This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WTF of Your Day

Comments

• >Actually, the most important part of hunting is being able to properly hit your target. You can shoot all day at an animal and if you hit the wrong spot, you've ruined the meat. The very close second would be the environmental concerns. :)
    Properly hitting the target is a subset of shooting animals, so I still win. :)
  • edited June 2010

So yeah... That happened...

NSFW
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Wow, furries must go nuts over those commercials
  • That's f'd the f up, right there.
  • What time did those get aired?

Also: Citrus aftershave.. I'm intrigued.
  • edited July 2010
    Post edited by Churba on
  • That remindeds me ofSkippy's List.
    As soon as My parents found this when I was about 14, they pinned it to the fridge with the title "List of things Skippy can no longer do", with a handwritten subtitle that read "Or you either, Scott".
  • And that made me realise that riots are going to be completely different from now on.
  • Crazy shit just went down the moment I walked in (attempted is more like it) to the store. Apparently, the actual employees were not made aware of my existence which I found very troublesome. To make matters worse, neither the manager nor my job coach (I was hired through an employment services agency) were there to vouch for me.

And I almost didn't get in, luckily I had my official transcript detailing the hiring info on my person. The coordinator still had to contact some higher ups to clarify this; and everything was eventually worked out.

Bear in mind, this all happened a few minutes ago. I'm waiting in the lounge as I type this 'cause I was told the incorrect time to start (it was supposed to be 10 and I was told to be there by 9). Regardless, this was a big confidence breaker and I'm still shaken up by this.
  • Bear in mind, this all happened a few minutes ago. I'm waiting in the lounge as I type this 'cause I was told the incorrect time to start (it was supposed to be 10 and I was told to be there by 9). Regardless, this was a big confidence breaker and I'm still shaken up by this.
    Relax. I had a similar thing happen to me in high school. Don't worry about it. It will make it more difficult to work.
  • Bear in mind, this all happened a few minutes ago. I'm waiting in the lounge as I type this 'cause I was told the incorrect time to start (it was supposed to be 10 and I was told to be there by 9). Regardless, this was a big confidence breaker and I'm still shaken up by this.
    Relax. I had a similar thing happen to me in high school. Don't worry about it. It will make it more difficult to work.
    Thank you for the encouragement. The first day went by just fine and it's a thing of the past.
  • While on my way to get luch, I was stuck at a light behing a yellow Toyota Matrix with the license plate "2GR1CP."
    WTF?!
  • While on my way to get luch, I was stuck at a light behing a yellow Toyota Matrix with the license plate "2GR1CP."
    WTF?!
    Haha
  • I can't believe that people still won't vaccinate their children. The pluses so out weight the minuses.
  • edited July 2010
    "Dude, you know what would freak me out? If science was all faked by the government..."

Ugh, sometimes I'm disgusted by the people I meet while working.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • "Dude, you know what would freak me out? If science was all faked by the government..."
    Gotta admit, that would freak me the fuck out.
  • "Dude, you know what would freak me out? If science was all faked by the government..."
    Gotta admit, that would freak me the fuck out.
    Fucking magnets man...
  • Well, one way to run a Matrix well would be to make sure people inside it had now way to operate properly when they leave.
  • edited July 2010
    The only thing I can think is WTF Japan!?

Post edited by sucrilhos on
  • Wow. Check out this giant sack of pseudo-science bullshit combined with kids faking being high to excuse acting like assholes.
    iDose: A digital drug to make you high.
  • Wow. Check out this giant sack of pseudo-science bullshit combined with kids faking being high to excuse acting like assholes.
    See, this is the problem with journalism as taught by many journalism courses- Present both sides, without bias. Just report everything about the situation. But, in cases like these, that's not right, because one side is completely, utterly, and laughably wrong. There are situations that reporting both sides of an issue isn't acceptable, particularly in science or woo woo reporting, but that's just not taught.
    See, this is the problem with journalism as taught by many journalism courses- Present both sides, without bias. Just report everything about the situation. But, in cases like these, that's not right, because one side is completely, utterly, and laughably wrong. There are situations that reporting both sides of an issue isn't acceptable, particularly in science or woo woo reporting, but that's just not taught.
    I can't believe any teacher would be dumb enough to buy this crap. It's like if a student said they were just "high on life". I can't imagine the nuclear fallout level of stupid that would come from that. They'd probably ban the cereal and the board game first, and then demand students start committing suicide.
  • I can't believe any teacher would be dumb enough to buy this crap. It's like if a student said they were just "high on life". I can't imagine the nuclear fallout level of stupid that would come from that. They'd probably ban the cereal and the board game first, and then demand students start committing suicide.
    Oh, as for if any teacher would be dumb enough to buy this crap, I guarantee you there are certainly plenty of them. There was actually an embarrassment at my old high school, because a teacher heard a student saying they were "High on life" in a joking manner, and immediately took that as evidence that the student was, in fact, on drugs at that moment. The police were indeed called, and the student punished, despite that the student, the police, the student's parents and an independent blood test by the student's doctor confirmed that the student had not taken any drugs - Because the school wanted to maintain a "Strong and unified front against drugs."
  • I can't believe any teacher would be dumb enough to buy this crap. It's like if a student said they were just "high on life". I can't imagine the nuclear fallout level of stupid that would come from that. They'd probably ban the cereal and the board game first, and then demand students start committing suicide.
    Oh, as for if any teacher would be dumb enough to buy this crap, I guarantee you there are certainly plenty of them. There was actually an embarrassment at my old high school, because a teacher heard a student saying they were "High on life" in a joking manner, andimmediately took that as evidence that the student was, in fact, on drugs at that moment.The police were indeed called, and the student punished, despite that the student, the police, the student's parents and an independent blood test by the student's doctor confirmed that the student had not taken any drugs - Because the school wanted to maintain a "Strong and unified front against drugs."
  • Having learned nothing from Wyatt, I'm looking at Craigslist personal ads to find a date. Not sure why I'm considering this or if this is good or bad.