This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20100420 - Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes

edited April 2010 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we discuss the awesome DS game Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. In the news Capcom Captivate was all kinds of awesome, and there's a new shooter called Bodycount.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    If I hadn't gotten sick at PAX East, I would definitely have played this with someone.

Also, I must agree with Rym about the succubus being hot.

The factions are pretty good with respect to balance, but some hero/artifact combos are definitely overpowered. I'm going to list my single favourite for each faction (they also happen to be among the most powerful), from the one I like most to the one I like least, but I won't explain what's awesome about them. Feel free to post explaining the awesomeness.

Markal (Death March: The Hero can instantly charge all of their Elite or Champion units currently on the battlefield) + Spider Cloak (Reduces the Hero's health by 90%, but increases the attack PWR of all units by 100%)
    Varkas (Elraths Sword: A strong sword tears through the first 2 rows of the enemy's battlefield) + Dwarven Hammer (Deleting walls does not cost a move)
    Anwen (Sniper Shot: The Hero fires a single arrow across the desired column, dealing big damage) + Phoenix Feather (Revive after death once per battle, with 25% of Max HP)
    Aidan (Fiery Brimstone: Walls on the Hero's battlefield instantly turn into fire and launch at the enemy) + Celerity Ring (Begin battle with 5 moves on the first turn)
    Cyrus (Staff of Explosia: Staff damaged units when it hits, stays on the battlefield for 3 turns before exploding) + Scimitar (Rakshasa's Sword Spiral attack is increased by 25% and the Charge Time is reduced by 1 turn)

Overall, Academy is definitely my least favourite faction. I don't really like Sylvan much either, but I appreciate just how powerful Anwen with Phoenix Feather is, and Unicorns are made of win. Haven falls in the middle because although I don't like their units too much, I love a couple of their artifacts. Inferno I rather like because of the Sorcerers, which are just awesome. Finally, Necropolis is epic win because of the above hero/item (though it needs more to make it work).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2010
    I've already played Bodycount. Yeah, it came to the US under the name Battlefield Bad Company 2!

You guys mentioned Silver Surfer, and I think that would be a killer character to bring to the game. I think SS gets left out from a lot of Marvel games. Maybe they can have him as the Silver Savage from the Planet Hulk story.

How can Scott say that consoles can never do what PCs can for FPS? We're gonna have all these stupid motion control peripherals, so consoles are going to do great things with FPS!

...Is there email notification for this forum?
    Post edited by VichusSmith on
  • edited April 2010
    You guys mentioned Silver Surfer, and I think that would be a killer character to bring to the game. I think SS gets left out from a lot of Marvel games. Maybe they can have him as the Silver Savage from the Planet Hulk story.
    ...Is there email notification for this forum?
    What kind?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Like when you respond to what I wrote, then I get an e-mail alerting me to new activity.
  • Like when you respond to what I wrote, then I get an e-mail alerting me to new activity.
    On the left side of the page is a link that says RSS2. That link will always give you a feed for the current page. That means you can get feeds for specific categories, specific threads, etc. If you want to be notified of replies in a thread, subscribe to the RSS for that thread.
  • What I've heard about the characters in MvC3 is that they are planning for at least 30, but once they have those 30 they are going to keep adding more and more characters until the game's release.

Also Phoenix Wright, and possibly Franzika von Karma, were planned for Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

"Because Phoenix Wright only has one move, 'Objection!', we struggled. We designed a move for him: when he says objection, the actual writing attacks the opponent. However, 'objection' in Japanese is 'igiari' -- it's four characters, whereas 'objection' becomes ten [note: we're guessing he was counting the exclamation point.] When we localize, the balance of the game gets destroyed because the move becomes bigger. There'd be no way of avoiding it! We had to remove him for these reason. In the future, it is one of our aims to get him in." Source

So I don't think it is a stretch to think that he'll show up.
  • edited April 2010
    What I've heard about the characters in MvC3 is that they are planning for at least 30, but once they have those 30 they are going to keep adding more and more characters until the game's release.
    If they were really smart, they would build a system whereby they could just keep adding characters over time via DLC. They could also provide tools to let people make their own characters, but not so limited like Soul Calibur. Let people really break loose and directly make missing characters. Even better, let those characters be submitted to Capcom, like Mega Man robot masters, to then be bundled into official DLC and so on.

Of course, the DLC should all be $0.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Wouldn't it be better to do: I GI A RI and then Ob Ject Shon!! with the Shon!! part lengthened and turned into two hits?