This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• Okay so after hitting this comment section that is being used as a Friend Code Exchange (BTW if you go there right now you will probably scoop 2-3 FCs in the next 5-10 mins) I have filled my Friend list with pending Friend Cards so I am going to wait a day or so and start deleting people. Chances are good that if you are reading this you are already in my system and if you add me it will go through right away. So go ahead and add me 5214-9452-7100
  • About 15 hours into Bravely Default. LOVE IT. It's just a much prettier and modern handheld FF game.

If you liked FF3, FF4 or 4 Heroes of Light, you will be right at home with BD.
  • Ooooh, I might have to check that out. I liked FF3 a lot. (Actual FF3, not the other one)
  • In case anybody here has not seen yet, Zelda four swords anniversary edition is free this weekend on the 3DS eShop, so go grab it :)
  • Added everyone from the spreadsheet that I hadn't already. Woo.
  • Oddly curious about Inazuma Eleven, a soccer RPG getting decent reviews. Definitely not jumping on it due to high price, and not wanting to play an RPG, but still curious.
  • Matt said:

Oddly curious about Inazuma Eleven, a soccer RPG getting decent reviews. Definitely not jumping on it due to high price, and not wanting to play an RPG, but still curious.

Yeah I was stoked on it when I saw a trailer for, but I thought it was gonna be like an 8 dollar downloadable and not $20.
  • I'm getting one of these!! And I'm going to play monster hunter!!
  • johndis said:

I'm getting one of these!! And I'm going to play monster hunter!!

You right now:

• I was going to buy one a few months ago, but I ended up changing my mind because I needed to find one with firmware before version 4.5 to use a 3DS-capable flashcart.
  • Apreche said:

johndis said:

I'm getting one of these!! And I'm going to play monster hunter!!

You right now:

Game slow, game steady, is what I always say
  • Eh, as much as I like the 3DS, I think I should have bought the XL. With my finger sitting naturally on the shoulder button, it barely hits the underside of my knuckle, which makes it somewhat uncomfortable to use for longer periods of time. No other complaints, except those regarding my own impatience.
  • Churba, you and me both.
  • There is a Yoshi-skinned 3DSXL coming this month. Those limited ones tend to hold a very high resale value, so you could always upgrade at little cost.
  • I recommended, and expected to get, the small one.

But times changed. I don't carry my 3Ds everywhere like I did my DS. I don't have it in my pocket all the time. I use it mostly at cons and at home.
  • Matt said:

There is a Yoshi-skinned 3DSXL coming this month. Those limited ones tend to hold a very high resale value, so you could always upgrade at little cost.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Rochelle said:

Matt said:

There is a Yoshi-skinned 3DSXL coming this month. Those limited ones tend to hold a very high resale value, so you could always upgrade at little cost.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ther is a Yoshi-skinned 3DSXL coming this month. So just buy Ro's old 3DS at a discounted price.
  • And, if you register a new DS product during the month of march, as well as one of the following games: Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Lego City Undercover, or Yoshi's New Island, you get a free digital copy of Pokemon X or Y.
  • Matt said:

And, if you register a new DS product during the month of march, as well as one of the following games: Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Lego City Undercover, or Yoshi's New Island, you get a free digital copy of Pokemon X or Y.

Whoah, free Pokemans is kindof a big deal.
  • Apreche said:

This was the tipping point for me. Picked up a 3ds xl over the weekend, bought some mario kart on the eshop, and had pokemons ready to download catch minutes later.
  • Blattus said:

Apreche said:

This was the tipping point for me. Picked up a 3ds xl over the weekend, bought some mario kart on the eshop, and had pokemons ready to download catch minutes later.
    I am blasting through gyms right now. There's a Gym right in the middle of the big city I need to go to next, but I am exploring all the streets, alleys, and shops first. How many fucking cafes are there?
  • If you have a digital copy of Pokemon, make sure to always save a backup of your save file to your SD card!
  • I saw the bundle. It's alright. I won't be getting it. I have the GamerCat skin on my 3DS anyways, so I'm good.
  • Churba said:

Eh, as much as I like the 3DS, I think I should have bought the XL. With my finger sitting naturally on the shoulder button, it barely hits the underside of my knuckle, which makes it somewhat uncomfortable to use for longer periods of time. No other complaints, except those regarding my own impatience.

You guys have big hands. O.O

• edited March 2014
    Nuri said:

Yep. According to my dressmaker's tape, nine inch span, Eight and a half inch from wrist to tip of middle finger.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Nuri said:

Churba said:

Eh, as much as I like the 3DS, I think I should have bought the XL. With my finger sitting naturally on the shoulder button, it barely hits the underside of my knuckle, which makes it somewhat uncomfortable to use for longer periods of time. No other complaints, except those regarding my own impatience.

I do not have an XL. I also have female-sized hands. No joke. My wedding band had to be custom ordered as a 6.5, because 7 is average for a female and they don't go below that for men.

I could never throw a football because it was just too big, the. I coached girl's intramural football in college (champions!) and learned they'd made female-sized footballs. I threw it and felt like Jon Elway throwing a Vortex out of the stadium.

/weird story

• Finally I get to play monster hunter tri!! It's so much better than freedom unite god damn.
  • johndis said:

Finally I get to play monster hunter tri!! It's so much better than freedom unite god damn.

Get pumped, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's been announced for a western release in early 2015 for the 3DS, complete with online multiplayer.

• Is there an actual reason 3U doesn't have online mp?? or is it literally to give rabid fans a reason to buy a wiiu?