This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Digimon MMO

2»

Comments

• Oh my god. Can we PLEASE get back to talking about something more important...like DIGIMON?

We've had the "validity of opinions" argument plenty of times. How often do we actually see DIGIMON discussion in this forum? Don't sully such a rare event!
  • Sorry, sorry, you're right. How foolish of me.

Favorite Digimon? I'd say the Patamon, Terriermon, and Kotemon lines are my favorites.
  • edited February 2010
    Though I love the thought of a Digi/Poke-mon MMO, I can't help but think that the ability to "catch" Digimon completely ruins it for me. As a "digidestined", your supposed to have a very special bond with ONE Digimon. The digimon is supposed to be a reflection of your inner self, and not something you can just catch on the fly.

That's why everyone was right when they said that Pokemon would be far better suited for an MMO-type game.

Also, my favorite Digimon is probably Tentomon or Cyberdramon (from Tamers).
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Yeah, I don't like catching Digimon. But the problem is that everyone wants to have every Digimon...I would prefer it if you could unlock every evolution for your one partner somehow...
  • Pokemon superior, Digimon inferior.
  • edited February 2010
    Pokemon superior, Digimon inferior.

SHOCKWAVE THUNDERSHOCK, BITCH.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Pokemon superior, Digimon inferior.
    I believe that Digimon has a better anime than Pokemon, which really isn't hard, but the Pokemon games and manga are far superior.
  • Pokemon wins in games. Digimon wins in anime.

My favorite digimon is Gatomon, Lopmon, Terriermon and Gazimon. The last I would want as a partner digimon if I can in the game.

Man, all this returning to my youth through Digimon makes me want to do a panel on Digimon.
  • Pokemon wins in games. Digimon wins in anime.

My favorite digimon is Gatomon, Lopmon, Terriermon and Gazimon. The last I would want as a partner digimon if I can in the game.

Man, all this returning to my youth through Digimon makes me want to do a panel on Digimon.
    I've totally considered that if I ever did a panel, it could be Digimon. Or just Fox Kids/Toonami Anime in general, talking about the effect it had on the modern day Anime fan of age 22 or younger, basically.
  • Wow. It only took them over a decade or so.

They chose the Digimon Tamers universe. So they DO care about quality. Thank god.

It sounds a little pokemon-ish to me... start with one, capture more? That's not how it works in Digimon, yet every new game allows you to capture more monsters just like in Pokemon. I liked Digimon's take on the partner thing - you get only one, and you are uniquely bonded to that one.

:D They let you capture Paomon though, so I'm all over that. I always imagined that if there was an MMO and we could only choose one, I would choose Paomon. I'm not a big MMO player though.... I hope this is fun. The Digimon Tamers universe lends itself pretty well to the idea.
  • Pokemon games > Digimon games
    Digimon anime > Pokemon anime
    The world is the exact opposite of what it should be. Would've been better I think if the pokemon anime stopped instead of the digimon one. Though I still have to watch over half of the Digimon one.

EDIT: Dammit, you people already said that. If only that freaking video would do anything.
    Don't worry Nine, it's so true it warrants repetition. Though I think that recently the Pokemon anime has been more flamboyantly asstastic than the Digimon games.
    Don't worry Nine, it's so true it warrants repetition. Though I think that recently the Pokemon anime has been more flamboyantly asstastic than the Digimon games.
    I agree. Some of the Digimon games were good, just not really great or notable like the Pokemon games. The Pokemon anime has, at this point, almost no positive factors I can think of...
  • Though I think that recently the Pokemon anime has been more flamboyantly asstastic than the Digimon games.
    I don't think you should bother comparing an anime to games. Also, didn't the pokemon anime start to follow the games more? As in abilities, actual weaknesses, etc? Instead of thunder as armour.
  • I don't think you should bother comparing an anime to games. Also, didn't the pokemon anime start to follow the games more? As in abilities, actual weaknesses, etc? Instead of thunder as armour.
    Yeah, it did, Peener. I remember Ash blowing a hole in the ceiling of a Dojo so that the rain would pour into the battle area, activating his Buizel's swift swim to catch up to his opponent's Lucario.
  • Because Buizel vs. Lucario is a totally fair and balanced match, needing only Swift Swim present to bring an unevolved otter on par with a fully evolved gym leader's top-used pokemon.

Also Buizel beats Floatzel because he believed. Compare how many times I believed I could beat the Elite 4 without training first time in-game to times I actually did it.
  • Also Buizel beats Floatzel because he believed.
  • But tsuntsun. You don't play the anime. You play the games. They're different, comparing them makes no sense. Now that the pokemon anime is trying to be more like the games is indeed rather stupid and asstastic.
  • I was listening to the recent GeekNights episode that brought this up, and reminded me about the whole "use real money to succeed in the MMO," so I looked up some information on Wikipedia.
    During battle, the player has three tries to capture a Digimon, via the "capture" option in the in-game interface. However, there is a high chance that the attempted capture will fail, with an estimated 0.01% chance of a successful capture. The player can, if they so choose, buy a "Net" item with real-world money that has a 100% chance of success, even on high-level Digimon.
    Fail.
  • Fail.
    Korea. Most of their MMOs are like this. $ = better everything.
  • ...Damn. I WANTED to play and love this game. WANTED! I feel so sad.