I might look at how far would the "heroes" compromise to cover Adrian's tracks. They would start of as "good guys" and end up as villains.
    That could actually be good. Shame that your idea probably wouldn't be what the story actually is.
    Yes, thiscouldbe a great movie. However, given the choices made in the first Watchmen movie, my expectations are low.
    They're not talking about a new movie, but rather a new comic.
  • They're not talking about a new movie, but rather a new comic.
    Oh! Why the fuck would they do that?
  • Nothing unites a group of people quite like wanting to screw over another group.
    It is much easier for a group to define what it is not than what it is.
  • Oh! Why the fuck would they do that?
    So they can sell a ton of copies to curious fans and create more buzz for the IP.
    So they can milk it for all it's worth?
    To give everyone an excuse to piss on Eisner's grave after they've put Moore in the nuthouse?
    Because they can.
  • Oh god. Oh god no. Far as I can tell, there are three main possibilities here:

1. Actual sequel that takes place after the events of Watchmen. I don't even want to think about that option.

2. Serialized a-typical superhero story taking place around the peak of the Minutemen. I wouldn't mind this so much. It'd just be a standard crap Marvel/DC thing, only with the Watchmen characters.

3. Two words. Cross-universe action. If this happens, kill me where I stand.
  • 3. Two words. Cross-universe action. If this happens, kill me where I stand.
    Name your poison...