This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Street Fighter IV

123457»

Comments

• The community also freaked out over how overpowered Juri was at first, so I'm hoping that the OP hype will die down eventually.
  • edited June 2011
    Yun and Yang look like they play pretty similarly to how they were in 3rd strike; crazy fast rush down and juggles.

I'm not a huge SSFIV pro or anything but I'll bet it is their shit disturbing style that makes them scary right now more than any real imba.

Speaking of 3rd Strike:

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Yun and Yang look like they play pretty similarly to how they were in 3rd strike; crazy fast rush down and juggles.

I'm not a huge SSFIV pro or anything but I'll bet it is their shit disturbing style that makes them scary right now more than any real imba.

Speaking of 3rd Strike:
    VIDEO
    I'm pretty sure its just a style change to play against them, exactly what VentureJ said. You just have to watch out for their dash kicks which can randomly become crossups depending on the angle, if they try and rush you down after knockdown (with dive kicks) attempt an EX anti-air attack on wakeup otherwise you'll be put into another juggle.

I'm not so sure what is happening with the 3rd Strike Online, the majority of the great characters from that game are already in SSF4 AE, however it does have some of those cool mechanics, i.e. the parry which was completely overpowered in the hands of the pros who could sometimes parry an entire Super. Dudley was an absolute beast in that game, seems to be coming back in SSF4 AE but not many players main him.
  • edited June 2011
    99% of the street fighter I've played as been 3rd strike on PS2 and I can tell you that while the characters are similar in 4, it is still a very different game (and they didn't bring over Necro). Yeah parrying can be strong but its also way cool.

Apparently Online is going to be arcade perfect, have very good net play and have a large number of dip switches (so you can finally run that 3rd Strike with No Jump tournament you've been dreaming of).

Since I no longer have anyone local who plays 3rd strike, I'm looking forward to Online. I also really like the song in that trailer...

Man, I got AE today and went online... I am still very bad at SSFIV
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • I agree 3rd Strike was awesome but I didn't play it too long as all the arcades got shut down as it was released and I never owned the consoles that it came out on however I did run it on emulator for a long period.
    I did play it on my friend's Playstation 2 but no one wanted to play it after 15 minutes as they didn't want to play me.
    Man, I got AE today and went online... I am still very bad at SSFIV
    Who do you main and who were you losing to?
  • Who do you main
    That's something I should figure out.

I guess Gouken and Cammy are my most played characters. Oni and Evil Ryu seem like they could be cool. Also Cody because I'm a fan of picking dopey unpopular characters (see Necro)
    and who were you losing to?
  • LOL, I would strongly recommend just choosing one character who feels natural or comfortable for you to play and are confident with (plus is stylistically to your strengths). Then just constantly go at it, you will hit a skill cap and then that's when you'll find yourself working out strategies against certain matchups and also stringing combos fluidly, regularly.

Once you feel that you have a good handle on that character then you can try messing with other characters, this messing with other characters can give you an understanding to that characters limitations for when you meet them in a match up next time.

I main Akuma for example but have some trouble against good Zangief players because of Akuma's low HP and requisite to be aggressive. I played a day's worth of Zangief and found I needed to modulate my style completely for that matchup.

Your character list is too long and too diverse for me to help you though, all characters have a coolness character however its what feels right like I thought Oni was pretty cool but he was slightly too slow for me however I haven't played in depth yet as the PC version doesn't come out till July.