This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2010 Official Thread

Comments

• It was nice to meet you guys and get some faces for the names. I'm sorry I couldn't stay for the whole of Action Castle (which was awesome). I'm also sorry I couldn't jump you ahead in line... no wait, I'm not sorry about that.
  • What are you talking about, Queensland Coast PAX hasn't even happened yet.
    I am guessing that would rate above Coast of Dreams PAX?
  • It was next to Pour's, something with an M.
    McGreevy's is the place you're thinking of.
  • The Front Row Corner
  • I can assure you that no one was turned away from the concerts, even at the most crowded (JoCo's set) we still had room to let people in. This is due to the proactive and excellent job of the main theater Enforcers who were keeping aisle clear before being asked by the fire marshals and the fire fighters on sight. One of the only times we had trouble was on the first day during the keynote, when the fire marshal shut the doors, although we still had room left. I was able to get them to let me count seats and bring people in a group at a time. Due to the excellent work we did there, next year should be even better (regarding fire marshals and convention staff). Clearly there were hiccups, but I think the Enforcer crews did an excellent job.

There was more agro at East than at Prime, but I think part of that can be explained by alot of new PAX goers who hadn't yet learned the PAX mentality, rather than an "east coast is meaner thing".
  • "east coast is meaner thing".
    No, we're meaner.
  • "east coast is meaner thing".
    No, we're meaner.
    No Pete, that's just you. Also, you're kind of fat and you snore like a wolverine with a head cold. Seriously, see a doctor before next year.

Being an Enforcer was bad ass. It's so worth it. Utilikilts are defiantly required.
  • No, we're meaner smarter.
    FTFY.
    you snore like a wolverine with a head cold.
    This is actually not true. He doesn't snore much at all unless he's stuffed up. I really hope I am probably in a better position to know.
  • edited April 2010
    The Front Row Corner
    Hey, I'm in that picture.

I gotta say those seats on the second level were surprisingly comfortable.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • you snore like a wolverine with a head cold.
    This is actually not true. He doesn't snore much at all unless he's stuffed up. I really hope I am probably in a better position to know.
    It's true. I have no idea what you would consider BAD snoring, but I fear it.
  • I have no idea what you would consider BAD snoring, but I fear it.
    The Blue Chainsaw. Fear him.
  • It's true. I have no idea what you would consider BAD snoring, but I fear it.
    So every time I've EVER slept in the same room with Pete he's had a head cold? Jesus man you need to get checked out :-p
  • Well I heard Wyatt was secretly trying to cuddle with George all night as he moved closer to him in bed. ^_~
  • Well I heard Wyatt was secretly trying to cuddle with George all night as he moved closer to him in bed. ^_~
    Do we need to start a "Why People Think George and Wyatt are Gay" thread now?
    Do we need to start a "Why People Think George and Wyatt are Gay" thread now?
    LIES! LIES AND SLANDER!

Also, George has no ass.
  • The Front Row Corner
    Hey, I'm in that picture.
    Me too! Whoo!
  • LIES! LIES AND SLANDER!

Also, George has no ass.
    IT'S TRUE DAMN IT!

I have no ass.
  • The best part about PAX was the constant realization that there will be another one every six months for the rest of my life.

Our new panel lineup is already in progress.
  • edited April 2010
    So, I think I have a photo from PAXE that pretty much sums up the FRC without need for explanation.

Post edited by Nuri on
  • Heh, that was pretty crazy that round.
  • Heh, that was pretty crazy that round.
    You mean EVERY round? There was no round where almost every player did not try to make the most dickish move possible.
  • Well that round was especially dickish. I played Jenga with some regular people over the weekend and it wasn't nearly as nerve wracking. They kept tapping middle pieces...on their first turn. :( I took it as an opportunity to practice making epicly dickish moves. ^_^
  • You mean EVERY round? There was no round where almost every player did not try to make the most dickish move possible.
    Let it be known that the FRC loves a good group dicking.
  • Let it be known that the FRC loves a good group dicking.
    Do you all go down to the local record store every Tuesday from 4 til 9 giving out hot dickings?
  • PAX East Confirmed March 11-13 2011 (that's the week before Zenkaikon)
  • Fffff. In the words of the great Peppy Hare, "Sorry guys, I gotta sit this one out."
  • Where did you find this announcement?
  • edited July 2010
    The only place I could find with that date was eventful.com: http://eventful.com/boston/events/pax-east-game-festival-tabletop-videogame-pc-gamers-/E0-001-024819900-8

They're not an official source, so I would not treat it as enough info to make any plans at all on. The official Boston Convention & Exposition Center website says PAX East will be at the Hynes starting Apr 1st, which we know is not true.

EDIT: Reed Exhibitions has this date listed as well on their homepage: http://www.reedexpo.com/en/Search-Page/?epslanguage=en&kw=paxx$sp$xeast&so=0 and the listing was timestamped as updated on 01 Jul 2010 05:02, so as far as I'm concerned this is the real date.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • And they're still perpetuating the attendance figure lie.