This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

RIT Hockey

edited March 2010 in Everything Else
Thanks to your past sports discussions, I started following hockey. My obsession has grown to include college hockey as well. Did you guys know that RIT made it the Frozen Four?

Comments

• I was following it but completely lost track of it once I was at Boston.
    But yeah, this is awesome to hear! I hope they hit somebody.
  • made it to the Frozen Four, sorry
  • Did you guys know that RIT made it the Frozen Four?
    I was there in Albany with the Corner Crew when RIT won. UNH's goalie was almost in tears by the end.

I'm pretty sure I can't go to Detroit for the Frozen Four, unfortunately.
  • I know now!

My dad apparently knew before me, he DVR'd the game, and will also record the next one. Then I can watch them next time I go over. Barry Melrose talking about Corner Crew = epic.
  • Oh snaps, now it's on.
  • Not sure if anybody here cares, but I just found it in my RSS and thought I should post it.
    Interview with RIT's goalie Jared DeMichiel
  • RIT's game is tomorrow at 5:00PM (Eastern) on ESPN2. RIT sold all 600 seats in the student section, so the Corner Crew will be present in full force.
  • I may watch it via shady means.
  • I may watch it via shady means.
    You don't have to. It's also on ESPN360.
  • You don't have to. It's also onESPN360.
    Not everyone gets ESPN360. It's actually a pretty big net neutrality issue. Basically ESPN 360 makes deals with certain ISPs. For example, my parents have AT&T; U-Verse, so they can get to ESPN 360 for free. With Time Warner or Cablevision, you have to pay. ESPN is allowing some people to visit their sites based on their network of origin, but not others. It's sort of the same as Hulu discriminating based on country, but this is based on what ISP you have, not what country you live in.
  • Not everyone gets ESPN360.
    *sigh* Was not aware of that. Well, it's apparently going to be streamed on Justin.tv, though I don't know where the link is or who is streaming it. You could go to one of the alumni viewing parties (there are a few in NYC). And there's also WITR Radio if you're really desperate.
  • You could go to one of thealumni viewing parties(there are a few in NYC).
    I'll probably be at one of these.
  • Well that sucked. Wisconsin wins 8-1. It was still pretty great to get this far.
  • edited April 2010
    We'll only get better from here on out.

Hey Elmira. How's it going?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • They did not look at all like a team that should have been there, or at all like the team that was in the previous two games.

But it was probably just nerves, and then frustration. They should be able to overcome that with more experience.
  • Pwnt.
    Sorry, guys.
    But not really. ^_~
  • Sweet lord, I stopped watching after it was 6-1. RIT seemed to spend a lot of time with penalties.