This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Points2Shop (shamless shilling necro thread)

Okay, so here's the skinny: While I was injured with my back about a month ago, I was poking around online for ways to get free xbox points. Just about every site I ran into was really shady, or deceitful, or wanted credit card numbers, or was all warezy. However, a couple of weeks ago I discovered Points2Shop. It was professional, had an active community and chatbox/shoutbox where people were constantly giving advice and being helpful, and even had how-to videos on what you needed to do in order to earn points (or cash, whatever your preference is).

Here's how it works:
Advertisers and/or survey companies pay P2S to get people's eyeballs looking at their ads, interacting with their surveys (real surveys, like Nielsen) and usually some basic information to prove you're not a piece of software.
P2S puts up the offers and surveys on their website for you to peruse and, if you want, interact with.
After you're done interacting, the advertiser/surveyor confirms with P2S that you interacted with their site, and then you get points (or cash).
Additionally, you can play games on the site to earn points/cash (although I rarely do, since I lose too often...) and you earn cash and points for referring people (some when they sign up, more as they earn points/cash themselves).
Anyhow, whenever you want to buy something, you can simply browse their pretty wide selection of stuff on Amazon, or order stuff directly through P2S, or, if you are using the cash method, simply withdraw cash to a paypal account.
If you do a whole mess of their free offers/surveys, you can earn around 2000 points ($20.00) in about a week and get a code for xbox points e-mailed to you. I did it. Got my points. Spent em. Now after two weeks of slower progress (because I'm busier) I am almost up to another 2000 points and another free code for another 1600 MS Live points.

Down sides:
- You need to make new e-mail addresses frequently. Both to absorb spam and to be able to repeat offers.
- You need a free (free forever) phone number/voice mail from k7.net to absorb any possible robocalls you could get.
- You need to be comfortable putting your real name and address (and sometimes birthday) in the offers. That being said, they have a security guarantee on their site and as of now I have received only one piece of actual physical junk mail (and that was only because I mis-clicked something). Anything else that has ever been sent to me from offers has been in digital form and absorbed by spam filters.

Anyhow, if you're interested, my referral link is here. If you join and need any advice, you can PM me (username is adammacross on the site)or use the shoutbox.

Comments

• I don't have an XBox, but thanks for the link to that free fax-to-email service! My parents have been looking for something like that.
  • Sonic, Heh, glad I could help. Take note, Xbox points are why I started with the service...but you can just as easily get cold hard cash instead of points or things off of amazon.
  • Shit, I got the message from you today, and I was gonna warn you that someone had broken into your account and was spamming.
    Hm, Might check it out. They seem legit, they're partnered up with amazon, but I'm still somewhat dubious.
  • Hahaha. I was totally suspicious when I first started. Honestly, I'm pretty surprised the whole thing was legit. But you can really tell when you compare them to other sites. I LOVE the shoutbox. It really helped me out in the beginning. It was really the moderators and admins that proved to me that the site wasn't some fly-by-night shenanigans.
  • What do you get out of it from referring me?
  • edited March 2010
    Well, I get 50 points ($.50) for a referral, and another 50 if they complete an offer. From then on, I think it's like 15% of anything you do, and like 5% of everything people you refer do, they also credit me. Most of the referral stuff comes in as cash, but if you want, you can switch it to points in order to purchase stuff straight from the P2S website. For example, I have 3 referrals via my deviantart website. One of them did an offer and two just signed up but haven't done anything yet. $2.00 for me. I also currently have 1498 points. If I want to order the xbox points, all I need is 2000 points or $20. So i can switch those $'s over to points, buy the thing, and have it e-mailed to me. Usually takes a day or two. Here's some proof:
    EDIT: It just occurred to me that I blacked out my e-mail in this image...I assume you all trust me enough to know I'm not going to try and scam all my friends. :p
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Alright, sold. I will assist you in the accumulation of your filthy Lucre.
  • True, I do get filthy Lucre...but then, you do too eventually. And believe me, it's just as filthy.
  • Return on investment is really poor on these. I used to do them all the time. Got a 360 headset out of it and I stopped. Even at my shitty job I only have to work a couple hours to make enough to pick up a points card.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, the point of the site is to sort of do some surveys and offers in your spare time. Offers take about 5 minutes, and surveys take 5-25 minutes (but pay more). You CAN go nuts on a week off or something and rack up points/cash quickly, but I prefer a more leisurely pace. I see it is spending a few minutes playing a clicking game, and after a week or so getting free stuff. :)
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Interesting. I'm not in a rush to get free points, but any additional MS points I can add to my account are always welcome. Hopefully I can build up a good 2000 by the summer, when some of the XBLA games start coming out.
  • Return on investment is really poor on these. I used to do them all the time. Got a 360 headset out of it and I stopped. Even at my shitty job I only have to work a couple hours to make enough to pick up a points card.
    Eh, I'll propably do it long enough to get a 3 month xbox live subscription, and then forget about it.
  • edited March 2010
    I should try it, just to support my Rock Band addiction, which I can usually soothe, but when your account is low and DLC is always unpredictable, you hit a weird situation.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • My want to buy stuff like map packs and arcade games is high on XBL, but not high enough to spend real money. Particularly since MS points are not a 1point : $.01 ratio. That's why I'm enjoying this so much. I get points without spending any real money.
  • By the way, I've been sending messages to you peeps who signed up with easy, fast approving offers. Keep checking the site periodically for more help. :D
  • And now, making new e-mails is super easy with GuerillaMail.com. Make an e-mail, use it for an hour, toss it. Makes doing offers a lot easier.
  • Just an update, I've been using the site for MAYBE two hours a week, tops. My current earnings stand at 4800 MS points, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age (which came with 2 DLC's: Shale and the Drake Armor) and currently I'm sitting at 6655 points ($66.55) to spend. Almost all of this is via what I've done, since most of you guys who signed up have only done a few offers. ;)
  • Just an update, I've been using the site for MAYBE two hours a week, tops. My current earnings stand at 4800 MS points, Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age (which came with 2 DLC's: Shale and the Drake Armor) and currently I'm sitting at 6655 points ($66.55) to spend. Almost all of this is via what I've done, since most of you guys who signed up have only done a few offers. ;)
    I was a little busy doing the whole trying to survive in england thing, however, I have a little more time now, I might give it a second look.
    I was a little busy doing the whole trying to survive in england thing, however, I have a little more time now, I might give it a second look.
    Pfft, survival is for the weak...no wait...
  • I'm probably gonna be doing this a lot more once I get to college (even though you're not supposed to) since I'm stuck with my shitty-ass tethered phone connection at home. So far I think I've gotten maye $15ish in points and I ended up buying a nice survival knife a couple months back.
  • I'm probably gonna be doing this a lot more once I get to college (even though you're not supposed to) since I'm stuck with my shitty-ass tethered phone connection at home. So far I think I've gotten maye $15ish in points and I ended up buying a nice survival knife a couple months back.
    Yeah, that's the one down side. You have to stay at the IP you registered at, and if you move or get a new IP, you have to put in a support ticket to have your information changed. I have yet to see any other "points" style site that doesn't require this, though.
  • Yeah, that's the one down side. You have to stay at the IP you registered at, and if you move or get a new IP, you have to put in a support ticket to have your information changed. I have yet to see any other "points" style site that doesn't require this, though.
    Ha, new account incoming, in that case.
  • Yeah, that's the one down side. You have to stay at the IP you registered at, and if you move or get a new IP, you have to put in a support ticket to have your information changed. I have yet to see any other "points" style site that doesn't require this, though.
    Ha, new account incoming, in that case.
    Careful. Creating a new account entirely can result in a ban, due to the obvious ways it can be exploited. Your best bet is to shoot them a support ticket. They have a team designated to take care of that stuff.
  • Careful. Creating a new account entirely can result in a ban, due to the obvious ways it can be exploited. Your best bet is to shoot them a support ticket. They have a team designated to take care of that stuff.
    They don't half like you to jump through hoops, but I suppose it's not unreasonable.
    Yeah, that's the one down side. You have to stay at the IP you registered at, and if you move or get a new IP, you have to put in a support ticket to have your information changed. I have yet to see any other "points" style site that doesn't require this, though.
    Yeah the only problem is that you aren't supposed to use it on college IP's in the first place so I can't exactly officially do that. It seems like you'll be ok if you use another IP as long as you don't have another person online on that IP at the same time, which happened to me a few months back....
  • Just to let everyone know, P2S now allows anyone to log in from ANY computer anywhere and use their service. Now you college kids can spend all your class time earning stuff. :P
  • edited October 2010
    Just to let everyone know, P2S now allows anyone to log in from ANY computer anywhere and use their service. Now you college kids can spend all your class time earning stuff. :P
    Thank darwin. I've been wanting to do this again for a while but I'm at college and at home my internet is too slow.

Edit-I just logged In and got "We have detected that you are likely logging in from a public location (work, library, university, school, hotel etc.). Please be advised that completing offers or requesting a withdrawal on a public location might result in offer reversals or even account termination. Visiting other pages is not a concern. If you login in from home you can ignore this message."

Edit 2-I just talked to a moderator and they said you are allowed to log in but not get any prizes or do any offers :(
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Just to let everyone know, P2S now allows anyone to log in from ANY computer anywhere and use their service. Now you college kids can spend all your class time earning stuff. :P
    Thank darwin. I've been wanting to do this again for a while but I'm at college and at home my internet is too slow.

Edit-I just logged In and got "We have detected that you are likely logging in from a public location (work, library, university, school, hotel etc.). Please be advised that completing offers or requesting a withdrawal on a public location might result in offer reversals or even account termination. Visiting other pages is not a concern. If you login in from home you can ignore this message."

Edit 2-I just talked to a moderator and they said you are allowed to log in but not get any prizes or do any offers :(
    Sadly, yes, I discovered this too. That means the announcement was totally disappointing and not as meaningful as I had hoped. Sadface.
  • Sadly, yes, I discovered this too. That means the announcement was totally disappointing and not as meaningful as I had hoped. Sadface.
    Sadface indeed
  • How long does it usually take to receive orders? I ordered a dollar about two weeks ago in order to verify my address, and ordered Xbox points on the 18th. It says my order was placed through Amazon, how long do I have to wait to hear back?