This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ROFLcon (v. 2.0.1)

edited March 2010 in Everything Else

So, if it hasn't been on your radar, ROFLcon -- two days and two nights of the most epic internet culture conference ever assembled -- is returning to Boston, April 30th + May 1st, 2010.

Tickets have been on sale for a while, but I'm also the Volunteer Coordinator this year, so a call for volunteers (free admission to the conference included) should be going out at the beginning of April.

If you didn't get to hit up the first ROFLcon back in 2008, it was all sorts of awesome, with over 900 people converging on MIT's campus.

Comments

• I've already got my ticket. :)

The concentration of amazing at this con is blinding. Your guest line up is staggering.
  • Why the FUCK did I move to the west coast!? WHY?!
  • Not only is there a seriously decent chance that I'll be going, but I might well be going along with a good friend of mine who knows the founder well. Turns out that I, my friend, and the founder all went to the same summer camp - CTY.
  • There are only 75 tickets left, as of this afternoon. There are definitely less as of this message.
  • Why the FUCK did I move to the west coast!? WHY?!
    Yeah, why did you? East is beast, and West is a jest.
  • East is beast, and West is a jest.
    I think your coast might actually lose points for a sentence like this.
  • edited April 2010
    East is beast, and West is a jest.
    I think your coast might actuallylosepoints for a sentence like this.
    I lived most of my life on the east. I lose both ways. :( However, I will defend my new homeland with the following sentence: You don't have to shovel sunshine, bitches.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You don't have to shovel sunshine, bitches.
    Here in the City, our heat island is strong enough to prevent most need for shoveling. We make our own seething sun of asphalt and humanity.
  • edited April 2010
    I think your coast might actuallylosepoints for a sentence like this.
    It already lost them.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    Enjoy your earthquakes.
    Enjoy your earthquakes.
    Also enjoy your mudslides and massive fires.
  • edited April 2010
    I hope you guys enjoyed your long extended winter as we did with all that sno...oh wait.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Silence you whippersnappers. We all know Europe has the best coast.
  • Yeah, Europe north coast FTW!
    Enjoy your earthquakes.
    You've clearly never been in an earthquake. They're fun 90% of the time.
    Enjoy your earthquakes.
    You've clearly never been in an earthquake. They're fun 90% of the time.
    True that.
  • Silence you whippersnappers. We all know Europe has the best coast.
    Whoops, Nine's been smoking crack again.
  • Hey, I was in St. Tropez today. Mediterranean coast is all win (except a bit of it in Egypt).
  • edited April 2010
    Also enjoy your mudslides and massive fires.
    Both of those are only a problem if you're a rich asshole who lives in the hills, and you probably deserve it.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited April 2010
    Chicago, motherfuckers. Beaches, huge city, cold winters, fiery hot summers, and ethnic diversity you can't beat (with the shipping lines on the Lakes and the airports to support it).
    Mediterranean coast is all win
    As a Spaniard, I support this statement.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited April 2010
    Mediterranean coast is all win
    That reminds me, California is one of the few places in the world besides the Mediterranean that features a "Mediterranean climate". Another thing to add to the already towering "west coast is best coast" pile of evidence. Best coast of the US, at least.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited April 2010
    Another thing to add to the already towering "west coast is best coast" pile of evidence.
    So true. You guys also get Coachella, Sasquatch, Amoeba, and an absurd amount of other awesome shit.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Is anyone planning to attend the Pre-Con party?
  • edited April 2010
    Once again, ROFLcon II will be streamed live online!

http://roflcon.org/live/

This time in HTML5.
    Post edited by Alex Leavitt on