This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Toilet visit of your day

edited May 2010 in Everything Else
Yeah, so I totally pooped in a pubic toilet on Oxford Street today, cool huh? Yes I know, I am just taking a joke a bit far, that is all.

Comments

• Three words, man - After Grog Bog. Jaysus.
  • Had a slightly too long pee this morning. Those are always weird.
  • As I'm recovering from an illness, my bowelular exploits, while remarkable, shall remain untold.
  • I was at a baseball game last night. Two our rain delay and then stayed until the very end. Result was eating more than the usual amount of overpriced park food.

This morning I pooped a pair of poos. I sat down, and they came out one after the other so fast. Each one large enough to stick up out of the toilet water.

You want toilet visit of your day, I will give you TMI.
  • edited May 2010
    My morning crap was roughly the size of a newborn.

EDIT: A newborn human.

EDIT TWO: I usually poop in stages over the course of an hour, so that I don't clog the toilet. I've learned my lesson there.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Oh, I love this thread.

However, I'm leery about posting my current visit of the day.
  • I live a 1 minute drive from work, so if need be...
  • I do not envy a graphic designer in our office who sits about six feet from the men's room.
  • Not really a toilet visit, unless you consider the bathroom to be a toilet (as they do in Europe), and it was last night, but kind of worth mentioning.

So I've had a sebaceous cyst on my left arm for several months now. Doctor didn't want to do surgery on it, so it's just been sitting there, not really painful, never got infected. But then last night it suddenly decided to open up through my skin. Thus, I spent a good 15 minutes over a sink squeezing out a large grape-sized amount of sebum. Fun times.
  • I have yet to drop a deuce today so I cannot yet contribute to this thread.
  • All I have to say is male poopers are more fortunate than female poopers.
  • I had a poo when I came back from work. I'd rate it average.
  • From this discussion I propose that we create a specialized version of FourSquare, where you only check in when you're taking a shit. We can then correlate that from any restaurant check-ins, using the time and distance you have traveled from the meal, to create a "bowelyness factor", and eventually get this listed right under the restaurant title on Yelp, Google Maps, etc. Need to know to avoid these places on first dates!
  • "bowelyness factor
    Hm, but in order to adequately represent a restaurant, you'd need to control for each individual diner's "bowelyness." Set up control restaurants, figure out how long it takes before the diners have to crap, and then assign them a bowelyness modifier. You then take that into account with every restaurant review to provide an accurate picture.

I'm a scientist. I demand rigor in my shit.
  • Ha Ha. I was thinking about creating this thread after it was mentioned in the LOL thread. Glad to see someone already did.
  • Finally pooped for the day. Green'ish ting, lil moist on the consistency, and strikingly similar in shape to the Pi symbol.

You want toilet visit of your day, I will give you TMI.
  • All I have to say is male poopers are more fortunate than female poopers.
    My GF would agree with you on that one. She's always complaining about bowelular problems (mainly not being able to go). Me? I'm regular like clockwork. I get up in the morning, I drop a deuce, and then I head for the shower. No extra fiber needed in my diet, that's for sure.

On the record of public bathrooms at work, there's one bathroom where I work that you do NOT want to go into between the hours of 7:30 and 9:00 AM. One of the dudes in my department must save it up from the day previous and then take care of business once he gets to work, because the reek in that bathroom is naaaaaasTY. I've halfway considered sticking up a sign in the stall that says, "This isn't the bathroom at your house, so for the sake of everyone else please courtesy-flush."
  • I probably have too much caffeine in my system as I keep having to take a leak, and I'm afraid I may become dehydrated due to the amount of liquid that I'm expelling. Hard to tell for sure though as the amount of liquid taken in may exceed that expelled.
  • Drinking more water can't hurt.
  • edited May 2010
    That's probably true, but as per my fitness regimen I have a healthy intake of water (none of that 8-10 glasses of water a day bs, as I find kidney damage undesirable). I'm just not sure whether drinking more caffeine really necessitates more water, as I do not feel thirsty, yet seem to be urinating more than usual. It's hard to tell based on a subjective analysis though.

This thread also reminded me of my ex's highschool psychology reasoning that people love their shit. She explained this weird train of though like this 'It's the thing that we make, we produce it, and we hide it away and don't want other people to see it or know about it because we want to keep it for ourselves'. I think this whole thing is ridiculous, I have no particular attachment to my excrement, and am not really biased towards hiding/sharing it in any way. Out of consideration and accordance to social norms I generally do not go into detail about these things however.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • I can't poop in public restrooms, only if it has to be super necessary I will poop some other place than my home.
    I thing this is relevant:
  • edited May 2010
    That's probably true, but as per my fitness regimen I have a healthy intake of water (none of that 8-10 glasses of water a day bs, as I find kidney damage undesirable). I'm just not sure whether drinking more caffeine really necessitates more water, as I do not feel thirsty, yet seem to be urinating more than usual. It's hard to tell based on a subjective analysis though.
    Well, short of consuming a lot of water in a short time (especially if combined with strenuous physical exercise), I doubt there will be trouble from increasing your intake.
    Nonetheless, if you're not thirsty then you're probably fine, but if you do feel thirst then you need to increase your water intake so as to avoid being thirsty in the future.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Thirst is a natural part of living, when you are thirsty, drink water, when you aren't don't. The problem is people suffering from chronic dehydration who have learned to ignore their thirst, if brought to a conscious level however, it is easy for almost anyone to recognize. Drinking too much water overall can have negative effects on your body, even if you don't recognize it at the time.

My mom had quite a big problem with this stuff, so I'm aware of both ends of the problem, the best solution I've found is to just drink if you're thirsty, eat healthy, avoid overly processed or chemically preserved food, and try to eat things with moisture in them.
  • Thirst is a sign that you're already slightly dehydrated, however.
  • edited May 2010
    Which is why it's important to pay attention to what your body is telling you. That's how we survived as a species for thousands of years, I see no reason to change that based on some health zealot on tv trying to convert me to their cause. This is just like the atkins diet thing in my eyes. these things become popular, then evolve into 'common knowledge' and that common knowledge is believed to be fact and people buy into it. The book influence by Cialdini outlines group thinking quite well. I'm not a fan of thought by committee, that form of knowledge tends to be dangerous when allowed to take over.
    Post edited by Sova on
  • I think the best analogy for today's major toilet encounter would be that of a clogged paintball hopper.
  • I poo'd in a fishery in Ilwaco,WA today. One of the few places where the smell of the place overpowered my poo.
  • This thread has a surprising but welcome lack of pictures and, more importantly, Youtube embeds.