This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Having learned nothing from Wyatt, I'm looking at Craigslist personal ads to find a date. Not sure why I'm considering this or if this is good or bad.
    imageThis woman is waiting for your e-mail.
  • I would try a dating site like Geek2Geek or Match.com. I...actually met Jed on G2G. (prepares for laughs)
  • I made an account at OK Cupid on a whim. It has led to me meeting some interesting people.
  • I would try a dating site like Geek2Geek or Match.com. I...actually met Jed on G2G. (prepares for laughs)
    Argh, I can't remember the name of the site, but Geek dream girl either runs it or writes for it - she also has good tips about online dating for geeks.
    Argh, I can't remember the name of the site, but Geek dream girl either runs it or writes for it - she also has good tips about online dating for geeks.
    Soulgeek?
    Soulgeek?
    I think she has something to do with another one, but Her site is often full of pretty good advice or tips.
  • Don't do Craigslist. It's a waste of time and effort. It's a good exercise in crisis management and hostile negotiations. Otherwise it's crap.

I don't like Soulgeek. The interface sucks and doesn't have enough members.

Never did Geek2Geek.

For free dating sites. OkCupid is solid. Use this site or a pay site. You're near a major city. You'll have options.
  • That is awesome.
  • That isn't even anywhere near the weirdest Paul Robertson animation.

But yeah, hiring him and Anamanaguchi to work on the Scott Pilgrim game was pure genius.
  • Last night I dreamt an entirely original Doctor Who episode, with me as the Doctor. I think I've been watching that show too much.
  • From SA, I'm not entirely sure if this is a joke or not: Look, it's not our fault that other companies haven't caught on to our novel technique of storing the entire database in the HKLM hive. Just assign administrator permissions and get it over with.
  • edited July 2010
    Yep. That definitely belongs in this thread.

Omnutia [Om-nu-sha]:
    Omnutia [Om-nu-sha]: may be slightly strange
    helarosale: i've learnt that youtube links from you are always 'slightly strange'
    Omnutia [Om-nu-sha]: watch it yet?
    helarosale: not yet
    Omnutia [Om-nu-sha]: well this is a special kind of slightly strange
    Omnutia [Om-nu-sha]: it is very likely that the person who made it partakes of LSD on occasion
    helarosale: WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Sex to the sound of whale song.. my eyes have been opened.
  • edited July 2010
    Not safe for viewing anywhere anyone can hear/see this. Find a more WTF thing today and get your soul back, absolutely free.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • This is strange. When I analysed my academic writing

I write like
    H. P. Lovecraft

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

But when I analysed my fictional writing

I write like
    Chuck Palahniuk

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

• Can we see your academic writing?
  • Can we see your academic writing?
    By "academic writing," I mean a paper I wrote this year for AP English about essays. If you really want to see this, let me know.
  • DBZ Wiki article

wat
    Hurrdurr look at me I vandalized Wikipedia!
  • DBZ Wiki article

wat
    Hurrdurr look at me I vandalized Wikipedia!
    Wasn't me if that's what you're implying.
  • I'm just not impressed, that's all. Things like this are only funny if they're "real," and that's obviously not.
  • Get it. It's wrong.
  • I cracked up when I saw this. Are apple computers finally able to run Call of Duty 4? I just got this publicity on my e-mail:
    Playing games.
    Games scream on iMac, thanks to advanced ATI graphics. The discrete ATI Radeon HD 4670 processor delivers faster performance compared to the integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9400M processor in the previous-generation iMac. That’ll keep you on your game, even inside the complex 3D environments of Call of Duty 4 or EVE. For faster graphics performance, choose an iMac with the ATI Radeon HD 5670 or ATI Radeon HD 5750.
    Here is the full page.
  • Oh. My. It can play Need for Speed Carbon flawlessly. It MUST be the pinnacle of gaming technology.

Oh wait, isn't that a 4 year old game? My NETBOOK can play that game no problem.

Sorry, Apple, not impressed.