This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anyone Know Good Anime Info Sources?

Hi everyone,
Okay, so I am in the process of writing a paper for my technology class and my topic happens to be anime's affect on American technology. In light of this, I was wondering if anyone could give me links to good sources for information on anime, anime's influence in America, and/or advancements in technology due to the anime industry. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• I know about the information on ANN, thank you. I was hoping to get some other sources too. A college paper with only one source does not tend to get a decent grade. If there are any other places, I'd really be happy to know. Still thanks for helping.
  • Well, ANN also links their sources, so it's not just a source but a way to find other sources as well. It's similar for Wikipedia - people will get linked to Wikipedia and complain that it isn't a proper source, and yet it will typically link to many other sources.

In any case, I wouldn't have thought that the anime industry in the U.S. would have an at all noticeable impact on technology. Perhaps in Japan, though.
  • Yeah, I would kind of agree with that. My teacher said that discussing the effect of the anime industry in America from a technological point of view would be more along the lines of variations in trends because of mainstreaming shows like Pokemon. And he assumed, knowing that I watch anime, that I could find at least some information on the topic and he was interested. I, on the other hand, have found that there are few printed sources for information that could be useful and sorting through the online sources for legit information is taking a long time.
  • edited May 2010
    I know about the information on ANN, thank you. I was hoping to get some other sources too. A college paper with only one source does not tend to get a decent grade. If there are any other places, I'd really be happy to know. Still thanks for helping.
    You could look for and read:
    The Astroboy Essays
    The Art of Osamu Tezuka
    The Anime Encyclopedia
    Manga Manga! The World of Japanese Comics

Tezuka was very influential in many things that now we might take for granted or might become possible on the future.
    Good luck on your research! :D
    Post edited by Erwin on