This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A victory against NIMBYs

2»

Comments

• Another concern with nuclear power is the cooling of reactors. To use the President's example of France, they are running into problems being able to cool the reactors owing to higher temperatures which raise water temps (as discussed in this NPR piece). Combine the higher temperatures with water scarcity issues and cooling nuclear reactors will become increasingly difficult.
    Molten salt reactors have none of these water issues and run on thorium, which doesn't emit the radiation enriched uranium does.

Anyway, I'd rather deal with small amounts of fissile waste (and, with MSRs, more or less no waste at all) than bake the planet to death with CO2. Just my two cents.
  • edited May 2010

Anyway, I'd rather deal with small amounts of fissile waste (and, with MSRs, more or less no waste at all) than bake the planet to death with CO2. Just my two cents.
    I am not advocating either position, just pointing out that neither is perfect.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on