This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Used Game Deal: New Super Mario Bros.

edited May 2010 in Video Games
So I realize I am not alone in my reluctance to pay full price for console games anymore, so I figured this was worth sharing.

I finally bought New Super Mario Bros. for Wii today. You can grab it for $25 w/ free shipping by using the coupon codes 2D15 and SAVER on a used copy from Gamestop.com

I have done more research than anyone realistically should on determining when is the right time to pull the trigger on a game by applying some rudimentary statistics to a "games I want to buy" list that also has review scores and current used price data. Typically, the data tells me to play the best games from two years ago that (usually scoring in the 85-95% range across most review sites), and pay $10-20 per game. Shocking conclusion, I know.

However, first party Nintendo titles are incredibly frustrating as they seem to NEVER drop in price, and therefore rarely bubble up to the top of my chart. I don't think we will be seeing New Super Mario Bros. Wii for much less than $25 (50% of its retail) anytime soon, so if you are on the fence I would go for it now, or you've got a long wait before it gets any cheaper.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Ah shit, might have to do this. Thing is, I have no problem paying full price for the game. What I really need are three reliable people who will actually sit and play through the whole thing as a quality team.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Thanks for the useful info. One for me.