This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wardrobe malfunctions

edited March 2010 in Everything Else
One day, when I was about 11 or 12, I was walking to catch the school bus. I looked down and noticed that I was wearing odd shoes. And not just a little bit odd; one was a black trainer and the other was a white trainer. I knew if I carried on, and went to school, I'd never live it down. I'd always be known as the odd shoe kid. So I ran home, swapped one shoe, and still made it to the bus in time. But missing the bus would have been worth it.

Comments

• I have been known on occasion to find my shirt was on inside out, this is caused by the fact I usually put my shirt on last (after looking at the mirror) and in the dark (usually I discover this a few hours into work :-p)
  • Because of the way I walk (I walk knock-kneed, and it's kinda just too damn late to fix it now), I rip pants all the time. Normally I catch it in time for it to not be an issue, tho.
  • One time I wore slippers to school...
    I've done this more than once, but on purpose.
  • I once got in the shower while still wearing socks.
    Rym once got in the shower with all his clothes on.... but that was for other reasons :-p
  • Rym once got in the shower with all his clothes on.... but that was for other reasons :-p
    Didn't want to pay for doing laundry at the laundromat?
    I've done this more than once, but on purpose.
    Same here. It's especially easy while in college.
    I once got in the shower while still wearing socks.
    I got into the bathtub while completely clothed once when I was 4 or so.
  • I once swam in the sea wearing pants, socks, shoes, shirt, sweater and underwear.
  • I once swam in the sea wearing pants, socks, shoes, shirt, sweater and underwear.
    I did that once on a day out with the Venturer scouts - though I was a rover at the time, I was helping out in a supervisory capacity. One of the younger lads, Ben, went overboard, and while he was confident enough to arse about with a boat under his feet(as long as he didn't have to do the work to make it move) he wasn't a strong swimmer, and tired quickly. We were going a pretty fair clip when he went over, so I locked off my rope, shouted "Overboard! Come Around!", and without the time to kick off my boots or any of that, sprinted to the stern and dived in after him. Nothing terribly exciting, it was a calm day on the water, but with pretty decent winds, I just tread water next to him, helped him tread water and keep his head up while they brought the boat back around.
  • edited March 2010
    One time at school I was wearing pants but I also realised I was wearing my pyjamas shirt. I never opened my coat that day.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • After an all nighter I went to class wearing the zip up hoodie I'd had on, completely forgetting I wasn't wearing shirt underneath. I only discovered this when I started unzipping it in class, though I don't think anyone noticed
  • I got into the bathtub while completely clothed once when I was 4 or so.
    Yes, but I did mine well past the "cute" age.
    Rym once got in the shower with all his clothes on.... but that was for other reasons :-p
    I have also done this. My main reasons were that I was really bored and that I thought it would be an amusing/interesting experience. I wasn't disappointed, oddly enough.
  • My boardshorts ripped once while sailing. I looked back to see my skipper covering her eyes.
  • I think I've shared my most embarrassing moment in my life ever on the forum before. That was the result of a wardrobe malfunction.
  • I was on the bus once, and I was wearing a pair of pants that had a small rip in the crotch, as this was a time in my life when I didn't particularly care about such things. I was reading a book or something. I don't remember if I saw it or felt it first, but at some point I realized that my fella had slipped through the flap in my boxers and was poking out that hole. I don't think anyone noticed.
  • That's not a small rip if the fella can fit through.
  • Back in the day there was a trend with these loose silky shiny cargo cropped pants. I found some at a thrift and I wore them to church. I don't know how it happened while sitting, but my pants ripped. Down the right leg to the bottom. I had to borrow a suit from the backroom. Ugh.

My boobs popped out of my swimsuit once at camp and my crush of the year saw it. Not cool at all.
  • One day, when I was about 11 or 12, I was walking to catch the school bus. I looked down and noticed that I was wearing odd shoes. And not just a little bit odd; one was a black trainer and the other was a white trainer. I knew if I carried on, and went to school, I'd never live it down. I'd always be known as the odd shoe kid. So I ran home, swapped one shoe, and still made it to the bus in time. But missing the bus would have been worth it.
    This happened to me in 6th grade. I didn't notice until someone pointed it out to me. I looked down and said "...Yeah. Isn't it cool?" I then proceeded to act like I did it on purpose. I've never been a particularly popular person, but everyone started copying me and switched shoes with each other. I am proud to say I started a fad, although it ended the next day.

I also once forgot to put a bra on. I just didn't take my hoodie off that day.
  • I once what seemed to be the same tee for a whole week, truth was that I bought three plain black tees.
  • Not my wardrobe malfunction, BUT someone needs to tell a few of the older women at my gym to wear a sports bra. It's nasty.

I am getting a Utilikilt, and I'm looking forward to having a story of my own after PAX East. ~_^
  • Dude, I'm sharing a bed with you, gross. Ugh, just shower before you come to bed for the love of god.
  • Tonight I wore a new pair of trousers I bought yesterday. When my guests arrived they asked "What's that on the back of your leg?" I'd not removed a plastic sticker with the waist and leg sizes on it. Classy. But I'm in my own home, so I can do what I want.
  • edited March 2010
    I also once forgot to put a bra on.
    My English professor did that about a week ago. How do I know? Well, she's a single, hot, blond, 30-something, was wearing a tight black button up shirt that day and had a case of the perky nips. ^_~

lol, Related:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • single, hot, blond, 30-something,
    You should get on that.
  • single, hot, blond, 30-something,
    You should get on that.
    That's taking the whole "6th grade teacher who doesn't quite button her shirt all the way" cliche to the extreme.
  • edited March 2010
    single, hot, blond, 30-something,
    You should get on that.
    Workin on it. You see, our classroom doesn't have a computer hooked up the the projector, so I'm "always so nice to volunteer my computer when she needs one."
    Sure, I'm a nice guy, but I'm a sneaky bugger.
    That's taking the whole "6th grade teacher who doesn't quite button her shirt all the way" cliche to the extreme.
    Heh.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Freshman year of high school. Pants tore four inches down the groin seam. 'Nuff said.
  • I guess many people would say that my general outfit (especially during high school) is a malfunction, but that's entirely up to opinion. Never really had a situation where I messed up or have had something bad happen during the day.