This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• Very, very bizarre
    Hahaha, I forgot that there were people who don't deal with this sort of thing on a weekly basis :)
    As I said, urban settings are not my natural surroundings. But since I'm moving into the city very soon, I might as well begin getting used to it.
  • Pubs on LD2.. what the hell? It says, do not disturb the witch, right there on the screen.
  • edited May 2010
    Very, very bizarre
    Hahaha, I forgot that there were people who don't deal with this sort of thing on a weekly basis :)
    There was a time in which I went to a rave with some friends and I wore one of my fedoras there, on four separate occasions within an hour, four different people asked me if I had any LSD. I guess the fedora makes me look sketch? What's even funnier about it, though, is that I went with a friend who has shoulder-length curly hair, a full beard, and a tendency to wear Grateful Dead shirts, and he wasn't asked once if he had any.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • As I said, urban settings are not my natural surroundings. But since I'm moving into the city very soon, I might as well begin getting used to it.
    Strange, I was under the impression that a lot more people where acquainted with Mary J in America.
  • Strange, I was under the impression that a lot more people where acquainted with Mary J in America.
    Most college kids sure as hell are.
  • So there's a bot that leaves comments on one of the posts on my blog. It seems to be malfunctioning and instead says weird things. It makes me think of a person who says big words without knowing them to sound erudite, but that's not it. Me and Jed found some hilarity reading them out loud. Here are my favorites:
    "The jiffy whole categorically commits oneself, then frugality moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would on no account else participate in occurred. A total freshet of events issues from the decision, raising in undivided's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and textile help, which no homo sapiens could entertain dreamed would be suffering with take his way. Whatever you can do, or flight of fancy you can, open it. Boldness has flair, power and fascinating in it. Start off it now."
    "All men speculation, but not equally. Those who dream by edge of night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to learn that it was conceitedness: but the dreamers of the hour are rickety men, benefit of they may sketch on their dreams with problematic eyes, to cause them possible."
    These remind me of a fortune cookies:

"The glory of well-known men should always be slow by the means they secure cast-off to into it."
    "May your passion be the kernel of corn stuck between your molars, unceasingly reminding you there's something to demonstrate a tendency to."
    It's like Chef Brian, but...not!
  • There was a time in which I went to a rave with some friends and I wore one of my fedoras there, on four separate occasions within an hour, four different people asked me if I had any LSD. I guess the fedora makes me look sketch?
    Dude, wearing a fedora at a rave is basically like holding up a flashing neon sign that says "I have LSD." It's like the gay hankie code. Fedora for LSD, newsboy-cap for mushrooms, fisherman's hat for ecstasy.
  • Dude, wearing a fedora at a rave is basically like holding up a flashing neon sign that says "I have LSD." It's like the gay hankie code. Fedora for LSD, newsboy-cap for mushrooms, fisherman's hat for ecstasy.
    I just had a mental image of someone who goes up to the fedora guy, looking for weed, and is lectured on the difference between a trillby and a fedora.
  • There was a time in which I went to a rave with some friends and I wore one of my fedoras there, on four separate occasions within an hour, four different people asked me if I had any LSD. I guess the fedora makes me look sketch?
    Dude, wearing a fedora at a rave is basically like holding up a flashing neon sign that says "I have LSD." It's like the gay hankie code. Fedora for LSD, newsboy-cap for mushrooms, fisherman's hat for ecstasy.
    I learned something today.
    I learned something today.
    So I am guessing that having uncut greasy rat hair says "I sell meth."
  • edited May 2010
    So I am guessing that having uncut greasy rat hair says "I sell meth."
    Or "I do cocaine."

Oh wait, you have to look like this to say "I do cocaine":
  • "His name is Dr. Roxxor, the Rock and Roll Clown...he does cocaine."
  • edited May 2010
    "His name is Dr. Rockso, the Rock and Roll Clown...he does cocaine."
    "...seriously dude, I do so much cocaine."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited May 2010
    "His name is Dr. Rockso, the Rock and Roll Clown...he does cocaine."
    "...seriously dude, I dosomuch cocaine."
    "Hey little boy with a b-b-b-b-b-ballon! Guess what I got! COCAINE! Hey Mr. Squirrel, guess what I got? Cocaine! Hey Mr. Police Officer... ooooohhhh."

Dr. Rockso is the only clown I like, all of the others scare the living shit out of me.
  • edited May 2010
    Dammit Joe, you have to stop doing things like this.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Dammit Joe, you have to stop doing things like this.
    There are several Joes around here, so nobody will know it was actually me you dummy!
    There are several Joes around here, so nobody will know it was actually me you dummy!
    Not 20 minutes later.
    Not 20 minutes later.
    Seriously, stop it.
  • Seriously, stop it.
    In my defense,
  • edited May 2010
    For the record, none of what I said here is true.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Burger King is selling ribs, and they're not that bad.
    They're also not meat.
    They're also not meat.
    They're meat. It's on a bone with some char and even marrow. The marrow is even tasty. I would like to say other wise, but they're eatable.
    They're also not meat.
    They're meat. It's on a bone with some char and even marrow. The marrow is even tasty. I would like to say other wise, but they're eatable.
    Marrow is actually a delicacy in certain cultures and it's the good stuff that makes certain meats better. It's one of the reasons to cook with bones so that the marrow can seep out and make your food even better. Some restaurants have you just eat the marrow on toast points as an appetizer.

My WTF happened in a parking garage. I saw a car with two license plates on it. The front one was a New York License Plate that said "New York" and on the back, it was a West Virginia License Plate with the number 3858 on it.
  • edited May 2010
    Ah, I am assuming that they bought that license plate down the street from me in one of the Chinatown gift stores, which have fake NY plates that say "Gangsta" "Princess" "New York" and the like. See, here's proof that the folks living in the middle of nowhere Virginia really want to be New Yorkers, but they are just wannabes.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited May 2010
    I should get one with "Sea of Tranquility" on it [Guess who's been watching Planetes again.].
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The front one was a New York License Plate that said "New York" and on the back, it was a West Virginia License Plate with the number 3858 on it.
    Many states don't require front license plates, so people there will put vanity plates in the front. I had to get a special license plate mount for the front of my Sunfire, which not only wasn't designed for a front license plate, but never had one until I converted it to a New York registration.
  • Having finished defensive driving, I am getting more and more upset. I have never done anything remotely stupid in my car, and can't get over how many people ignore traffic law. But today, a guy flipped me off because I was going the speed limit in a SCHOOL ZONE! I had to do defensive driving for someone else's stupidity, and these dumb nut cases are ignored? Even with policemen watching! OH HOW I HATE TEXAS!!!

Oh, sorry. I shouldn't be yelling, should I?
  • Many states don't require front license plates, so people there will put vanity plates in the front. I had to get a special license plate mount for the front of my Sunfire, which not only wasn't designed for a front license plate, but never had one until I converted it to a New York registration.
    I'm pretty sure I have my old "Churba" custom plates from back home kicking around somewhere, I should find those and get the re-registered.
  • edited May 2010

Along with the rest of Pure Trance. It's basically an endless cycle of naked girls ingesting pills in absurd quantities, hallucinating, puking, and then doing it all over again. It also makes absolutely no sense. The art is really cool, though.
    Post edited by Sail on