This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Feeder Follies.

edited May 2010 in Everything Else
In my old age, I've become a birder. It's as strange to me as it probably sounds to you. In any event, here's the latest expression of my newest fixation:
02sOyK188wY

Rym & Scott often have discussed areas of their lives that they believe to be unchangeable. I've argued with them about this point on the nature of friendship, but it applies to hobbies too. For example, while Scott is an ardent gamer now, he may go through a phase later in life where he stops gaming. He might not want to do it anymore, or more likely, there's other things he'd rather be doing. This is possible.

It might be more or less related to the kind of person you are. I mean, I'm a serial hobbyist. This is better than being a serial killer. :)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I mean, I'm a serial hobbyist. This is better than being a serial killer. :)
    What if serial killing is one of the hobbies?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited May 2010
    I suppose your next step is to get a high speed camera and a humming bird feeder. ~_^
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • For example, while Scott is an ardent gamer now, he may go through a phase later in life where he stops gaming. He might not want to do it anymore, or more likely, there's other things he'd rather be doing. This is possible.
    I don't think this will ever happen. My hobbies tend to have seasons. For example, lately I've been mostly coding, reading books, and watching just one anime. I'm only playing a little bit of video games. I'd like to play some board games and RPGs pretty badly, but it requires people and planning. I've got a pile of unread comics.

But meanwhile, just a few weeks ago it was video games and comics, oh my. I was playing SSFIV every day, and reading comics like crazy. I may add and subtract some of the smaller hobbies here and there. For example, I build model kits, rarely, and I built this ice tube clock, once. But as far as gaming, comics, anime, technology, they will cycle in and out for as long as I live.

Also, my mom has the humming bird feeder, but she just watches from the porch window, not doing any photography. I don't think it has worked yet. I don't think there are humming birds in her area.
  • edited May 2010
    But as far as gaming, comics, anime, technology, they will cycle in and out for as long as I live.
    I think it's like this for most people. Although, it may not be geeky things, but more like soccer, art and studying literature. I work this way with my hobbies as well. I just got off a board gaming, cartoon and comic reading kick and now I'm in a manga, Star Trek, vidjyagames and fashion kick.
    Post edited by Viga on