This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Need to make sure a computer is secure.

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Now, important question time:did they seize any network equipment?
    All they took were the towers, no keyboards or anything else. The left the networking stuff also.
    Were I a government agency who needed to keep an eye on you, I'd simply leave a back door in your router when I seized it.
    Are you kidding? I have a backdoor into their router just to make sure I get paid under threat of loss of internet. All they have is your standard non-wireless linksys router.These guys aren't some big company, its a local...service of some sort. Not a business that is inherently illegal in any way, but an alleged practice of the owner was apparently illegal.

I can't exactly pretend to do the work. I'm gonna be doing this work on-site so what ever has to be done has to be done. And these machines have to be in a working condition when I hand it over to them. I
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Nanami got away with it.
    I like how Nanami isn't in that picture at all. I found a better one, but it's with Chu Chu

• That Mythbuster clip is awesome.
  • If you have a high school chem bookinternet access, you know how to make thermite.
  • If you havea high school chem bookinternet access, you know how to make thermite.
    True.

Thermite is baby stuff, anyway. All the cool kids coil and roll their own stars.
  • Thermite is baby stuff, anyway. All the cool kids coil and roll their own starsmake their own apple pie.
    FTFY.
  • Thermite is baby stuff, anyway. All the cool kidscoil and roll their own starsmake their own apple pie.
    FTFY.
    From scratch?
  • Thermite is baby stuff, anyway. All the cool kidscoil and roll their own starsmake their own apple pie.
    FTFY.
    From scratch?
    You'd have to first invent the universe.
  • You'd have to first invent the universe.
    All the cool kids are inventing the universe.
  • Thermite is baby stuff, anyway. All the cool kids coil and roll their own stars.
    I don't know about that, but I sometimes get bored and make my own fireworks.
  • From scratch?
    I didn't think I needed to specify the obvious parts.