This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (DS)

edited February 2010 in Video Games
I just found out about and started playing this game yesterday. Ho-lee shit. Don't be fooled by the Might & Magic name. It really has nothing to do with the Heroes of Might & Magic series. The best way I can think to describe it is Fire Emblem + Magical Drop. Even so, that doesn't even do it justice. I know that this is right up the alley of a lot of people in the crew.

This is the best video I could find showing the actual gameplay. Skip the first four minutes.
7wAuXLISVkg

Comments

• Seems interesting enough. Do you know if there's any multiplayer, online or not?
  • That video discussed multiplayer, though I don't know about online.
  • It has local wireless multiplayer with single cart or multi-cart. No Internets. Not sure what the difference between single and multi-cart is.
  • Presumably you would get a limited selection of heroes and artifacts when without a cart.
  • edited February 2010
    single and multi-cart is.
    Single cart is one cartridge between many people whereas multicart is each DS with it's own cart. You usually get a more demo-like experience with just one cart.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • single and multi-cart is.
    Single cart is one cartridge between many people whereas multicart is each DS with it's own cart.
    I think he meant the difference in gameplay.
  • I think he meant the difference in gameplay.
    Leave five minutes for editing next time.
  • Looks good. I really like all the might and magic games but have been hold off after the original developer sold the franchise.

I email the writer for might and magic a year ago and this is what he replied about the game.

Jeff Spock to me
    show details 10/2/09

Hi Chris,

The Might and Magic games are now owned and developed by Ubisoft, but they have been a bit slow getting an on-line presence together. Probably the best place to go for information right now is Wikipedia or some of the fan sites (there are a ton of those).

There will be a M&M DS game coming out towards the end of the year that will be excellent both for gameplay and story. The previews have been great:
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/mightandmagicclashofheroes?q=clash of heroes

Jeff