This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20100223 - Why Hardcore MMORPGs Are Not Popular

124»

Comments

• But in Street Fighter there is only a limited number of things to do, so in theory you could come up with optimal reaction to every action you opponent takes.
    The fact that mixups exist -- points in the match where you can do one of several different moves, and your opponent has to predict correctly, because they all require different defense -- means that this is not true, and even if you know everything there is to know about the mechanics of the game, and the optimal defense or counter to every move, it still comes down to mind games.
  • edited March 2010
    Also, isn't there fun in learning the patterns of a game, like the best way to fight a boss or the most rewarding/quickest way to clear out a certain room? A fighting/multiplayer game can not offer as many "ah-ha!" moments as a single player experience.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Have you played God Hand, Scott?
  • Have you played God Hand, Scott?
    I suspect he won't even like God Hand.
  • No, I'm metal. It's way different. We cut ourselves because it's brutal, not because we're crying on the inside.
    Pete, I know you, you cry on the inside.
  • OK, can anyone remember playing Diablo I ?

First: The game is hard, Lv50(max) "Hell"/"Hell difficulty"(H/H) with good equipment still very dangerous! 4 monster around you will kill you, most of the cases!!!
    Second: If you die you all your equipped items are trapped with your body and you re-spawn at the city... if you cannot get your body before leaving the game you loose it all...

So, i was always afraid! terrified! mastering telekill, counting my steps, carrying extra equipment to rescue my body... That feeling i never got from WOW or another MMO...
  • I never played Diablo 1, only 2.
  • D2, not that good...