This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WordPress Header Images

edited June 2010 in Art!
You may know that WordPress 3.0 was recently released. As of today I have two blogs that are running WordPress 3.0. http://apreche.net and http://comments.apreche.net. I'm using the default WordPress 3.0 theme because it's actually really nice, and it works well. My blogs aren't exactly huge news sites with brands, so they don't need to have their own unique themes or anything. It also guarantees that WordPress widgets and plugins will always work nicely, and saves me a lot of work.

However, you may notice that the WordPress 3.0 theme has a gigantic header image. It comes with eight different images to choose from, but they are mostly lame landscape things. Not really fitting for my blogs. I've temporarily chosen the default WordPress logo image as it is the best of the bunch, but still sucky.

If someone with skills of arts wants to make me two header images, one for each blog, and they are actually professional and awesome and suitable, I will gladly compensate you appropriately. I can give you pieces of paper that have art and words printed on them by other artists (comics), or I can give you pieces of paper with pictures of dead presidents on them (dollars).

Comments

• I vote for images from the oppossed thread. Yes, we need little doodle guys!
    Apreche, spelled with an imaginary exploded handheld device.
  • OMG. That's fucking rad, Jain7th.
  • Apreche, spelled with an imaginary exploded handheld device.
    That is goddamn amazing. Maybe I should hire you to make a logo for my company... once I have money.
  • edited June 2010
    That is super, super awesome. Of course, I always love your stuff. But yeah, this is really great. My one criticism is that the E doesn't really read as an E. Not sure what you can do about that, since it needs to be the back plate of the Gameboy, but just saying. Maybe if you made the text (scot idwv) bigger or something.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • I vote for images from the oppossed thread. Yes, we need little doodle guys!
    QFT
    New "Es"
    Thanks for the positive comments.
  • Ah sweet. Thing is, the red and black don't really work so well. I tried to crop and re-color, but I suck. Also, The GIMP sucks.
    What kind of prize do you want?
  • Ah sweet. Thing is, the red and black don't really work so well. I tried to crop and re-color, but I suck. Also, The GIMP sucks.
    When are you going to deliver it?
    When he did the covers for my ebooks, I gave him money.
  • Alright, recolored.

I prefer money.
    Re-colouring the Gimp is easy. You just chose to try and dick about on a jpg. Request a large-scaled png with your purchase!