This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Recent "I'm so cool" moments

I recently had a feeling of awesomeness partly due to, whilst remembering, and definitely during these instances:
  1. I told my boss that I needed a copy of windows 7 to learn about virtualization. A personal thanks to "Network World" for the tip on asking the boss for educational moneys.
  2. I coded a fast and clean internal phone directory to be used by almost every individual in the company that I work at.
  3. While listening to Geek Nights at work I noticed my coworkers listening intently, entrenched in thought.
  4. For a project in my "New Media" class, I devised a method to take time-lapse photos and turn them into a stop motion animation. Simplifying the projected work to merely pressing a button every few seconds.
  5. Skateboarding in the winter!

Comments

• 1) I delivered a presentation on Memetics to my Technical communications class.
    2) I got my hands on a copy of Feynmanns lectures and am reading it voraciously.
    3) I get to go to a decent University where I am on good terms with the Physics professors.
    These aren't really "I'm so awesome," bit they are things that make me feel good.
  • The first 2 are new to me but it all sounds quite awesome. You get the point of the discussion too. What university, if you care to share?
  • I changed my username to involve dicks.
  • I posted a demotivator in response to a failed troll attempt. Me king of internets.
  • I posted a demotivator in response to a failed troll attempt. Me king of internets.
    Oh, that explains your retardation. You think I was trolling. That word doesn't mean what you think it means asshole. Grow the fuck up when someone only corrects you and gives you news.
    Oh, that explains your retardation. You think I was trolling. That word doesn't mean what you think it means asshole. Grow the fuck up when someone only corrects you and gives you news.
    I still want that block user button....
  • I still want that block user button....
    Why do people keep asking for this? There is not a single forum software that I know of which offers such a feature. The additional complexity of the SQL query that would be required to implement such a feature is enormous. The effect that would have on performance would be very burdensome. In addition, it would make reading a lot of threads very confusing. You block person A, but not person B. Person B writes a post responding to person A. It's just a mess all around.

Learn to ignore things. I read < 20% of the threads on the forum. The threads I do read, I read very few of the posts. Just because it's on your screen doesn't mean you have to read it. Just keep scrolling.
  • I'm not seriously asking for this. I'm reinforcing to Nine that he's being a dick. He is unnecessarily dickish.
  • Why do people keep asking for this? There is not a single forum software that I know of which offers such a feature. The additional complexity of the SQL query that would be required to implement such a feature is enormous.
    Just use JavaScript to white out a checked persons posts?
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    I'm not seriously asking for this. I'm reinforcing to Nine that he's being a dick. He is unnecessarily dickish.
    Seriously...Long Dong doesn't have to be like this. I much prefer his real-life persona on Skype.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I feel like this thread is very similar to the Boo-yah thread.
  • I feel these type of threads are plaguing the forum as of late.
  • It wouldn't be the Geek Nights forum if half the posts weren't people bragging!
  • I feel like this thread is very similar to the Boo-yah thread.
    It's for people too cool to say "boo-yah".
  • It wouldn't be the Geek Nights forum if half the posts weren't people bragging!
    Basically.
    1. Got replys to my topic. Boo Yah! I'm sooo cool.