This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Something weird is going on.

2»

Comments

• ˙ʇı pǝɔıʇou ǝʌ,I ʎɐs ʇ,uɐↃ
  • edited June 2010
    I figured out the avatar issue.

Many of the older avatars are still pointing at frontrowcrew.com/forum/... instead of forum.frontrowcrew.com/...

That's not really a big deal because there is a redirect in place that handles that. However, if you happen to visit the forum at the same exact time I'm messing around with the web site, that particular redirect might fail. Because frontrowcrew.com is a separate server from forum.frontrowcrew.com it's quite possible for the redirect on frontrowcrew.com to fail if I'm messing with that server while forum.frontrowcrew.com is just fine and dandy. Thus, avatars will be missing.

I will try to update the database so that all avatars have updated urls sometime soon.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Scott: He's On It.
  • edited June 2010
    Avatar breakage should be fixed now. However, some people have avatars that are hosted on external sites. I can't do anything about that. If your avatar isn't uploaded to this forum, I have no control. Maybe Vanilla 2 will just use Gravatar, and we'll be done with it.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • However, some people have avatars that are hosted on external sites.
    And it has never, and probably will never, go down. ;)
  • Online User list is strangely absent. What's up with that?
    It started shitting on itself yesterday and then went away. Scott must have noticed and disabled it until he can fix it.
    It started shitting on itself yesterdayand then went away. Scott must have noticed and disabled it until he can fix it.
    I wonder what's worse: That the first thing I did when I opened up that picture was look for my name, or that I was disappointed when I couldn't find it.
  • However, some people have avatars that are hosted on external sites.
    Is that still allowed? I just changed my avatar and it looks like the forum software re-saved my 32x32 px jpeg as... a 32x32 px jpeg, at a lower quality. Uploading a 32x32 png and a larger version of the image didn't seem to make a difference in how muddy the final image ends up.

This is a minor issue that probably bothers only me, and it might be specific to this image in particular, so I'd rather just host the file myself, instead of wasting Scott's time on this. I'm not going to miss the bandwidth used by a 5kb png file.
  • Is that still allowed? I just changed my avatar and it looks like the forum software re-saved my 32x32 px jpeg as... a 32x32 px jpeg, at a lower quality. Uploading a 32x32 png and a larger version of the image didn't seem to make a difference in how muddy the final image ends up.
    I didn't write that code. Basically it uses php-gd to resize the image no matter what. Not something that's really worth fixing. Also, while it might be cool to host your own avatar, it's actually kind of bad. Imagine loading a page with 20 avatars all from different sites. That's 20 DNS lookups, not cool.
  • I got this when changing my icon. It worked, so I doubt it's important, but I figured, whatever.

Notice: Undefined index: ACCOUNTPICTURES_IMAGEMAGICK_PATH in /home/apreche/www/forum.frontrowcrew.com/extensions/AccountPictures/default.php on line 146

• Notice: Undefined index: ACCOUNTPICTURES_IMAGEMAGICK_PATH in /home/apreche/www/forum.frontrowcrew.com/extensions/AccountPictures/default.php on line 146
    Problem is maybe kinda probably fixed now. Please try again?
  • Nope. Same deal. Same line number and everything.
  • Nope. Same deal. Same line number and everything.
    That problem was already pointed out to Apreche in 2008. He's never gonna fix that.
  • Is it fixed now?
  • Is it fixed now?
    Yup.