This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The thread in which there is no bickering

edited February 2010 in Everything Else
There's just too much bickering all around this forum. It just won't do. Obviously, there could be only one solution - a dedicated thread where no-one will argue.

Comments

• Fuck this thread.
  • I love this forum.
  • Fuck this thread.
    You're an idiot.
  • Fuck this thread.
    Fuck you, this thread is awesome.
  • Fuck you, this thread is awesome.
  • So wait, you've made a paradox?
  • edited February 2010
    So wait, you've made a paradox?
    I thought it would be the perfect way to respond to this:
    Oi! SHUT UP! THE LOT OF YOU!Enough of your bickering. At this point you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. This thread is supposed to be about the joy of driving, not your individual parking techniques.

Honestly people...
    Thanks for being so predictable, forum.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Thanks for being so predictable, forum.
    I expected the exact opposite.
  • The thread wherein which there is no bickering
    FTFY
  • I don't know what you're talking about.
  • I don't know what you're talking about.
    Fuck you.
  • Anyone who posts in this tread is a freaking Troll and should grow up or get a job where they actually have to do work. You've wasted precious minutes of your life reading these stupid words.
  • Give nukes a chance.

I'm not surprised that this was the first hit when I googled "give nukes a chance."
  • edited February 2010
    In all seriousness, I've thought that things have been quite civil lately. I'm not really sure why, but the vibe has been pretty great. Take the Obama thread. We just had a mature discussion with no flame baiting. That's the biggest display of tolerance and civility I have seen in quite some time. I don't, however, read many of the threads. Maybe you are arguing elsewhere.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • edited February 2010
    In all seriousness, I've thought that things have been quite civil lately. I'm not really sure why, but things have seemed pretty friendly. I don't, however, read many of the threads.
    You've just answered your own question. Your absence is clearly the reason for civility.
  • edited February 2010
    Clearly I was referring to the threads that I have participated in. As much as I'd like to have psychic ability, I will be the first to admit that I don't. I was not commenting on the civility, or lack thereof, in unseen threads.

(Did I really just have to explain that?)
  • edited February 2010
    (Did I really just have to explain that?)
    This is the thread where there is no bickering. The more paradoxes, the better.
    I guess it must be someone else's absence that is the reason, then.
  • edited February 2010
    I am quite sincere when I say that the recent political discussions have been the best in quite some time. Everyone made their point in about 1/5 of the normal space, and all points were topical and interesting to read. I've also seen a lot of respect and good information lately regarding tech products. I did not witness much "fanboy" nonsense. The comments were all intelligent and interesting. Go forum!
  • No arguing? Let's all have sex then!
  • I am quite sincere when I say that the recent political discussions have been the best in quite some time. Everyone made their point in about 1/5 of the normal space, and all points were topical and interesting to read. I've also seen a lot of respect and good information lately regarding tech products. I did not witness much "fanboy" nonsense. The comments were all intelligent and interesting. Go forum!
    I'll hear that. I think it started with the whole guantanamo bay closing issue, where I was accidentally intelligent and thoughtful - I'm serious, I fully expected to have an argument coming quite rapidly, and was suprised when it resulted in "that'll do, Churbs, that'll do." - and it just went uphill from there.

Oh, and I hate you all, just saying.
  • I guess it must be someone else's absence that is the reason, then.
    Speaking of, where did Joe go off to?
  • edited February 2010
    There has been a lot of ignoring certain trolls and fanboys, at least on my part, which keeps my bickering at a minimum.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • What the fuck is this meta bullshit? "Derpity derp, let's all circle-jerk about our behavior on a message board, on said message board."

Grow up.
  • Arguing is caused by differing opinions. No arguments=no opinions.
    Freaking Communists, trying to get rid of my opinion.
  • Grow up.
    Hence why I said. Let's all have sex! Like grown ups do.
    Freaking Communists, trying to get rid of my opinion.
    You know... that could be the saving blessing in the states. People just shutting up due to lack of opinion. It would solve so many problems, and science could actually be unhindered for a change.
  • What the fuck is this meta bullshit? "Derpity derp, let's all circle-jerk about our behavior on a message board, on said message board."

Grow up.
    I hope the irony of your admonishment isn't lost on you. :P