This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Songs You've Lost and Found

edited April 2010 in Everything Else
Recently I was going through an old bookmarks file, and found a link to lyrics, that look familiar, but I didn't actually recognize. So naturally I google the song, and I recognize it instantly, I'm hitting all the beats the first time I listen to it again, I'm singing along the second time, and I remember all the words again by the third time.

The song is Square Pegs by Pain. It used to be one of my favorite songs, and I must've just lost all copies I had. I don't know where I found the song, I don't know anyone else who knows it, and I don't think it was ever on the radio or MTV. I'm just glad I found it again.

CoLGUSagTTE

I asked a friend of mine if he has a similar experience, and a couple days later he came back with SR-71's Right Now, which, while not a song I'd call my favorite, I know very well, remember most of the words, and haven't heard it in the better part of a decade. Was probably part of my collection, but just got lost as well.

_dY4KjMdMVE

Comments

• I've never seen that music video. Wow. That main singer is kinda scary looking.. We really need to bring crazy facial hair back.
  • I've never seen that music video. Wow. That main singer is kinda scary looking.. We really need to bring crazy facial hair back.
    I'm working on it ^_~

• This song makes me feel so old, there was a long period where I forgot about it, then I randomly found it and the nostalgia washed over me. I fucking love this song.
  • This song makes me feel so old, there was a long period where I forgot about it, then I randomly found it and the nostalgia washed over me. I fucking love this song.
    Never heard it before, but the video was pretty awesome.

• I never really "lost" this song, but it has a way of fading out of my consciousness for very long periods of time before I remember that I have it. Then I listen to it again and smile all over again. Same with most of the music from The Point, or by Harry Nilsson in general, really. "Think About Your Troubles" is another favourite of mine.
    Never heard it before, but the video was pretty awesome.
    blink-182 covered it

• This is a cover version - I had trouble finding the original in a linkable format - but it's very close to the original.

The entire original - often broken down into three parts, since it's 11 minutes long - is a pretty epic song, telling of the singer meeting his young love(Evie part 1 - Let your Hair hang down), getting together and everything being great, and how the singer can't live without her(evie Part 2 - Evie), and then tragicly losing her, and their child, with both dying during the birth(Evie Part 3 - I'm losing you. The Catchiest song about familial distruction that you'll ever hear.)

• This song was a huge part of my life when I was 10 or so - I would just have it on repeat, CONSTANTLY. I only just found it again last night, when a friend and I were sending each other songs to act as nostalgiabombs. Welp... This won.
  • Awww yeah, Jon Bon Jovi. Livin' on a Prayer is also awesome.
  • The first CD I ever owned was Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins. My brother bought it because it was the thing, but then gave it to me when he decided rap was cooler... I was 4 at the time. Eventually, my parents took the CD away from me (I kept blasting Tales of a Scorched Earth while company was over). Ten years later, I found it while cleaning out my brother's room. I still knew the lyrics to most of the songs. It was pretty surreal.

• I love the shit outta this song, but I've not heard it in ages, I just stumbled back across it in my iTunes today.
  • edited May 2010

My cousins in Ohio and I wore out our grandma's cassette tape listening this guy.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited May 2010

Also, Trey Anastasio's facial expressions, hair, movements, and manner of dress make him eligible for the title of Laird of Neckbeard.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I just recently remember this awesome songs from the early 90's, late 80's and 90's :D

Mexico

Argentina

Chile

Bolivia:

Peru:
  • edited June 2010
    Lost and found this song, but more importantly, I found the fucking amazing music video. Why, hello. I did not see you there.

Oh shit, awesome Dune reference in there, too.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited June 2010
    That's awesome. I missed the Dune reference, though.
    EDIT: Googled it. How could I miss that... I guess if I had read that there was a Dune reference before I watched it, I would've gotten it, though.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on