This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ChatRoulette

edited February 2010 in Technology
How about that Chatroulette everyone is talking about? I tried it out today, it's exactly what you would expect. I've found that it's a lot better to turn it on and ignore it, and wait for someone to engage you than to try to expend effort trying to engage someone else.

Also, it's mostly white dudes. And why is it that there are tons and tons of guys showing penises, but almost no girls showing anything? Why is that?

Comments

• And why is it that there are tons and tons of guys showing penises, but almost no girls showing anything? Why is that?
    Guys have less reserve?
  • Guys have less reserve?
    Uh, that was supposed to be a lobbed softball, which was intended to be hit out of the park in glorious fashion by a multitude of crude sexual comments.
    Uh, that was supposed to be a lobbed softball, which was intended to be hit out of the park in glorious fashion by a multitude of crude sexual comments.
    I guess he failed to rise to the occasion?
  • And why is it that there are tons and tons of guys showing penises, but almost no girls showing anything? Why is that?
    I know it's your natural instinct, but you should try navigating away from the "Gay" channel.
  • I believe that was the insinuation, Geo.
  • edited February 2010
    Guys have less reserve?
    That's what she said.

EDIT: Wow, I was too focused on getting that in to notice that Matt had already pointed it out. That's what this week has done to me.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Oh dear - /b/ has apparently discovered it, if the sudden proliferation of people being show Goatse and the like is any indication.
  • Cobra Commander really loves the program
  • Heh - Punkass /b/ kid shows up at about 1:30 something, see's he's been thoroughly outclassed, immediately disconnects.
  • Wait... Judging by the audio of that, I kinda side with Cobra Commander's political vision. Am I a bad person?
  • So I've been mashing "F9" for a while to get someone with a running camera on their face and that actually replies to my questions. Since I have no camera I got the default black nothingness as 'avatar', so OBVIOUSLY I'm a black hole. From the Eta quadrant.
    You: Good day.
    Stranger: hi
    You: I'm a black hole from the Eta quadrant.
    You: Can you help me?
    Stranger: yeah ..
    Stranger: what do u need?
    You: I am in search of a galaxy that has supposedly developed intelligent life.
    You: Have you heard about it?\
    You: I wish to send them a card.
    Stranger: yes, i live in this place
    You: You do?!
    Stranger: but i m the only one
    You: Oh dear, what happened?
    Stranger: "intelligente life"
    You: ... Don't tell me.
    You: Did they blew themselves up already?
    Stranger: yep
    You: Darn it.
    You: Too often do I miss out on the fun stuff because of this stuff.
    You: You wouldn't know how aggrivating this is, do you?
    Stranger: no..
    You: Truly irritating beyond belief.
    You: I thank you for your time sir.
    You: You have saved me a lot.
    Stranger: alright
    Stranger: u r welcome
    You: Good day to you, and good luck in your dealings.
    You: Good day.
    You: I'm a black hole from the Eta quadrant, can you help me?
    Stranger: how can I help?
    You: I'm looking for a galaxy that supposedly developed intelligent life.
    You: I wish to send them a card.
    You: It's not often that you hear such wonderful news around here.
    Stranger: if you're on Chat Roulette, you're looking in the wrong place
    You: Thanks for the information.
    You: I'll look elsewhere then.
    You: Any suggestions?
    Stranger: shine on, you crazy diamond
    And then there were a few audio only. They smiled. Mission successful.
  • edited February 2010
    I feel like the internet has finally created a window to depravity even more efficient at the erosion of the soul than /b/.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I like Neave Webcam a lot. It's not really built for chatting, but it's often pretty fun.
  • I likeNeave Webcama lot. It's not really built for chatting, but it's often pretty fun.
    I'm pretty sure I saw you on there like three times just now.
  • I likeNeave Webcama lot. It's not really built for chatting, but it's often pretty fun.
    I'm pretty sure I saw you on there like three times just now.
    Yeah, I'm on it right now.
  • In other news, this site caused a part-time marketing guy at our company to ask us what goatse was.

We were like: You don't know?
    He was like: Are there...goat eyes? On parts of the body?
    We were like: Heh. Look it up when you get home. LOL.
    He: Is it something horrible?
    Us: You'll see. Heeheehee.
  • Us: You'll see. Heeheehee.
    Whenever someone gives me this answer I do not look it up.
  • Whenever someone gives me this answer I do not look it up.
    Same thing with food. If someone refuses to tell you what it is before you put it in your mouth, it's probably squid intestines in bile or something.
  • Food I'm less leery of*, because usually someone, somewhere in the world thought it was a good meal. So it's at least interesting.

*This rule only applies to food served in a restaurant, stuff people have made that I have no idea of the ingredients standard no-go rules apply.
  • That's definitely true. If I wasn't a Filipino, I probably wouldn't eat Balut, but damn...it's freaking DELICIOUS, man!
  • That's definitely true. If I wasn't a Filipino, I probably wouldn't eat Balut, but damn...it's freaking DELICIOUS, man!
    I ate that plenty when I was in Indonesia, but I couldn't bring myself to eat it with my eyes open. Seriously, Delicious, but I can't look at it when I'm shoving it in my mouth.
  • I just read the wikipedia about Balut, and it sounds like it would be delicious, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to eat one, especially with my eyes open.
  • Fuck Balut. I discovered it on accident one day. My mom decided to add it to the normal carton of eggs. I've been scarred ever since. There are so many Filipino cuisines I cannot stomach. Don't get me started on Dinuguan.
  • Dinuguan
    Blood-based foods are awesome.
    I just read the wikipedia about Balut, and it sounds like it would be delicious, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to eat one, especially with my eyes open.
    I think I could do it provided I had a nice stout on hand.
  • Oh my god, I freaking LOVE Dinuguan! I much prefer when they cook it with a more creamy/chunky consistency, as opposed to watery and a bit diluted.
  • I once had an English teacher who, in her youth, was vegetarian but, her dad convinced her that black pudding was soy based.
  • Yeah, we're going to have to disagree. I'm not sure if I told my dinuguan story here, but I had a bad experience with it as a child, and when I found out what it was, I choose to never eat it.
  • Never had dinguan, but I do enjoy some black pudding cooked with tomatoes.