This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike: Source Servers

edited March 2010 in Video Games
I've been playing cs:s a lot recently but mostly on just a few different servers that aren't that great. I thought this would be the best place to ask for server suggestions. Specifically, I'd like to know about some cool gg or de/cs servers. Any Suggestions? What servers do you guys play on?

I'll start. I play cs/de on the server at 208.100.5.143:27015 and gg on the server at 66.150.121.30:27015

Comments

• I don't believe there is a such thing as a public server that doesn't suck.
  • edited March 2010
    Thank you, captain pessimist ;)
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • 127.0.0.1 is a pretty cool server.
  • Very funny. There's no place like home.
  • I thought this would be the best place to ask for server suggestions.
    So what you are basically saying here is that you cannot think? Interesting.
  • Any Suggestions?
    Play 1.6.
  • Any Suggestions?
    Play 1.6.
    Play NS instead.
  • Play NS instead.
    QFT. I've played a total of three or so games so far; and, though I am the newbiest of the noobs, I recognize the game's true greatness.
  • I've found a few great CS Source pub servers. Of course, living in NYC with FIOS, I have many more options than most people. It's almost as good as back at RIT: I'm getting pings under 5 most games.
  • edited March 2010
    Apparently something FIOS-y is coming to Rochester soon, and apparently it's some kind of partnership with Google. I heard about it on the radio.

EDIT: Ahh. It seems that Google is doing a fibre optic network of some sort, and local politicians are trying to get them to experiment here.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Ahh. It seems that Google is doing a fibre optic network of some sort, and local politicians are trying to get them to experiment here.
    Rochester needs it mostly for RIT students. Even way back when we were there, RIT had dual OC-3s AND a T-3 JUST for on-campus student Internet access, and we regularly pegged them. The off-campus students were basically screwed.
  • The off-campus students were basically screwed.
    This is true. Unfortunately, it's looking like the city government is having a hard time getting the locals excited about, well, anything.
  • edited March 2010
    So what you are basically saying here is that you cannot think? Interesting.
    While it may not be the best source of server suggestions, I thought it would be better than this. I know there are many avid pc gamers around here. I thought a few of you would be interested in cs:s because I've seen threads arranging games. What I did not account for is the fact that you trolls would be utterly useless and hijack my thread.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • While it may not be the best source of server suggestions, I thought it would be better than this. I know there are many avid pc gamers around here. I thought a few of you would be interested in cs:s because I've seen threads arranging games. What I did not account for is the fact that you trolls would be utterly useless and hijack my thread.
    I think the problem is that you have an unanswerable question. There really is no such thing as a good public server for a game like CS:S. Your best bet is to find a quality group of people and play on a private server.
  • Play NS instead.
    Guess I needed the green text.
  • edited March 2010
    I think the problem is that you have an unanswerable question. There really is no such thing as a good public server for a game like CS:S. Your best bet is to find a quality group of people and play on a private server.
    Finally, a response that's slightly more useful than the rest.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I think the problem is that you have an unanswerable question. There really is no such thing as a good public server for a game like CS:S. Your best bet is to find a quality group of people and play on a private server.
    Finally, a response that's slightly more useful than the rest.
    I basically said the same exact thing in my first post.
  • edited March 2010
    I basically said the same exact thing in my first post.
    You said it more constructively. Also, first time around I wanted to post cptn pessimist.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • You said it more constructively. Also, first time around I wanted to post cptn pessimist.
    In this case, it's captain realist.
  • In this case, it's captain realist.
    Only from your pessimistic view. I've found a few that are okay, and so has Rym.
  • While it may not be the best source of server suggestions, I thought it would be better than this. I know there are many avid pc gamers around here. I thought a few of you would be interested in cs:s because I've seen threads arranging games. What I did not account for is the fact that you trolls would be utterly useless and hijack my thread.
    KAHAHAHA, you sir, are an idiot. If this thread was hijacked it wouldn't have been as hilarious.
  • What I did not account for is the fact that you trolls would be utterly useless and hijack my thread.
    Welcome to the FRCF corner of the internet.

You must be new here.
  • Ok, so I been playing some Counter-Strike again. I've found some ok servers to play on, but mostly for gungame and such. It doesn't seem like there are any servers that are playing regular old CS without any weird shit. The best I could find are some servers that are completely normal except they are 24/7 office or dust2. I'm thinking I'm going to start a server on my HTPC that runs the default map rotation with no weird mods or any shit like that. I need someone to help test it out and make sure it works.
  • edited May 2011
    Ok, so I been playing some Counter-Strike again. I've found some ok servers to play on, but mostly for gungame and such. It doesn't seem like there are any servers that are playing regular old CS without any weird shit. The best I could find are some servers that are completely normal except they are 24/7 office or dust2. I'm thinking I'm going to start a server on my HTPC that runs the default map rotation with no weird mods or any shit like that. I need someone to help test it out and make sure it works.
    Yeah, stock rotations are incredibly hard to find lately that are decent. Also, If you need someone to help, I wouldn't mind. Just say when.
    Post edited by magnusrex on
  • Go for it. The server I was running is still dead, and I doubt I'll bother buying a new PSU.
  • Ok, the server name is FRC Default Counter-Strike. The IP is currently 24.193.127.157, but that could change.
  • Ok, the server name is FRC Default Counter-Strike. The IP is currently 24.193.127.157, but that could change.
    I'll check it momentarily.
  • Your server is broken. Steam Validation fails.
  • Your server is broken. Steam Validation fails.
    What Rym said. I'm also trying to connect.
  • Scott, how are you running Steam? I used the Linux dedicated server, which works fine.