This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• I just realized I never posted my 3DS friend code here. It's 0216-1507-8505. Add me to that thar spreadsheet and expect a friend request from me if your code is on that sheet.
    The list is universal edit. You can add yourself. I basically trust you folks not to be dicks.
  • edited October 2013
    I'm adding people from the spreadsheet now. Be prepared!

*EDIT* And adding my friend code into le sheet.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Please add me back, people. I added everyone on the spreadsheet a few weeks ago and not a single one has added back. It's safari time!!
  • Yeah i gave up on dumb friend codes. Maybe if it wasn't such a chore to enter a code each time I wanted to add someone I would be more inclined.
  • A link between Worlds getting great reviews, some say best 2D Zelda since ALTTP.

And lets clarify once and for all:

Not a remake!!

New Zelda people! It's looking awesome. Get excite!
  • Even better than the oracle twins?
  • So fucking excited. Pre-ordered at Gamestop with in-store pickup so I can get it next Friday. *Dances*
  • I enjoy the top down games a lot more than I do the 3rd person games.

Except for that train one.

That game was dumb.
  • Apsup said:

Even better than the oracle twins?

That is a mighty high bar they would need to go over, but also excite.

• Oh yeah, I went to a panel at NYCC where Aonuma was there and talked about the game. It's looking good.
  • It looks super legit. Accidentally have a few spoilers, but I've avoided most of it.

But yeah, top-down Zelda is best Zelda (except Wind Waker). And yeah, Spirit Tracks was an unmitigated disaster.
  • Wind Waker is the only 3rd person Zelda that I've played through sort of. I've probably said this before but I got all the way to the triforce hunt and said fuck it.
  • MATATAT said:

I got all the way to the triforce hunt and said fuck it.

You and MANY people that I know. The WiiMake shortened that chore to make it easier.
  • I never minded the Triforce hunt. I thought it was fun.

I know why other people don't like it and see the problem, but I liked all the clues and mini-dungeons. It was fun for me.
  • I ordered the Zelda XL
  • Axel said:

I never minded the Triforce hunt. I thought it was fun.

I know why other people don't like it and see the problem, but I liked all the clues and mini-dungeons. It was fun for me.

My biggest problem with the triforce hunt was the endlessly greedy Tingle. Having to pay him for translating every chart without having the biggest wallet, meant that I had to go and grind for rupees after every chart. That was just pure nofun.

• A link between Worlds getting great reviews, some say best 2D Zelda since ALTTP.

So still not as good as Link's Awakening then. I may have to pick it up whenever I get around to getting a 3DS.
  • edited November 2013
    canine224 said:

A link between Worlds getting great reviews, some say best 2D Zelda since ALTTP.

So still not as good as Link's Awakening then. I may have to pick it up whenever I get around to getting a 3DS.
    I played LA a couple of months ago. It was good, but unsure why everyone loves it so much.

Oh, I agree it was a technical marvel for GB hardware... But you still can't overlook the map that is death by 1000 gates. You can barely move 2 screens without having to change items! lol.

But I digress. ALTTP 2 is looking pretty hot. Preordered!

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • I'm considering picking up a 3DS. I already have one vote of confidence that I trust, but out of interest in what y'all have to say, FRCF, Sell me on a 3DS. Or save me some money, either way.
  • The 3DS is one of the best things Nintendo has made recently. The graphical capabilities of a Gamecube in my hand? Okay. Give me new Pokemon, new Phoenix Wright, new top-down Zelda, new Fire Emblem, one of the best Mario Kart's in ages, and even more.
    Plus, downloadable Gameboy games. Come now.
  • Churba said:

I'm considering picking up a 3DS. I already have one vote of confidence that I trust, but out of interest in what y'all have to say, FRCF, Sell me on a 3DS. Or save me some money, either way.

Console is as good as it's games. If you know it has enough games you want to play to justify getting a console then go for it. I know I'll be getting one at some point, as soon as I have money to spare.

• Apsup said:

Console is as good as it's games. If you know it has enough games you want to play to justify getting a console then go for it. I know I'll be getting one at some point, as soon as I have money to spare.

Fair Assessment. Off the top of my head, I'll likely end up with Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Mario Cart, and maybe one or two other titles off the bat.

Hard to say what else, that's the only games I know anything about. Literally the only interaction I've had with a 3DS was someone in like at PAX, who noticed I was eyeballing it, and they gave us a look since I'd never had a good look at one before - and since I didn't have any knowledge or experience with the system, I mostly ignored what was coming out for it.
  • Axel said:

The 3DS is one of the best things Nintendo has made recently. The graphical capabilities of a Gamecube in my hand? Okay. Give me new Pokemon, new Phoenix Wright, new top-down Zelda, new Fire Emblem, one of the best Mario Kart's in ages, and even more.

I don't think it's about the graphics as much as it is the titles being released and being a handheld for portability is why it's successful.

• Rochelle said:

Axel said:

The 3DS is one of the best things Nintendo has made recently. The graphical capabilities of a Gamecube in my hand? Okay. Give me new Pokemon, new Phoenix Wright, new top-down Zelda, new Fire Emblem, one of the best Mario Kart's in ages, and even more.

I don't think it's about the graphics as much as it is the titles being released and being a handheld for portability is why it's successful.

I just enjoy the fact that we've come far enough to have the quality of games I once thought were the highest definition we'd ever reach when I was younger on portables.

• Funny how the 3DS sucked at launch due to a lack of games. There is a good lesson in there for Nintendo, but will they learn?
  • Every console sucks at launch. All of them since like, the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox era.
  • Yep, I've finally learned my lesson and I'm content to wait a year or two before picking up the PS4 (unless XBOX One somehow redeems itself in that space.)
  • True but Nintendo appears to have the longest lag between hardware release and games that sell systems.
  • Churba said:

I'm considering picking up a 3DS. I already have one vote of confidence that I trust, but out of interest in what y'all have to say, FRCF, Sell me on a 3DS. Or save me some money, either way.

If you liked the DS then you'll like 3DS. Pretty similar but better control scheme and more graphical power. The online is slightly better but still the same old bs. Mostly the store is just more accessible. Game selection is pretty decent these days. I can play it in bed which is nice. Although if the vita wasn't a barren wasteland of an ecosystem I would recommend one of those. Indie games on the go for a vita is nice and sony might start giving a shit about vita if the ps4 boosts sales or gets people interested at least.
  • I always think I'll love the Nintendo handhelds, but the truth is that I'm old and enfeebled and the screen is too small to be comfortable and the postures I have to maintain to play it are all uncomfortable. :) I hate missing out on Nintendo staple franchises on mobile, because often on mobile they're at their best, but meh. Too uncomfortable.