This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2010

1141516171820»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Finally
    If you guys are willing to take some friendly criticism about your public speaking: Calm yo' legs down. The amount of weight-shifting, swaying, and stepping you guys do becomes distracting. A certain amount can make your speaking feel more dynamic, but too much just makes you seem uncomfortable.

Otherwise, you guys are fine.

[Edit] I take that back. This is sorta brutal. I don't know what more you could have done with guests that are uncooperative, but it seems like you need to figure something out. The "Fred" and "Makinima" incidents could have easily been avoided, too. And especially for guests who are also comedians, they're bound to rail you hard for mistakes like that.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The Youtube comments are pretty funny..
  • edited September 2010
    This song physically pains me!
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • [Edit] I take that back. This is sorta brutal. I don't know what more you could have done with guests that are uncooperative, but it seems like you need to figure something out. The "Fred" and "Makinima" incidents could have easily been avoided, too. And especially for guests who are also comedians, they're bound to rail you hard for mistakes like that.
    The interview with the Rooster Teeth guys was pretty awkward to watch. Some moments had me laughing, others cringing.

From what I understand, they do a lot of their panels drunk.

The kid in the audience they were messing with, is a really mentally retarded in some what. I don't know his name but he's been to every PAX. I remember him at the first PAX and would see him sometimes cut in line while not realizing it. He seems like a good guy, just not all there. It was pretty shitty of Rooster Teeth to use him as a gag for the panel. I don't know if the video shows the guy, but it happened.

Also <3 Molly's song.
  • The other problem in the interview is that Rym and Scott interjected too much with things that the guests didn't know about. Usually when you are interviewing someone you focus on what they do and what they are about. Ask them to tell stories and generally only lead the conversation when it gets boring. Unfortunately through the interview you guys interjected bits and pieces of your "things" (game theory, Achievements suck, Burning wheel, and niche things like that) to people who are very mainstream. You don't see a night show host seek to out cool their guests. You guys had a adversarial relationship through the whole interview because of the one upping going on. Also you needed to cut the interview short as soon as it wasn't playing out. There is a reason those shows only do 10 minute interviews. You run out of interesting stuff to say.

• FUCK YEAH.

Word to tha Molly. That was rad.
  • edited September 2010
    It was pretty shitty of Rooster Teeth to use him as a gag for the panel. I don't know if the video shows the guy, but it happened.
    That is what made me angry. I though, okay, you dicks came on drunk and are not giving anything to us, but to make fun of a retarded kid like that makes me want to kick you in the balls. That interview sucked. The second one was alright, though.

I can't totally blame the duo for the show's suckage. That was mostly the guests being fail.
    Post edited by gomidog on