This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Demonoid invites for all

JoeJoe
edited June 2010 in Technology
Everyone is really cool here, I would like to giveback something to the community .
Anyone interested in a invite for Demonoid just pm me and I'll pm you back with a invite code.

Demonoid is a private torrent site with lots of audio books, ebooks, anime, music, and other things.

Comments

• What's that?
  • Is this a spammer?
  • Well I guess not, because the invites are kinda hard to get, I think Joe here is just trying to be kind.

• I've still got my old Demonoid account if anyone needs something from it, I can invite them.
  • I also have invites.
  • It's a blatantly open piracy site, but its invite only? It's based on some really shitty forum software instead of being actually useful like Pirate Bay? If you're going to engage in digital piracy, this really isn't the way to go.
  • It's a blatantly open piracy site, but its invite only? It's based on some really shitty forum software instead of being actually useful like Pirate Bay? If you're going to engage in digital piracy, this really isn't the way to go.
    The larger selection of audio books is why I use it.
  • I'm surprised people still use this.
  • Demonoid invites are incredibly easy to come by.
  • [LAUGH]
    \o/   \o/
  • Oh dear.. someone get the dried frog pills.
  • I likey the audio-books so I'll try it out.
  • Fuck yeah, dried frog pills. Bursar ftw.
  • Wow, lot of hate on Demonoid. I don't often have needs to pirate stuff, but I got in there on an open registration period back in 2005. Since then they've had pretty much everything I've ever looked for, and it has been very easy to locate. I'm not sure what the problem with their software is or how it makes them an inferior site but comments like that come off to me as "I don't use it so it must not be good".
  • I don't often have needs to pirate stuff, but I got in there on an open registration period back in 2005. ".
    Same here.
  • hmmm.. not a fan of the sorting in the forums, like lets say I wanted to see audiobooks from biggest to smallest files, they don't allow this or if I wanted to look at the ones with the most seeds... can't do that as well...
  • Fair enough critique. This would annoy me as well if I was going there to browse rather than visiting on occasion to search for something specific.
  • My days of pirating are long behind me. Only when it's not legitimately available do I even bother.
  • Well I guess not, because the invites are kinda hard to get, I think Joe here is just trying to be kind.

This is both a hard thing to believe and absolutely unusual on the internet?
  • I would love to hear from the people I gave invites to what they think about Demonoid.
  • I like demonoid because it has a well organized selection of geeky/obscure things. Manga, Comics & Audiobooks all have their own sections.I thought of a big problem though. If there are torrents only hosted on their site, the seeds/peers are limited by how many people are invited into their private party.
  • I like demonoid because it has a well organized selection of geeky/obscure things. Manga, Comics & Audiobooks all have their own sections.I thought of a big problem though. If there are torrents only hosted on their site, the seeds/peers are limited by how many people are invited into their private party.
    I think it is the largest private tracker there is. And the the newer/torrents on the front page can be download from the pubic.
    edited June 2010
    I think it is the largest private tracker there is.
    [LAUGH]
    \o/    \o/
    Post edited by ... on
  • If there are torrents only hosted on their site
    Demonoid has no rules about cross-posting torrents to other trackers, and many people seeding do spread the tracking around to other public arenas.
  • Seems pretty good so far...although I can't seem to find a way to make a demonoid search to transdroid (Android bit torrent manager) work properly.