This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2010

Comments

• I don't think Yahtzee will do a great keynote. What we really need are more game developers.
    Yahtzee's made a bunch of pretty good adventure games.
  • I don't think Yahtzee will do a great keynote. What we really need are more game developers.
    Yahtzee's made a bunch of pretty good adventure games.
    I would cite 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic as the best of said adventure games.
  • I would cite 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic as the best of said adventure games.
    What, no love for Trillby's notes or 6 days A Sacrifice?
  • I liked 6 Days just as much as the rest of them, but I never beat Trilby's Notes and ended up watching a walkthrough of it instead. I just couldn't take the spooky mumbling.
  • Now that I am gainfully employed, I WILL be coming to PAX
  • I SHOULD be going to PAX, in theory. Nothing stopping me monetarily, but lots of details to work out from now until then. Just don't want to speak too soon. Hoping to get a few other friends on board as well.
  • I SHOULD be going to PAX, in theory. Nothing stopping me monetarily, but lots of details to work out from now until then. Just don't want to speak too soon. Hoping to get a few other friends on board as well.
    Try your damnest, sail. Lets show PAX that SoCal is where it's at.
  • I'm in PAX mood again. Damn you guys. I think I'm gonna bust out some Dominions at the coffee shop I'm at (yes I keep it in my car for impromptu games, thank you very much. I blame you, Ro.)
  • I'm in PAX mood again. Damn you guys. I think I'm gonna bust out some Dominions at the coffee shop I'm at (yes I keep it in my car for impromptu games, thank you very much. I blame you, Ro.)
    I will happily accept the blame for the awesomeness of Dominion anyday. ^_~

I think I'll try to finally learn Small World and Agricola tonight. We've had it for months and have yet to play them, ever.
  • Oooh. I saw Agricola at Millenium Games, and I was very close to buying it. Maybe when I have mad monies.
  • Okay, it's decided. I'll be taking Virgin America to PAX and back. They are cheaper and cooler than any other airfare I've found.
  • Mine shall be Jet Blue. Might I also add that I hate the NFL for their stupid, stupid schedule. Once again I am foiled from seeing my first live NFL game! Grrrrrr. The Seahawks had an excellent draft, as well. =/

I hear there is some sort of coffee shop that is known for the hot women that work there in Seattle? Also, some sort of musical museum?
  • I hear there is some sort of coffee shop that is known for the hot women that work there in Seattle?
    I don't know about hot women, but there are a lot of small coffee drive-thrus that have "bikini baristas" serving coffee. All they do is serve coffee is provocative clothes.

I do remember hearing about how some bikini baristas were charged with prostitution.
    Also, some sort of musical museum?
    That would be The EMP (Experience Music Project). It's a pretty cool museum. Right next to the Space Needle and not too far from the convention center.
  • Prostitues... Ewww. I was totally on board with going there until you dropped that bit of knowledge on me. Coffee with happy ending != not up my ally. *shudder*

The EMP looks interesting. I may have to set aside a few hours one day to go. I need to bite the bullet and buy a tourism book or something so i can maximize the Seattle trip. I also want to lock in airfare while it's only $103 each way.
  • Coffee with happy ending != not up my ally
    Oho!
  • edited April 2010
    For a man who thinks prostitution should be legal, I would still not partake even if it were. **EDITTED BECAUSE I POSTED AT AN UNGODLY HOUR**
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • edited April 2010
    For a man who likes prostitution should be legal, I would still not partake even if it were.
    Why would you have to? I mean, Everyone gets laid at PAX. Right? Right? In all seriousness though, Baristas with boobs bearing bikinis are, by far, boss.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I agree that breasts + Coffee = Awesome but when those same wholesome, "Putting myself through college" girls start selling sexy time for cash, it loses it's appeal for me.
  • Prostitues... Ewww. I was totally on board with going there until you dropped that bit of knowledge on me. Coffee with happy ending != not up my ally. *shudder*
    It should be noted that most of the news outlets think the evidence is fishy and likely made up by prudish law enforcement officers. There is plenty of evidence showing that some baristas are willing to flash for customers, but nothing beyond that.

Ladies should also take note that the first coffee stand with half-nude guys opened up here not too long ago.
  • I hope those locations aren't within eyeshot of one another. I'd hate to get flashed and then turn around and see a sausage festival.
  • I hope those locations aren't within eyeshot of one another. I'd hate to get flashed and then turn around and see a sausage festival.
    So you're not a fan of the press at bratwurst expos?
    So you're not a fan of the press at bratwurst expos?
    Truly, sir, I am not.
  • Relevant.
    I'm going to have to take a trip this weekend.
  • Relevant.
    I'm going to have to take a trip this weekend.
    Pics or it didn't happen!
  • So do you guys typically have a good showing for PAX? Checking out the PAX East thread looks like there were several forum people there. I ask A) because I am completely new to this forum (first found out about all the GeekNights goodness through the PAX East primer episode, coincidentally), and B) because I had such a good time at PAX East that I've already booked a flight and registered for PAX Prime.

Myself and 1 other friend are going (flying out of Newark, NJ, Thurs->Mon, on a direct Continental flight for a hair over $300 was a steal). I know pretty much everyone at PAX is friendly, but it's always good to be able to meet up with people at a con and get some gaming in. I know some people from the NerdNYC community that I've met are going as well, so that's a good start.
  • Well PAX East, had more because more FRC forumites live on the "other" coast.

However, I'm sure there might be some FRC people coming along with Rym & Scott. Also Sail and Sonic have committed to coming to PAX Prime. I will be there, Enforcing and hopefully not losing my voice. As for past PAX Primes, all of their panels were packed, if I recall correctly.

I'm pretty sure theknoxinator will be there along with AaronC.

But yes, come to PAX Prime, we'll game it up!
  • Yeah, I will definitely be there. I do get the implication that this one will have the most west coast forumites so far. I'm going to commit myself to spending more time playing games, especially board games, than I have in previous years. The last three years I spent a good chunk of time going to panels, which are fun, but ultimately I think my time will be better spent playing games and talking to people. Especially if Scrym don't have any new panels, then there will be no reason to do them at all.
  • I think my time will be better spent playing games and talking to people. Especially if Scrym don't have any new panels, then there will be no reason to do them at all.
    Exactly.
  • I'll also definitely be there, and hopefully enforcing as well.